Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya......

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya......

Postby guest » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Morty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 pm

guest wrote:

His Father ran a chain of men's clothing stores, Robert Hall. George's foundation paid for some of Mrs. Morty's MSU tuition.
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Shark » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:18 pm

guest wrote:

He's gonna like termination pay and benefits valued at about $2.7 million. I guarantee it.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby thunderstruck » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Just recently he was all EEV boosterism, now he's "see ya" to EEV, SE MI and the state in general. OK bye. X-post to HFD Quitters.

Today, 01:48 PM #17
poobert

The problem is that DPD does not respond to squatter issues, and will rarely respond to noise complaints. Amazingly, they also don't respond to drug issues. You have to call the "dope" line for that: 596-5975
For some reason I can't find that number online, only in my own records. I'm pretty sure DPD just doesn't care to deal with it anymore.

Then these assholes wonder why people are heading for the hills?

Squatters are pretty next to impossible to dislodge, since the police won't do it. Shutting off their power so they can't have their disgusting squatter parties sometimes works. Since they steal housing, they also often steal power. Report it:
https://www.dteenergy.com/residentia...ergyTheft.html
Since there is money to be made/saved here, DTE often responds.

By all means, DO call. Call early, call often. They'll stick around until they're annoyed enough to leave and go someplace where people don't care. They'll probably burn down the place they're currently, in, though.

Me, I'm leaving this state altogether. I've finally made up my mind. Life is to short to live in "southeast" Michigan. See you on the east coast.

thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Quitting a second time. Splitting the Queen City to go help keep Austin weird.
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Postby Toolbox » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Ansel Rakestraw wrote:Quitting a second time. Splitting the Queen City to go help keep Austin weird.

Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Re: Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya..

Postby guest » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:48 am

Alec Baldwin says he's leaving public life

here's why, hope you have all day free to read it
http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/alec-bal ... -life.html

that whole Baldwin Brothers group needs to be stuffed in a sack and dropped in the Mariana Trench

cross to Stupid Celebrities, Quitters and I'm Calling Bullshit
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 am

I know we were following his antics in another thread, just can't remember which one.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Wade H. McCree Jr. was removed from office and will be suspended without pay if voters re-elect him this year, the Michigan Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.

In a 34-page ruling that issues a blistering indictment of McCree’s misconduct in office that began in 2012, including an affair with a witness in a case before him, the state’s highest court concluded, “The cumulative effect of respondent’s misconduct convinces this court that respondent should not remain in judicial office and we therefore remove him from that office and conditionally suspend him without pay for six years beginning on Jan. 1, 2015, with the suspension becoming effective only if respondent is re-elected to judicial office in November 2014.”

The justices added “the likelihood of his continuing to commit judicial misconduct is high.” The punishment Wednesday affirmed what the Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission had recommended in September after disciplinary hearings in the case against McCree.

The court said in its ruling that McCree’s misconduct undermined the justice system.

“Indeed, there is not much, if anything, that is more prejudicial to the actual administration of justice than having a sexual relationship with a complaining witness without recusing oneself, engaging in ex parte communications with this mistress/complaining witness, attempting to use the prosecutor’s office as leverage against this now ex-mistress by concocting charges of stalking and extortion against her, and then lying under oath about these matters.”

The decision comes a year after McCree was suspended from the bench without pay following a misconduct complaint filed against the judge by the commission after McCree’s affair with Geniene LaShay Mott, 31, a plaintiff who had a child support case before him in 2012. McCree, a married father of two, admitted to the affair but said his assignations did not influence his decision in her case.

McCree, 57, who filed for re-election last month for the judgeship, which pays about $140,000 annually, was accused of having romantic rendezvous in his chambers with the woman. He also was accused of making offensive remarks to her about litigants in his courtroom, referring to some of them as “tatted up, overweight, half-ass English speaking gap-tooth skank hoes” in text messages to Mott.

McCree’s attorney, Brian Einhorn, could not be reached for comment Wednesday evening, but has said in the past the punishment the commission sought was unprecedented and Draconian. McCree could not be reached after the ruling.

"The unprecedented level of disciplinary action that it recommends was seemingly plucked from the air, untethered to anything that has preceded it," Einhorn told The Detroit News in October. "Discipline is warranted but equivalent misconduct must be treated equivalently."

In their ruling, the justices found that McCree “lied repeatedly to the JTC and the master while under oath” and violated the state’s Code of Judicial Conduct.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2014 ... z2x9hv6pkv
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby guest » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 am

Ex-Chief Ralph Godbee: 'At 16 Years Old a Person of Authority Molested Me'

Shit, anything to get back in the news. Is this the Maury show?

Godbee would like to be police chief again, but knows he would likely have to leave town to make that happen.

There must be a city somewhere that doesn't have Google. A few foxy female police lieutenants would be a plus.

Seriously, with Craig making frequent announcements of DPD cracking major crimes I really wonder what Godbee, Bully-Cummings and the rest of them were doing.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:01 am

guest wrote:
Ex-Chief Ralph Godbee: 'At 16 Years Old a Person of Authority Molested Me'

Shit, anything to get back in the news. Is this the Maury show?

Godbee would like to be police chief again, but knows he would likely have to leave town to make that happen.

There must be a city somewhere that doesn't have Google. A few foxy female police lieutenants would be a plus.

Seriously, with Craig making frequent announcements of DPD cracking major crimes I really wonder what Godbee, Bully-Cummings and the rest of them were doing.

Boogian at the Manoogian...
Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian

Postby The Beav » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:23 am

The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby D-Day » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:13 am

One of the guys in my HS class is Tom Gage's brother-in-law. His sister is nice, but I have always felt sorry for Tom Gage for having to put up with this guy for at least 32 years.
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 am

It begins, pretty much as I expected. The guy who walks to work with windfall of hundreds of thousands has moved out of concern for his safety.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/11532/famous_walking_man_concerned_about_safety_moves_to_new_home

This part says a lot:
Robertson has yet to get the money, but people are asking him to share it
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:23 pm

Chris McCosky has incriminating photos of somebody at the News. He was taken off the Pistons beat because he couldn't play nice with other reporters.
Then to the Lions (the real glamour beat, if web traffic is any indication) and briefly, the Wings.
Now the Tigers.

Chris is a nice guy, but I have no idea what he thinks he's getting into ... must really want his winters off.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Shark » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Rep. Candice Miller will not seek reelection in 2016
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion