About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Kwame Time: Part II

Postby Craig » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:59 am

middle aged female wrote:
Craig wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Morty wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:The chances of it happening are about the same as the Lions getting to a Super Bowl, but I still wonder if Kilpatrick is sitting around waiting for word of his pardon in the final days of the Obama administration.

I was thinking the same thing. There has been a lot of talk on the radio about Obama's flurry of pardons. It appears as though our prayers have been answered.

He pardoned a traitor. He still has 48 hours.......

He didn't pardon her; he commuted her sentence. She serves 4 more months and is still guilty

Still looks like a "get out of jail free" card to me. News reports said that this Benedict Arnold was sad about being in prison so commutation is exactly what Private Shithead wants.

It's still not a pardon; she will always remain guilty as charged.

I understand that, but if you sprung me 20+ years early from a military prison but told me that there would always be a black mark on my permanent record I would be doing the happy dance nonetheless. A free life on the margins is probably a ton better than breaking rocks in Levanworth.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby Craig » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:08 am

Oh, related to that: a friend from work was recently released from prison on a sex charge involving a minor. We were work pals so I don't really know if he did what he was accused of doing (and for which he took a plea and got two years instead of a trial and the possibility of 25). I hate to think that he is capable of that, but it's another story. Where I'm going, though, is to say that he flitted out of a minor-security facility in Georgia and is free to restart his life, however in addition to being on parole he is to register and remain on a sex offender registry for a long time, maybe life. What this means for the man in question is that his ability to work in his field has ended as criminal background checks are now standard in hiring processes. His hold on the life that he wanted and has worked for is over and now a guy with deep professional credentials will end up doing what.... working in light industrial work for $11 an hour? He deserves it if he did what the state claimed, but it is staggering to imagine how far off course a life plan can go with an act or the half-successful accusation of an act.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby middle aged female » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:14 am

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Morty wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:The chances of it happening are about the same as the Lions getting to a Super Bowl, but I still wonder if Kilpatrick is sitting around waiting for word of his pardon in the final days of the Obama administration.

I was thinking the same thing. There has been a lot of talk on the radio about Obama's flurry of pardons. It appears as though our prayers have been answered.

He didn't pardon her; he commuted her sentence. She serves 4 more months and is still guilty

Still looks like a "get out of jail free" card to me. News reports said that this Benedict Arnold was sad about being in prison so commutation is exactly what Private Shithead wants.

I understand that, but if you sprung me 20+ years early from a military prison but told me that there would always be a black mark on my permanent record I would be doing the happy dance nonetheless. A free life on the margins is probably a ton better than breaking rocks in Levanworth.

I don't pretend to know the whole background on this person; she may be a worthless piece of shit and probably is. I'm just clarifying that her crime wasn't forgiven; she apparently keeps trying to kill herself in there. Maybe rather than the Army get blamed when she succeeds, it's better that she's out and then someone else can take the blame when she offs herself.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby D-Day » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Morty wrote:

I don't pretend to know the whole background on this person; she may be a worthless piece of shit and probably is. I'm just clarifying that her crime wasn't forgiven; she apparently keeps trying to kill herself in there. Maybe rather than the Army get blamed when she succeeds, it's better that she's out and then someone else can take the blame when she offs herself.

Pardon or commutation...six one way, half dozen the other. The bottom line is he/she (choose your pronoun) is getting a get out of jail free card 20 years before he/she should have. That being said, Obama didn't do him/her any favors. Soldiers that have lost buddies due to his/her leaks have looooooooooooong memories and it wouldn't surprise me if he/she end up dead within a year. Kinda like that dude that got tracked down shortly after being let out, unless , as MAF stated, he/she does society a favor and does the deed (him/her)self
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby middle aged female » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm

D-Day wrote:
Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Morty wrote:

Pardon or commutation...six one way, half dozen the other. The bottom line is he/she (choose your pronoun) is getting a get out of jail free card 20 years before he/she should have. That being said, Obama didn't do him/her any favors. Soldiers that have lost buddies due to his/her leaks have looooooooooooong memories and it wouldn't surprise me if he/she end up dead within a year. Kinda like that dude that got tracked down shortly after being let out, unless , as MAF stated, he/she does society a favor and does the deed (him/her)self

Well, she's already shot her mouth off about Obama being weak, so I'm sure someone will kick the shit out of her.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby higgs1634 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 pm

D-Day wrote:
Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Morty wrote:

The problem is that's apparently not true. Endangered? perhaps. Made us look bad? yup. Had there been a direct link to the leak to a death, one would think that would highlighted repeatedly and that would have negated any commutation.
The US counter-intelligence official who led the Pentagon's review into the fallout from the WikiLeaks disclosures of state secrets told the Bradley Manning sentencing hearing on Wednesday that no instances were ever found of any individual killed by enemy forces as a result of having been named in the releases.

Brigadier general Robert Carr, a senior counter-intelligence officer who headed the Information Review Task Force that investigated the impact of WikiLeaks disclosures on behalf of the Defense Department, told a court at Fort Meade, Maryland, that they had uncovered no specific examples of anyone who had lost his or her life in reprisals that followed the publication of the disclosures on the internet. "I don't have a specific example," he said.

It has been one of the main criticisms of the WikiLeaks publications that they put lives at risk, particularly in Iran and Afghanistan. The admission by the Pentagon's chief investigator into the fallout from WikiLeaks that no such casualties were identified marks a significant undermining of such arguments.
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular

Previous

Return to General Discussion