Hot Fudge Miscellaneous

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Miscellaneous

Postby The Beav » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Toolbox wrote:
Mulligan wrote:Meijer needs to implement a speed and competency test for self-checkout lanes on busy days.

Or just hire more cashiers....

Yup. I remember when the motto was, "You're next in line!"

Last Wednesday, I thought I was being crafty to avoid the chaos at the Roseville Meijer (which is under heavy construction), and went to the one in Fraser. I said fuck it after 40 minutes to get through the check out line. Self check out was 30 people deep. Left my shit and went to the Meijer at 13 and Ryan (I had about $15 in returnable slips) and got the exact same stuff and got out within 20 minutes because they were fully staffed.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Amadeus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm

The Beav wrote:
Toolbox wrote:
Mulligan wrote:Meijer needs to implement a speed and competency test for self-checkout lanes on busy days.

Last Wednesday, I thought I was being crafty to avoid the chaos at the Roseville Meijer (which is under heavy construction), and went to the one in Fraser. I said fuck it after 40 minutes to get through the check out line. Self check out was 30 people deep. Left my shit and went to the Meijer at 13 and Ryan (I had about $15 in returnable slips) and got the exact same stuff and got out within 20 minutes because they were fully staffed.

The Roseville store has settled down the last couple of weeks now that 99% of the work inside is done. Plus, you can find some great clearance deals on stuff still. I picked up a couple bottles of 2012 St. Francis old vines zinfandel for only $10, instead of the $25 they normally were.
“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby The Beav » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:20 am

Amadeus wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

The Roseville store has settled down the last couple of weeks now that 99% of the work inside is done. Plus, you can find some great clearance deals on stuff still. I picked up a couple bottles of 2012 St. Francis old vines zinfandel for only $10, instead of the $25 they normally were.

Good to know.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby D-Day » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:42 pm

The Beav wrote:
Amadeus wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

Good to know.

This is how I deal down here on the Southern OP. Meijer is pretty much the gold standard of shopping here (other than the Kroger Marketplace 8 miles away).......
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby D-Day » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:05 pm

In case you didn't already know, to day is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day

http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/nati ... y-july-25/
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Mulligan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Swanson spent the money on vacations, paying down credit card debt and getting multiple plastic surgeries, Schuette's office said in a news release.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /98863348/

Any speculation?

I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby middle aged female » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Mulligan wrote:
Swanson spent the money on vacations, paying down credit card debt and getting multiple plastic surgeries, Schuette's office said in a news release.

Any speculation?

He had a bowling ball sewn onto his neck?
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby Craig » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Mulligan wrote:

Any speculation?

Penis enlargement, of course. And delt inserts.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Previous

Return to General Discussion