Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby higgs1634 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:
RoryKasel wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/monica-conyers-files-for-divorce-from-us-rep-john-conyers/35623860


According to the divorce records, Monica Conyers filed for divorce last month, claiming a "breakdown of the marriage." It does not mention the three years she spent in prison for taking bribes during her time as a member of the Detroit City Council.


Uh, why would it?


well, as evidence of the marital breakdown? "he never visited, called or wrote in those three years while I was locked away, scared and alone in a harsh prison environment...blah blah". Also, if there is some issue where his lawyers try to say her absence was akin to her having abandoned the home or kid... "i was in jail, not voluntarily shirking my duties as beard to a closeted old congressman".
User avatar
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 am

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby D-Day » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am

Doctor Detroit wrote:
RoryKasel wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/monica-conyers-files-for-divorce-from-us-rep-john-conyers/35623860


According to the divorce records, Monica Conyers filed for divorce last month, claiming a "breakdown of the marriage." It does not mention the three years she spent in prison for taking bribes during her time as a member of the Detroit City Council.


Uh, why would it?


The couple has been married for 25 years. John Conyers, 86, is not contesting the divorce.

The couple has two sons, who are adults.


Ummm...have?

Cross post to Speling Pet Peeves.........
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby middle aged female » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:11 pm

D-Day wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:
RoryKasel wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/monica-conyers-files-for-divorce-from-us-rep-john-conyers/35623860


According to the divorce records, Monica Conyers filed for divorce last month, claiming a "breakdown of the marriage." It does not mention the three years she spent in prison for taking bribes during her time as a member of the Detroit City Council.


Uh, why would it?


The couple has been married for 25 years. John Conyers, 86, is not contesting the divorce.

The couple has two sons, who are adults.


Ummm...have?

Cross post to Speling Pet Peeves.........

It's has; "a couple" is a single entity, so has is correct. If it were something like "a couple of people in have/has tickets to the show", it would be have because they because then couple becomes a plural noun
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby middle aged female » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:12 pm

middle aged female wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:
RoryKasel wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/monica-conyers-files-for-divorce-from-us-rep-john-conyers/35623860


According to the divorce records, Monica Conyers filed for divorce last month, claiming a "breakdown of the marriage." It does not mention the three years she spent in prison for taking bribes during her time as a member of the Detroit City Council.


Uh, why would it?


The couple has been married for 25 years. John Conyers, 86, is not contesting the divorce.

The couple has two sons, who are adults.


Ummm...have?

Cross post to Speling Pet Peeves.........

It's has; "a couple" is a single entity, so has is correct. If it were something like "a couple of people in that line have/has tickets to the show", it would be have because they because then couple becomes a plural noun
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby guest » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:16 pm

...Conyers has passed the bar and wants to become a lawyer.


Is that being a felon thing not a problem here?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /82937848/
User avatar
guest
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am
Location: the old windmill

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby Mulligan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:36 pm

guest wrote:
...Conyers has passed the bar and wants to become a lawyer.


Is that being a felon thing not a problem here?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /82937848/


Is this part something I knew and completely forgot, or is it something I never knew til now?

Conyers, the estranged wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:09 pm

Mulligan wrote:
guest wrote:
...Conyers has passed the bar and wants to become a lawyer.


Is that being a felon thing not a problem here?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /82937848/


Is this part something I knew and completely forgot, or is it something I never knew til now?

Conyers, the estranged wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers


I think the second part. I can't remember her being referred to as 'estranged' after she went to the pokey.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby The Fickle Finger » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:20 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
guest wrote:
...Conyers has passed the bar and wants to become a lawyer.


Is that being a felon thing not a problem here?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /82937848/


Is this part something I knew and completely forgot, or is it something I never knew til now?

Conyers, the estranged wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers


I think the second part. I can't remember her being referred to as 'estranged' after she went to the pokey.


I think that may have happened after she did the hokey pokey to the "country club" she was sent to.

FWIW, the term estranged is kind of fitting in Monica's case, if you remove 3 letters from the word.
User avatar
The Fickle Finger
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby middle aged female » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 am

The Fickle Finger wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
guest wrote:
...Conyers has passed the bar and wants to become a lawyer.


Is that being a felon thing not a problem here?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /82937848/


Is this part something I knew and completely forgot, or is it something I never knew til now?

Conyers, the estranged wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers


I think the second part. I can't remember her being referred to as 'estranged' after she went to the pokey.


I think that may have happened after she did the hokey pokey to the "country club" she was sent to.

FWIW, the term estranged is kind of fitting in Monica's case, if you remove 3 letters from the word.

2
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby Shark » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 pm

middle aged female wrote:
The Fickle Finger wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
guest wrote:
...Conyers has passed the bar and wants to become a lawyer.


Is that being a felon thing not a problem here?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /82937848/


Is this part something I knew and completely forgot, or is it something I never knew til now?

Conyers, the estranged wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers


I think the second part. I can't remember her being referred to as 'estranged' after she went to the pokey.


I think that may have happened after she did the hokey pokey to the "country club" she was sent to.

FWIW, the term estranged is kind of fitting in Monica's case, if you remove 3 letters from the word.

2



She filed for divorce last October. Like Al Green, Mr. Conyers said let's stay together, so who knows if it ever became official...
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Shark wrote:She filed for divorce last October. Like Al Green, Mr. Conyers said let's stay together, so who knows if it ever became official...


Not that it matters anymore, but why?
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby meme » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:33 am

He is 86 yrs old. Why not wait a couple years and then cash in... I wonder if his congressional pension continues on to the wife? She would be stupid to divorce him now.
meme
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:46 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby Shark » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:22 pm

U.S. Rep. John Conyers and his wife, former Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers, renewed their marriage vows Saturday in an ironic twist almost exactly a year after she filed for divorce last September, claiming the marriage had fallen apart beyond repair.

According to a Deadline Detroit report citing Facebook posts, the couple held an outdoor ceremony with family and friends. Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans congratulated her friends on Facebook, saying they "have been through it all."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /89530396/



Love wins. I guess.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby middle aged female » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Shark wrote:
U.S. Rep. John Conyers and his wife, former Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers, renewed their marriage vows Saturday in an ironic twist almost exactly a year after she filed for divorce last September, claiming the marriage had fallen apart beyond repair.

According to a Deadline Detroit report citing Facebook posts, the couple held an outdoor ceremony with family and friends. Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans congratulated her friends on Facebook, saying they "have been through it all."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... /89530396/



Love wins. I guess.

Money wins. And beard; beard wins too
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Hot Fudge Monica Conyers Time

Postby guest » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:58 pm

fired from her radio job, sounds like the boss didn't like her (but no explanation why she got hire in the first place)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/detr ... ca-conyers
User avatar
guest
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am
Location: the old windmill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron