Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya......

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya..

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:58 pm

The Beav wrote:I can't wait until they diagnose a whole generation of idiots with Alzheimer's or some other neurological problem caused by cheap copper mugs.

I'd think they'll be dead from enlarged hearts brought on by energy drink consumption or lung failure due to vaping long before Alzheimer's gets a chance to set in.

Along those lines, young people would do themselves a very big favor by realizing there's little to be gained from dumping most of their checks into rent just to be downtown. And I'm not just talking about Detroit. What we're going to pay for a house one hour from Chicago breaks down to about three to four mortgage payments per one month of rent at a downtown Chicago high rise ... and many of the new ones going up are being marketed to the 35-ish and under crowd.

I also realize this will never happen.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:55 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Along those lines, young people would do themselves a very big favor by realizing there's little to be gained from dumping most of their checks into rent just to be downtown. And I'm not just talking about Detroit. What we're going to pay for a house one hour from Chicago breaks down to about three to four mortgage payments per one month of rent at a downtown Chicago high rise ... and many of the new ones going up are being marketed to the 35-ish and under crowd.

Translation: Suburban Avenger bought a home in Chicago's "Grand Blanc." Welcome to the dark side, SA. The local legion hall beckons.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:38 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:Along those lines, young people would do themselves a very big favor by realizing there's little to be gained from dumping most of their checks into rent just to be downtown. And I'm not just talking about Detroit. What we're going to pay for a house one hour from Chicago breaks down to about three to four mortgage payments per one month of rent at a downtown Chicago high rise ... and many of the new ones going up are being marketed to the 35-ish and under crowd.

Translation: Suburban Avenger bought a home in Chicago's "Grand Blanc." Welcome to the dark side, SA. The local legion hall beckons.

Ha! If only there was a legion hall here in the Big V ... they probably couldn't find any room for one, what with all the fucking Lutheran churches on every block.

The best analogy I've heard for my new digs is that northwest Indiana is Chicago's New Jersey (playing the part of Newark, it's Gary!) while southeastern Wisconsin is Chicago's Connecticut.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby The Beav » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:43 am

D-Day wrote:
The Beav wrote:I'm quitting Honest ? John's after 19 years. Change in management and change in clientele result in a change in culture. I was not having as much fun as normal, so I decided to get out before I hated it. It was a good run. I will never understand the new cocktail culture. Those people are lame and are poseurs the whole way 'round.

Can you steal the Jesus action figure next to the register on the bar for me? I always wanted a Jesus action figure......

They got rid of that.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby guest » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby D-Day » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:51 am

The Beav wrote:
D-Day wrote:
The Beav wrote:I'm quitting Honest ? John's after 19 years. Change in management and change in clientele result in a change in culture. I was not having as much fun as normal, so I decided to get out before I hated it. It was a good run. I will never understand the new cocktail culture. Those people are lame and are poseurs the whole way 'round.

Can you steal the Jesus action figure next to the register on the bar for me? I always wanted a Jesus action figure......

They got rid of that.

Assholes........
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby guest » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:32 pm

John Hinckley to leave DC mental hospital for Virginia

Goodbye lockdown ward, hello Mom's basement. What could go wrong?
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby The Beav » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:13 pm

The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Morty » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Proud, mighty proud to say I attended this fine event, just so that at least one cockpuncher was in attendance. I walked out without taking one of the swag Kessler shirts.
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:56 am

910 AM radio host Ralph Godbee quits on air

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entert ... /91620666/

...host a TV talk show based on relationships...

Meaning adulterous relationships with subordinates that end careers?

Godbee said he plans to now focus on serving as senior pastor of the Inner Court Christian Center.

Cross to HFD Scoundrels, Hustlers and Thieves.
...with 45 personalities — including former Detroit City Council President Monica Conyers, Christine Beatty, former chief of staff to Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, and Karen Dumas, former spokeswoman for Detroit Mayor Dave Bing...

That's a rogue's gallery if there ever was one.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby D-Day » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Ax fell at work on Wednesday and yours truly's head was on the chopping block. Might not be such a bad thing, though. I have a marketable skill, and after just a couple days already have some leads to explore...........the uncertainty sucks, but, hopefully we'll come out on the good side in a short while
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Previous

Return to General Discussion