Happy anniversary!

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Happy anniversary!

Postby middle aged female » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Question for the ladies: isn't it true that every little girl grows up with the hope of having a twenty-fifth wedding anniversary and to receive a set of commemorative silver anniversary salt and pepper shakers? This is my understanding. I was out trolling consignment stores for a scrub plane yesterday and found a used set of aforementioned shakers. Best part is that they were only a buck for the two. I am so going to get laid when our 25th rolls around!

If you give her that, you're going to get laid out.

I hope that you're wrong about this, because I planned ahead and got the 45th anniversary set too: $3.50. Just planning ahead.

I wouldn't worry about it; you won't live to see 45 years.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby D-Day » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Thirty years ago today I was awoken to my first day of Basic Training.............
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Mud Bug » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:58 am

10 years later: Remembering details of Tara Grant's disturbing death

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/10-y ... bing-death

Watching this "Remember When" story sure brought back some memories. Like hearing about how Stephen sawed up Tara's body in his dad's metal working shop, drinking whiskey and puking at the same time.

Or how he took her parts, placed in rubber tote boxes, to Stoney Creek Metropark and walked into the woods, hauling the totes on a kiddie sled. At one point on a small hill, the sled flipped on it's side and the boxes opened and the parts went rolling in all directions. He gathered what he could and stashed under logs but some pieces were never recovered.

How he would give TV interview after TV interview, standing there bug-eyed and making statements that translated to "I'm 100% guilty for this."

How criminal mastermind Stephen Grant would call her cell and leave angry messages to call the sheriff, days after he hacked her apart.

How Grant drove to Wilderness State Park, cops on his tail, and ran into the snow in his socks with a bottle of whiskey and a handful of sleeping pills.

I remember reading that he attended MSU for a couple of years about the same time I was there, before he flunked out from partying too much. He reminds me of soooo many MSU douchebags that made up the male student body circa 1989: the entitled, irresponsible, glamour boys. I'm not surprised life didn't quite work out for him.
Mud Bug
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Craig » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:51 pm

^Stephen Grant... entitled about covers it. Per the press this dipshit didn't really have a job but he managed to scam his wife into hiring a hot young German au pair who, of course, he screwed at every opportunity. So his job was big-stuffing around the cul de sac and screwing an employee. Awesome.

The image of the wife that emerged once the lid had blown off was less than flattering, and while I won't go as far as to say that she deserved death and dismemberment I will say that she sounded like an asshole and a tough one to live with. The details are fuzzy now but I recall concluding at the time that she was very much like the type-A personality bitch married to a good friend of mine. My friend's wife, like Tara, was the primary breadwinner with a high-powered position and flaunted it as in coming home angry and yelling, threatening to cut the spouse out financially, etc. Stephen's account held that the final fight involved her smacking him and then threatening that THIS was the final fight and he'd be out on his ass and financially cut off. So he killed her. The unforgettable event from my buddy involved him coming in late one night and her jumping out of the dark to pummel his face with her fists. My buddy didn't do a Stephen and kill her, but once he found job security he ran away and left her shrieking with rage. In that he's doing what is likely a life sentence and, as Drew and Mike used to report per one of their sorces, he'd "homo'd out" to get along in prison I have to believe that now he wishes that he'd done like the rest of us and just gotten a job of his own.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby Craig » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:02 pm

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=67442

^ a link to Stephen Grant's page on OTIS. Best case he will be 87 upon release. Dumbass. He snuffed one life and the squandered his own.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby D-Day » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Craig wrote:http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=67442

^ a link to Stephen Grant's page on OTIS. Best case he will be 87 upon release. Dumbass. He snuffed one life and the squandered his own.

Fixed that for ya.....
http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2p ... ber=674421
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Mud Bug » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:37 pm

I forgot about the fraulein Au Pair. A married 35 year old father-of-two diddling the 19 yo baby-sitter while the wife was away on business-- again, exactly the type of behavior I would expect from a Gen X MSU pretty boy.
Mud Bug
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Steven Grant's Neighbor » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 pm

That prick still hasn't returned my truck.
Steven Grant's Neighbor
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Morty » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Steven Grant's Neighbor wrote:That prick still hasn't returned my truck.

I thought the state would give it back to you (with towing/storage charges) after the conviction.
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby middle aged female » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Morty wrote:
Steven Grant's Neighbor wrote:That prick still hasn't returned my truck.

I thought the state would give it back to you (with towing/storage charges) after the conviction.

The viscera on the tonneau cover may be hard to get off. Maybe a Magic Eraser would help?
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Previous

Return to General Discussion