How to spend your city tax refund

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: How to spend your city tax refund

Postby ldodger » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:44 am

D-Day wrote:
ldodger wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Just had a few pulls off of a bottle of blended Dewars scotch that I'm told retails for 200. I might be freaking myself out with the price thing, but holy cats it's the smoothest drink that I've ever had.

Nobody here paid retail, btw. It's a left-over sample from client biz. But if you have to pay retail then this is worth the price.

betterhalf drinks Macallan something or other. I don't know the difference between scotch, whiskey, or whatever, I just know that stuff should be gold for the price he pays. He has two bottles of the stuff, one is 12 years and the other is 18 years. I spotted it for a pretty good price at the duty-free a few years ago. I've been looking for something like it, but different to surprise him with one day.

A couple of years ago, I bought him one of those pear-in-the-jar brandies. At least, I think it was brandy. He hasn't opened it to drink. I'm guessing it'll just sit there and never be opened.

Maybe that Dewars stuff is something he'd like.

Look at this site for BH's MacAllen and let me know if this is cheaper. I can bring you a bottle or two when I come up if you want me too:

http://thepartysource.com/macallan-en

Those prices! You sure they're not this size?

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Re: How to spend your city tax refund

Postby D-Day » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

ldodger wrote:
D-Day wrote:
ldodger wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Just had a few pulls off of a bottle of blended Dewars scotch that I'm told retails for 200. I might be freaking myself out with the price thing, but holy cats it's the smoothest drink that I've ever had.

Nobody here paid retail, btw. It's a left-over sample from client biz. But if you have to pay retail then this is worth the price.

betterhalf drinks Macallan something or other. I don't know the difference between scotch, whiskey, or whatever, I just know that stuff should be gold for the price he pays. He has two bottles of the stuff, one is 12 years and the other is 18 years. I spotted it for a pretty good price at the duty-free a few years ago. I've been looking for something like it, but different to surprise him with one day.

A couple of years ago, I bought him one of those pear-in-the-jar brandies. At least, I think it was brandy. He hasn't opened it to drink. I'm guessing it'll just sit there and never be opened.

Maybe that Dewars stuff is something he'd like.

Look at this site for BH's MacAllen and let me know if this is cheaper. I can bring you a bottle or two when I come up if you want me too:

http://thepartysource.com/macallan-en

Those prices! You sure they're not this size?

To wit: One of the advantages of slogging it out here on the Southern OP keeping Kentucky away from you all. Shoot me a PM when BH needs some and I'll bring it up :D
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Previous

Return to General Discussion