What Ya Mar Ate PDJ

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Postby Ya Mar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Well, it all sounds quite lovely, and glad everybody had a nice holiday.

It was really toned down for us - except for a dinner party at a friend's last Friday.

Probably the single greatest assortment of California cult wines I have ever witnessed.

We had a vertical tasting of Screaming Eagle (93 through 98 -- wow), a vertical of Harlan estate (91 - 97), a vertical of the Marcassin Pinot (95-2000) plus just a ton of great bottles - Kosta Brown, Turley, and Kistlers leading the list.

Besides that single night of absolute indulgence, the rest of my holiday was just spent drinking bud light and pacifico, and preparing for the move this weekend.

Happy new year everybody.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby davecat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Ya Mar wrote:Besides that single night of absolute indulgence, the rest of my holiday was just spent drinking bud light and pacifico, and preparing for the move this weekend.

Are you moving the business back to Detroit? I'm pretty sure the old Harlequin space is still available.
Clearly if I had the needs and funding I would surely invest here and become the change Detroit needs.
davecat
Hot Fudge Riesling Connoisseur

Postby chad sexington » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Did Ansel get traded for Ya Mar?
chad sexington
Not listening to a word

Postby Ya Mar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:18 pm

davecat wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Besides that single night of absolute indulgence, the rest of my holiday was just spent drinking bud light and pacifico, and preparing for the move this weekend.

Are you moving the business back to Detroit? I'm pretty sure the old Harlequin space is still available.

No. Just to a new house.

However, I think the Harlequin would make a wonderful apothecary. Does anybody want to start an apothecary?
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby davecat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Ya Mar wrote:
davecat wrote:

No. Just to a new house.

However, I think the Harlequin would make a wonderful apothecary. Does anybody want to start an apothecary?

There already is an apothecary in the window of the Rite Aid on Woodward.
Clearly if I had the needs and funding I would surely invest here and become the change Detroit needs.
davecat
Hot Fudge Riesling Connoisseur

Postby The Beav » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 pm

davecat wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:
davecat wrote:

No. Just to a new house.

There already is an apothecary in the window of the Rite Aid on Woodward.

He knows. He used to live upstairs from it.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Re: What Ya Mar Ate PDJ

Postby Mulligan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Ran into the beav and ya mar last night. Unfortunately they were not eating so I have nothing to report in this thread.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby The Beav » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Mulligan wrote:Ran into the beav and ya mar last night. Unfortunately they were not eating so I have nothing to report in this thread.

We did eventually go to Duly's. Ya Mar had a Coney and a loose burger.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby MICHIGAN » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:14 am

The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:Ran into the beav and ya mar last night. Unfortunately they were not eating so I have nothing to report in this thread.

Did he special order anything?
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby The Beav » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:28 am

MICHIGAN wrote:
The Beav wrote:

Nope.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Mulligan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:40 pm

The Beav wrote:
MICHIGAN wrote:
The Beav wrote:

Nope.

As I read this I can look out my window and see two girls SUPing on the lake. Ya Mar's renewed presence in these parts is reverberating with the masses.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby The Beav » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Mulligan wrote:
The Beav wrote:
MICHIGAN wrote:
The Beav wrote:

Nope.

As I read this I can look out my window and see two girls SUPing on the lake. Ya Mar's renewed presence in these parts is reverberating with the masses.

I'm still waiting for him to bring the business back to Detroit.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:54 am

Dunno what Ya Mar is eating, but at my place the tomato garden is literally on fire and we're eating BLTs like all are going to the electric chair.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby middle aged female » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:56 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Dunno what Ya Mar is eating, but at my place the tomato garden is literally on fire and we're eating BLTs like all are going to the electric chair.

Our heirlooms are gorgeous this year; eating tomatoes with basil, fresh mozzerella and balsamic. Yum
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:25 pm

middle aged female wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Dunno what Ya Mar is eating, but at my place the tomato garden is literally on fire and we're eating BLTs like all are going to the electric chair.

Our heirlooms are gorgeous this year; eating tomatoes with basil, fresh mozzerella and balsamic. Yum

There are plenty of good reasons to justify gardening, but for the past few years our primary motivation has not been the produce or to avoid chemicals. Instead it's mostly about keeping the kids busy. Much more difficult to kill one another or to raid my liquor if they're out toiling in the field for an hour or two each day. The tomatoes, peppers, and peas are a bonus.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion