Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya......

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Don't Let the Door Hit Ya where the Good Lawd Split Ya..

Postby Doctor Detroit » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:41 am

Shark wrote:
Rep. Candice Miller will not seek reelection in 2016

Ugh, seriously. One less fossil passing legislation regarding technology they can't even begin to understand. It's frightening that we have a group of 70 year olds trying to figure out how to move forward on things their grandchildren have to explain to them.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President

Postby Roquefort Robert » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:
Shark wrote:

Ugh, seriously. One less fossil passing legislation regarding technology they can't even begin to understand. It's frightening that we have a group of 70 year olds trying to figure out how to move forward on things their grandchildren have to explain to them.

And if they ever held a contest for ugliest woman ever, she would win. Although I'm not 100% convinced she's a woman.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:
Shark wrote:

And if they ever held a contest for ugliest woman ever, she would win. Although I'm not 100% convinced she's a woman.

You're wrong there. Hillary and her "journalist" daughter would tie for first
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Tea Bag » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Ndamukong Suh to leave Lions, sign with Dolphins

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l ... /24608469/
Tea Bag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby middle aged female » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:37 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:
Shark wrote:

You're wrong there. Hillary and her "journalist" daughter would tie for first

Have you guys seen Amy Carter lately?
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby guest » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:40 pm

middle aged female wrote:Have you guys seen Amy Carter lately?

Carter went through a phase where she was cute. Apparently that has passed.

Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby higgs1634 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:
Shark wrote:

As opposed to having a 30 yr old dot com billionaire make policy on social security or medicaid or veteran's affairs? Our government at all levels is pretty stupid when you think about the massive control these people have over things they don't understand and that affect 10s of millions of people they don't relate to.
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm quitting Honest ? John's after 19 years. Change in management and change in clientele result in a change in culture. I was not having as much fun as normal, so I decided to get out before I hated it. It was a good run. I will never understand the new cocktail culture. Those people are lame and are poseurs the whole way 'round.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

The Beav wrote:I'm quitting Honest ? John's after 19 years. Change in management and change in clientele result in a change in culture. I was not having as much fun as normal, so I decided to get out before I hated it. It was a good run. I will never understand the new cocktail culture. Those people are lame and are poseurs the whole way 'round.

Well, congratulations on the 19 years. In my world that's an unbelievably long tenure.

Re: cocktail culture. Somewhere along the line my wife fell in with a crowd of other MILFs who are all about the cocktails and it's pretty embarrassing for me when she grills the barkeep over their stock and methods. We're paying so I suppose that we're entitled to get what we want, but while I'm content with a glass of whiskey (neat) or some near-random draw off of a tap the boss wants her whiskey sour from scratch, not a bottle. I'm usually wilting when this goes on because it's a godddamn drink after all, not art, but the hipster bar guys don't seem to mind. I tip well and maybe that's the tipping point, but never have one of the guys ever rolled their eyes or been anything other than indulgent when the ask comes for something with more ingredients than Hungarian goulash.

Postby MICHIGAN » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:35 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
The Beav wrote:I'm quitting Honest ? John's after 19 years. Change in management and change in clientele result in a change in culture. I was not having as much fun as normal, so I decided to get out before I hated it. It was a good run. I will never understand the new cocktail culture. Those people are lame and are poseurs the whole way 'round.

Well, congratulations on the 19 years. In my world that's an unbelievably long tenure.

Re: cocktail culture. Somewhere along the line my wife fell in with a crowd of other MILFs who are all about the cocktails and it's pretty embarrassing for me when she grills the barkeep over their stock and methods. We're paying so I suppose that we're entitled to get what we want, but while I'm content with a glass of whiskey (neat) or some near-random draw off of a tap the boss wants her whiskey sour from scratch, not a bottle. I'm usually wilting when this goes on because it's a godddamn drink after all, not art, but the hipster bar guys don't seem to mind. I tip well and maybe that's the tipping point, but never have one of the guys ever rolled their eyes or been anything other than indulgent when the ask comes for something with more ingredients than Hungarian goulash.

Well that is tough, Beav, but in the long run it will be the right move. The Mixologist culture has no respect for the Dewey Decimal System.

Frank, my wife has self-diagnosed a wheat allergy, let's not get into how that diagnosis was reached, but since then she is a cocktail-er to avoid the wheat in beer. "Is that made with a sour mix (or some derivative there of) or made fresh ," has become boiler plate when at a bar or restaurant. I feel worse when it is a table waitperson who has to field these, and not the "mixologist".
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:33 am

From my side of the bar the job of the keep seems to have become quite a bit more complicated over the past ten or 15 years. It was back then by state law that there were maybe only four or five options available (draft beer, bottled beer, whiskey shot, screwdriver, 7 & 7). There was a time when highballs and complicated bullshit were drinks put together by tosspot old ladies who drank at home and in front of the TV, but somewhere along the way the younger crowd embraced aunt Matilda's drinking habit except for the mix-it-yourself part.

I realized anew what Beav was living recently while I was drinking my beer and watching my wife wait for chemistry experiment (dude had to run to the back for more raspberry syrup) and I noticed that at the tables of hipsters and college kids all were cradling copper mugs. "Those are Moscow Mules" I was told, and not one bottle or beer glass was in sight other than my own.

Postby The Beav » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 am

I can't wait until they diagnose a whole generation of idiots with Alzheimer's or some other neurological problem caused by cheap copper mugs.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby middle aged female » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:28 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:From my side of the bar the job of the keep seems to have become quite a bit more complicated over the past ten or 15 years. It was back then by state law that there were maybe only four or five options available (draft beer, bottled beer, whiskey shot, screwdriver, 7 & 7). There was a time when highballs and complicated bullshit were drinks put together by tosspot old ladies who drank at home and in front of the TV, but somewhere along the way the younger crowd embraced aunt Matilda's drinking habit except for the mix-it-yourself part.

I realized anew what Beav was living recently while I was drinking my beer and watching my wife wait for chemistry experiment (dude had to run to the back for more raspberry syrup) and I noticed that at the tables of hipsters and college kids all were cradling copper mugs. "Those are Moscow Mules" I was told, and not one bottle or beer glass was in sight other than my own.

Where did you drink in the 80's? I bartended back then and was constantly making shit like "Sex on a Beach" "Slow-Screw" "Long Slow Screw Against the Wall" "Lemondrops" and countless Long-Island Iced Teas. And some damn drink that had flaming Midori.

I longed for the beer and a shot guys, unless the shot was Jack, then I waited for the fights to begin.

Oh, and don't forget the Logroller; a shot of DonQ laced with Tabasco.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:57 am

Postby D-Day » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:58 am

Can you steal the Jesus action figure next to the register on the bar for me? I always wanted a Jesus action figure......
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion