Spot On Post du Jour

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Spot On Post du Jour

Postby The Beav » Wed May 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Today 08:16 AM #201
milesdriven

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
FYI to the individual who claimed they live in the burbs because they can walk around without fear of being victim of a crime...My mothers subdivision in Sterling Heights was recently subject to a wave of break-ins (over a dozen houses in a few block area)...There has been lots of news recently of a man sexually assaulting women in DOWNTOWN Royal Oak...crime is seemingly up everywhere, don't fool yourself.

Walk 9 Mile from Telegraph to Gratiot, then do the same on 7 Mile. If you survive the second leg of the journey unscathed, please let us know which voyage was more pleasant.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby thunderstruck » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:58 am

Wow, over a month since the last Spot On Post du Jour. They're really slipping over there.

In a thread about a news piece on John Conyer's other Detroit home being in disrepair, and Detroitnerd getting the vapors over trying to deflect criticism of Conyers:

gnome

Gosh nerd you sure be playing clownboy 'round here. First you say the story is irrelavant, then it was the fault of a right-wing news organization, then it was the reporter, now the hubbub is all because no one is pointing enough fingers at Mr Maroun...each time you've been laughed out of the room.

Jeeze man, you sure enough working overtime trying to parse the nuance of important while tying yourself up in failed logic traps. It's like that guy who writes for the metrotimes who tries not to think about all the 9" TS ads that comprise his paycheck. See, it's not really all those pre-op trannies that pay his light bill. His pay really comes from paid subscriptions.

Oh wait.

thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Random Douchebag » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:50 am

Maybe the place is on a roll:

Yesterday 05:17 PM #10 Django
that part of the point of these community gardens, to bring in new ideas and buisness. Liz has done a great job, as her man has also with turning old buildings around into viable buildings. Yheres plenty of lots to garden. If a gardener thinks that a corner lot on a main drag isnt open to being bought and used their crazy, even in the Corridor. Blondys new business/building will bring in much more revenue for the Corridor/Detroit than a garden no matter how nice it is. Its not like shes some Landy type.

Im sure theres some way to come up with the cash to help move the raised beds and fencing. Dont get me wrong, I love all the gardens popping up in the city, I want to see more. I even tried one myself but my thumb isnt as green as Id like it to be.

xpost: Blind Squirrel, Nut.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman

Postby Roquefort Robert » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Vox

The thing is - they flipped a switch last January and they are gone from my over the air DTV. But I'll give them the best news team award. That's all we want is news. Not fluff from the internut played out for several hours.
Perhaps the homebrew antenna you built doesnt pick up the lower channel range? I would try a dollar store pair of rabbit ears, especially if you are local.

X-post Oh Snap, and Spot the Cockpuncher.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby James Scott » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Yesterday 03:09 PM#15
gnome

Originally Posted by Detroitnerd

"Bad guy" is military/cop talk. A competent editor would have removed the jargon.

Looks like we can add military/cop talk to the growing list of things you know nothing about. For the military a bad guy is a shitstain; for cops, shithead. For you, shitforbrains.
Hipsters, douchebags and lumberjacks. All can be found in abundance in Midtown and Downtown.
James Scott
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Not in Detroit, but close. Just like hand grenades, tiddlywinks, and horseshoes.

Postby thunderstruck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 pm

James Scott wrote:
gnome

"Bad guy" is military/cop talk. A competent editor would have removed the jargon.

Looks like we can add military/cop talk to the growing list of things you know nothing about. For the military a bad guy is a shitstain; for cops, shithead. For you, shitforbrains.

Ahhh, I was going to bring this over. "Bad guy" is military/cop talk in the movies DNerd d/l's on uTorrent.

Trying to impress us with his military/cop and journalism bona fides - double fail.
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby ldodger » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 pm

thunderstruck wrote:
James Scott wrote:
gnome

Ahhh, I was going to bring this over. "Bad guy" is military/cop talk in the movies DNerd d/l's on uTorrent.

Trying to impress us with his military/cop and journalism bona fides - double fail.

Cross-post to "Why were you banished?" I think gnome is on his way over to the kids' table.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Postby James Scott » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 pm

ldodger wrote:
thunderstruck wrote:
James Scott wrote:
gnome

Cross-post to "Why were you banished?" I think gnome is on his way over to the kids' table.

You wish. He's still on Lowell's good list, probably because if he was banished, gnome would beat Lowell to a bloody, gin soaked pulp. I'd be really surprised if that ever happened, regardless of the comment.
Hipsters, douchebags and lumberjacks. All can be found in abundance in Midtown and Downtown.
James Scott
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Not in Detroit, but close. Just like hand grenades, tiddlywinks, and horseshoes.

Postby Roquefort Robert » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 pm

From the DY Facebook page...

Who doesn't? Aside from gin addled racist suburbanites?

Good one Liam, whoever you are.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby James Scott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:From the DY Facebook page...

That page is riddled with cockpunchers. You gotta love it.
James Scott
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby D-Day » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:From the DY Facebook page...

Looks like SoD/DD was banned by Lowell for going off the deep end....too bad it's not that difficult for everyone
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Doctor Detroit » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:10 am

Wow, he gets banned from DY, so continues doing his same shit on the DY Facebook page. And now he's blaming schizophrenia for his behavior? Maybe he'll become a street prophet of the ghettoman.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President

Postby James Scott » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:Wow, he gets banned from DY, so continues doing his same shit on the DY Facebook page. And now he's blaming schizophrenia for his behavior? Maybe he'll become a street prophet of the ghettoman.

I thought he already was associated with that group. Oh well, something he can aspire to.

You should read his blog these days, if you haven't already.

Or this page on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/135401263201760
James Scott
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Today 07:20 AM #4
bailey

bailey is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
Ive had the DPD tell me that it is illegal to swim in any part of Detroit except for Belle Isle Beach. I would like to look up how this works. B.I. has many small swim holes but its not until someone drowns that the Police will start writing tickets or at least start writing MORE tickets than normal. Im having a hard time believing that there is a law forbidding swimming anywhere but the B.I. Beach. Do they even have lifeguards there?

What is the problem with just swimming at the beach?
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Random Douchebag » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Johnlodge
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message
Originally Posted by mikeinmotown
John was mean as hell when he was drinking. I heard he had quit drinking so I'm really surprised to hear all of these stories. John's saintly wife, who stood by him for years had an horrible stroke about a year ago and the last I heard she can barely talk or walk. Very sad. John's mom used to work the streets and would leave John at the bar so they would keep an eye on him. I was told the original name of the bar was Sugar Dick Daddies.

A member of the family requests people stop speculating on this thread regarding things they don't know about. Apparently your information is incorrect, and therefore should probably be kept to yourself rather than posted on a public message forum as fact.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion