Headlines

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Headlines

Postby Mulligan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 am

When I saw this headline staring back at me from a Freep newspaper box yesterday, I thought "Dear God, the Cerebus folks are planning a Lizzie Borden-style massacre of the lovely auto show 'product specialists.' Won't somebody stop these madmen?"
Chrysler set to ax models

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 7710170406

I then read the article and, to my relief, the honchos at Chrysler are not going to hack their alluring spokespeople into bloody stumps. They are just eliminating a few nameplates. Whew. The Chrysler versions of foxy Yuliya here are safe.

Image
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Postby Detroit Riseling » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:03 pm

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 7710260320

Coach sentenced in drug death
He gave Wyandotte student cocaine

Hell, when I was a kid we had to steal the drugs from teachers, and then the best we could do was cigarettes. Usually crappy brands of smokes we'd toss in the trash after one or two sticks.
User avatar
Detroit Riseling
Hot Fudge Hipoisie
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:30 am
Location: got a good deal on a place in Farmington Hills

Postby The Beav » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:07 pm

I thought this thread was about sleeping on a corduroy pillow.

(Once again, my apologies, HFD)
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12397
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Postby Ya Mar » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:08 pm

thebeav wrote:I thought this thread was about sleeping on a corduroy pillow.

(Once again, my apologies, HFD)


Or when a stripper does blow off your cock...
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Postby Woodwards Friend » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Detroit Riseling wrote:http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007710260320

Coach sentenced in drug death
He gave Wyandotte student cocaine

Hell, when I was a kid we had to steal the drugs from teachers, and then the best we could do was cigarettes. Usually crappy brands of smokes we'd toss in the trash after one or two sticks.


"There will never be a chance for us to see her smile or break into one of her giggle-fests," she said, her voice cracking. "It feels like swallowing razor blades. ... We'd do anything to prevent other families from feeling this loss."


Umm...I'm sure it sucks your daughter is dead and all but what the hell kind of parent were you allowing her to be out partying with coked-up volunteer coaches at seedy motels. Sorry but there sounds like a serious parental lapse here as well.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
User avatar
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:59 am
Location: Ceasing and desisting

Postby Richard Wershe » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:14 pm

Ya Mar wrote:
thebeav wrote:I thought this thread was about sleeping on a corduroy pillow.

(Once again, my apologies, HFD)


Or when a stripper does blow off your cock...


Oh the good old days.
User avatar
Richard Wershe
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Postby butter bean » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:50 pm

Unless it gels
Last edited by butter bean on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
butter bean
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:57 am

Postby Andy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:12 am

Police: Marijuana Seized Near Grass Lake

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14519199/detail.html
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
User avatar
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief
 
Posts: 12661
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Grand Circus Park West

Postby hoog » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 am

The truck was stopped for what police call an equipment violation. Police say an inspection turned up 48 bales of marijuana among a shipment of sports drinks.


I also thought this could go in the Darwin Awards thread. Seems like you might wanna have your ducks in a row when you're hauling that much reefer.
User avatar
hoog
Dr. Rosen Rosen
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:03 pm
Location: on the original HFD

Postby Mulligan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:42 pm

Deminski & Doyle set a departure date


http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 3/71128047

I haven't listened to them a lot over the years, but when I have I can never tell them apart. They both have that Martian-from-Looney-Tunes quality to their voices. I wonder if there are really two people in the booth.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:00 am

Mulligan wrote:
Deminski & Doyle set a departure date


http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 3/71128047

I haven't listened to them a lot over the years, but when I have I can never tell them apart. They both have that Martian-from-Looney-Tunes quality to their voices. I wonder if there are really two people in the booth.


Good goddamned riddance. It was shit programming of the likes of these two that got me into XM.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Postby Woodwards Friend » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:02 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
Deminski & Doyle set a departure date


http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 3/71128047

I haven't listened to them a lot over the years, but when I have I can never tell them apart. They both have that Martian-from-Looney-Tunes quality to their voices. I wonder if there are really two people in the booth.


Good goddamned riddance. It was shit programming of the likes of these two that got me into XM.


I was hoping this meant Mike and Mike were coming back.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
User avatar
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:59 am
Location: Ceasing and desisting

Postby The Beav » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Woodwards Friend wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
Deminski & Doyle set a departure date


http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... 3/71128047

I haven't listened to them a lot over the years, but when I have I can never tell them apart. They both have that Martian-from-Looney-Tunes quality to their voices. I wonder if there are really two people in the booth.


Good goddamned riddance. It was shit programming of the likes of these two that got me into XM.


I was hoping this meant Mike and Mike were coming back.


Mike & Mike left? Since when? Oh. Sorry. Frank and I have XM. <thump-thump>
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12397
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:37 pm

I have Sirius (Thump, Thump, Thump)
Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
.
User avatar
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Wistfully recalling those halcyon days.

Postby The Beav » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:40 pm

Sterile Whites 48313 wrote:I have Sirius (Thump, Thump, Thump)


No baseball on Sirius. I can't wait until they merge (I haven't read much on that lately, though) and then we'll have everything!
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12397
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 3 guests