Headlines

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Headlines

Postby Toolbox » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:
Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:There's no accounting for taste, I know, but when I think of Lithium's era a string of industrial bands come to mind that the station doesn't play: Ministry (check the avatar) and Nine Inch Nails, of course, but minors players too like Jesus and Mary Chain and Xymox and others. I'll dally at Lithium but then s big oversight me ans that it's not in frequent rotation.

Ugh, I hate my mobile Samsung device. A piece of shit. What I key and what shows on the screen often are not the same, and I wonder if this is what alzheimers or brain damage must be like. Between a cracked screen and then an incompetently designed auto-correct the result is embarrassment and shit.

I remember Psalm 69 being such a huge deal when it dropped. Only true industrial fans (of which I was not) had previously known about them. You had N.W.O. in regular rotation on Mtv (back when they still played music videos), and of course The Butthole Surfers' own Gibby Haynes on vocals for Jesus Built my Hotrod. It was probably my furthest foray into real industrial music, as NIN is "industrial light" compared to most of it.

Here is a little Ministry from the New Wave Era...
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Craig » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Toolbox wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:
Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:There's no accounting for taste, I know, but when I think of Lithium's era a string of industrial bands come to mind that the station doesn't play: Ministry (check the avatar) and Nine Inch Nails, of course, but minors players too like Jesus and Mary Chain and Xymox and others. I'll dally at Lithium but then s big oversight me ans that it's not in frequent rotation.

Ugh, I hate my mobile Samsung device. A piece of shit. What I key and what shows on the screen often are not the same, and I wonder if this is what alzheimers or brain damage must be like. Between a cracked screen and then an incompetently designed auto-correct the result is embarrassment and shit.

I remember Psalm 69 being such a huge deal when it dropped. Only true industrial fans (of which I was not) had previously known about them. You had N.W.O. in regular rotation on Mtv (back when they still played music videos), and of course The Butthole Surfers' own Gibby Haynes on vocals for Jesus Built my Hotrod. It was probably my furthest foray into real industrial music, as NIN is "industrial light" compared to most of it.

Here is a little Ministry from the New Wave Era...

Total shit. My buddy who got me into Ministry was telling me about this heavy band and I replied "Ministry, like the name of those goofs?" (I had other pals who were 89Xers and couldn't avoid a lot that crap unless I wanted to be the one driving every time we went out to the bars) Who could have imagined that tunes like Flashback and So What could have come out of a former hair mousse band?
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby Doctor Detroit » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:56 pm

I remember hearing the With Sympathy album after the fact. Yeah, not so much for me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President

Previous

Return to General Discussion