About all things in and around the Detroit area

What Ya Mar Ate PDJ

Postby The Beav » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:16 pm

There.

Everybody happy?
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Ya Mar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 pm

Well, last night I had a leftover cheeseburger, some cole slaw, and a bottle of water.

The slaw was home made -- and used bok choy and napa cabbage - with a rice vinegar and seasame oil dressing. Also added some finely chopped seranno peppers which gave it a nice little kick.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby chad sexington » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:55 pm

I understood the cheeseburger part. Eating at Ya Mar's seems really complicated.
chad sexington
Not listening to a word

Postby GM » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Did you add any roasted sesame seeds to the slaw?
GM
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Ya Mar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:50 pm

GM wrote:Did you add any roasted sesame seeds to the slaw?

No - but I should have.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby Putski » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Be sure to keep it real and roast your own. Store bought roasted sesame seeds are for pussies.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Ya Mar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Just got back from the "Ultimate Big Fat Meal Deal" at Fat Burger.

Topped the burger with an egg, added onion rings and a chocolate shake.

So my guess is there will be no dinner report this evening.
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby Putski » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Promise?
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Ya Mar wrote:Just got back from the "Ultimate Big Fat Meal Deal" at Fat Burger.

Does this mean I'll have to start a "What Ya Mar Threw Up PDJ" thread, too?
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Ya Mar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Putski wrote:Promise?

It is a guess - not a promise.
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:28 pm

thebeav wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Just got back from the "Ultimate Big Fat Meal Deal" at Fat Burger.

Does this mean I'll have to start a "What Ya Mar Threw Up PDJ" thread, too?

A "What Ya Mar shat out PDJ" thread would complete the trilogy!
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Detroit Riseling » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:30 pm

It's obvious that Ya Mar's biggest problem is, oh wait, I thought this was the What's Eating Ya Mar thread. Sorry.
Detroit Riseling
Hot Fudge Hipoisie

Postby Mulligan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:09 pm

I picked up the wine for our family Christmas dinner tonight. There is going to be ham, prime rib, maybe turkey, plus all the usual fixin's. I am wine illiterate and the merchant was busy with someone else, so I just grabbed three bottles and split. They are all Kendall-Jackson vintner's reserve: Pinot Noir California 2005 ($19.95), Chardonnay California 2006 ($12.95) and Merlot California 2004 ($19.95).

I spent about as much as I wanted to. My family is as wine unsavvy as I am, so even if I was off the mark in my selections it's no big deal. Just curious what any of the oenofiles on this site would have done with $56 and the menu presented.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby The Beav » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:30 am

Mulligan wrote:I picked up the wine for our family Christmas dinner tonight. There is going to be ham, prime rib, maybe turkey, plus all the usual fixin's. I am wine illiterate and the merchant was busy with someone else, so I just grabbed three bottles and split. They are all Kendall-Jackson vintner's reserve: Pinot Noir California 2005 ($19.95), Chardonnay California 2006 ($12.95) and Merlot California 2004 ($19.95).

I spent about as much as I wanted to. My family is as wine unsavvy as I am, so even if I was off the mark in my selections it's no big deal. Just curious what any of the oenofiles on this site would have done with $56 and the menu presented.

I would have done exactly what I did tonight. Maybe less beer.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby caseyc » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Christmas Eve was simple....a neuskie's spiral ham from fresh market...and I made oyster stew, which turned out well despite having to use a makeshift double boiler. Add sweet potatos and a simple green salad of mixed greens, balsamic and tangerines.....lots of pre-meal snacking along the lines of pate, Humboldt Fog, and various olives etc., and everyone seemed to have eaten too much. Continued to pour the '04 Guigal Cote du Rhone for the in-laws, as well as a white bourgogne chard and '03 Italian Ramitello (excellent value). various beers of the Rogue Christmas, Sierra Nevada Celebration and Moerlein Christkindl variety...

christmas meal of boneless leg of lamb in tri-color peppercorn crust..carmelized brussels sprouts...stuffing with fresh sage....etc etc...started things off with some Moet....did not overcook the lamb (as happened last year in a lapse of carelessness). Enjoyed some of the '04 Tinto Pesquera received as gift from brother-in-law....

wife and I took our older son out to downtown jazz club last night to catch the weekly session by the in-house big band (Blue Wisp Big Band). Excellent....and packed...standing room only.
Make no new female acquaintances; avoid soirees; call on old friends occasionally. Write good letters to absent friends, and attend church once each Sunday.
caseyc
Hot Fudge Cincinista

Next

Return to General Discussion