Spot On Post du Jour

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Spot On Post du Jour

Postby middle aged female » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:Eh, if they want to fly their flag, they should have won the war. But they didn't, so they can fly it up their ass, not on our municipal buildings.

On the other hand, I do like the Dukes of Hazzard. It has Waylon, after all. R.I.P. Hoss. Getting rid of the flag from public buildings I get, trying to erase it from pop culture references and what not is just being disingenuous and pandering.

Edit: Post needed a picture of Waylon looking like a badass.

Nobody looks as badass as Willie
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Don't remember who tweeted it, but it went something like this:

"We got rid of one flag.
"Now about those millions of guns ..."
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Don't remember who tweeted it, but it went something like this:

"We got rid of one flag.
"Now about those millions of guns ..."

A part of me agrees with that, the part that is disgusted with open-carry birthers and little shit street hoods who pop rounds when fists are all that are necessary.

Then again, I see the neutering of the police, the upending of our social glue, and the continuing hysterectomy of our economy and conclude that my safety depends upon me. Hence:the man may get my BB guns and the broken 20-gauge, but he'll not find my carbines and cans of ammo.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby The Beav » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:00 am

Kid Rock, on the other hand, can suck a bag of dicks.

Right after the NAACP sucks one or two for giving that shit head an award.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby thunderstruck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 pm

And Al Sharpton's NaN and his local profit-pastor can do the same for their publicity-whoring in creating this "issue" with Kid Rock. Despite the confederate flag-loving kook who gunned down 9 blacks in SC, confederate flag wavers should be around #4859 on the list of threats to black America.

I'll keep looking for the press release that NaN is coming to Detroit to tutor kids, teach adult literacy or host violence prevention workshops in the neighborhoods. And I won't ever see it.

The problem with "issues" like the confederate flag issue is that it is a distraction from actual problems. But people fight their battle against SC, or Ebay or Kid Rock and declare smug moral victory. Then they don't do shit to address the actual problems that still exist.
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby MICHIGAN » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 am

Re: Hot Fudge Reporting Back

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:34 pm
It could be that I hang with the wrong crowd but I've never had a homemade wine that was more than just drinkable. I'm by no means a snob and you'd realize that if you knew what all I have drank in the name of getting buzzed. I'm talking stuff that actually tastes either like weak grape juice or grape juice with a strange flavor. Give me your homebrew and I'll smile and compliment the hell out of it, but in my heart I'm thinking "well, at least this didn't cost me anything." One friend confided that to give his weak vintage a kick he adds fifths of vodka to the carboy. I want to say (but don't) why don't we just eat the damned grapes or make jelly and instead drink the vodka. Not being a dick or meaning to be one, just saying that experience has made me skeptical.
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Previous

Return to General Discussion