Detroit Rises!

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Detroit Rises!

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 am

Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian

Postby guest » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:33 am

Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby MICHIGAN » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:46 am

guest wrote:http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2014/10/02/jury-rigged-fire-hydrant-keeps-downtown-caf-percolating/16564903/

From that article,
It's just one more example of a city immersed in bankruptcy making do with imaginative fixes, like using tires to plug utility manholes whose covers have been stolen. Or firefighters using pop cans hooked up to fax machines as emergency alerts.

That shit will get you banned over at DetroitYes.
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby meme » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:21 pm

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/man-shot-and-killed-on-detroits-west-side

Was going to testify against some armed robbers. Cross post to gun crime in Detroit.
meme
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mad Max » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:20 pm

New Owners to Rehab Corktown's Imagination Station House

Major changes are headed for a quirky Corktown landmark. After 4 years with the nonprofit Imagination Station project, the house known as "Righty" will transform from lovable ruin into a livable home. According to a post on the Imagination Station Facebook page, ownership has been transferred to a couple committed to total renovation. Installation of a new roof is planned before the end of the year.

Built in 1880, Righty is the last surviving home bordering Roosevelt Park and Michigan Central Station, which it pre-dates by over 30 years. The house nearly burned down in the 2012 fire that claimed Lefty, the other Imagination Station house next door.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2014/10/new-owners-to-rehab-corktowns-imagination-station-house.php

It took four years for the those hipsters to realize that they were in over their heads. Two of those with a gaping hole in the roof that I imagine would make the wood floors impossible to salvage.
Mad Max
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mad Max » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Detroit to auction off surplus vehicles, equipment

The city of Detroit is hoping to sell off garbage trucks, buses, other surplus vehicles and machine shop equipment to help pay down its debt.

More than 450 vehicles no longer needed by the city will be featured in a Nov. 5 webcast/onsite public auction and a Nov. 13 online-only auction.

They include 115 automated side load garbage trucks, 79 transit buses and historic trolley cars, 41 truck-mounted snow plows and 130 public lighting service vehicles.

Detroit is trying to shed billions in debt during the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.

Federal Judge Steven Rhodes has said he'll hear closing arguments Monday in the city's bankruptcy trial and make a decision by Nov. 7.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/detroit-bankruptcy/2014/10/23/detroit-surplus-vehicle-auction/17805047/
Mad Max
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby ldodger » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:35 am

Mad Max wrote:

The city of Detroit is hoping to sell off garbage trucks, buses, other surplus vehicles and machine shop equipment to help pay down its debt.

More than 450 vehicles no longer needed by the city will be featured in a Nov. 5 webcast/onsite public auction and a Nov. 13 online-only auction.

They include 115 automated side load garbage trucks, 79 transit buses and historic trolley cars, 41 truck-mounted snow plows and 130 public lighting service vehicles.

Detroit is trying to shed billions in debt during the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.

Federal Judge Steven Rhodes has said he'll hear closing arguments Monday in the city's bankruptcy trial and make a decision by Nov. 7.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/detroit-bankruptcy/2014/10/23/detroit-surplus-vehicle-auction/17805047/

I'd love to purchase the green trolley. The interior is a work of art.

betterhalf would kick my ass to the curb if I were to purchase it.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:30 pm

ldodger wrote:
Mad Max wrote:

I'd love to purchase the green trolley. The interior is a work of art.

betterhalf would kick my ass to the curb if I were to purchase it.

You could tow it with "Otto"...
Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Cross-post to Saginaw, Flint and Pontiac Rises!

Newly-released statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation showed Michigan’s violent and property crime rates are decreasing, but Detroit remains one of the most dangerous large cities in the country.

According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report released Monday, from 2012 to 2013, the violent crime rate in Michigan decreased about 1 percent, and the property crime rate decreased about 8 percent.

Across the entire state, there were 44,523 violent crimes reported in Michigan. In addition to the 631 murders, there were 11,199 total rapes between the FBI’s revised definition of rape and legacy definition of rape, 10,105 robberies and 27,194 aggravated assaults. The state’s violent crime rate was 449.9 violent crimes per 100,000.

The FBI now defines rape as penetration of any kind in “the vagina or anus with any body part of object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.” The revised definition changed an 80-year-old definition to include male and female victims and offenders, and reflect other “forms of sexual penetration understood to be rape, especially nonconsenting acts of sodomy and sexual assaults with objects.”

There were 230,334 property crimes reported in 2013 in Michigan. Among them were 56,344 burglaries, 149,423 larcenies and 24,567 motor vehicle thefts. The property crime rate in Michigan was 2,327.6 property crimes per 100,000 people in Michigan.

Among the country’s largest cities, Detroit remains among the top cities in the country for violent crime.

Detroit’s murder rate was about 45 murders per 100,000 people — 316 total murders. That makes up about half of Michigan’s 631 total murders reported in 2013.

The stats represent a decrease in Detroit’s murder rate from 2012 to 2013, with the murder rate dropping 18 percent and violent crime down 3 percent. Across the country, violent crime is down 4.4 percent and property crime is down 4.1 percent.

Detroit’s murder rate is the highest among cities with populations of more than 100,000 people, outstripping cities like New Orleans (41 murders per 100,000 people), Newark, N.J. (40 murders per 100,000), St. Louis (37 murders per 100,000) and Baltimore (37 murders per 100,000).

Detroit reported 2,072 violent crimes per 100,000 people, which also was the highest per capita rate in the nation.

The city of Saginaw appears to be one of the most dangerous places in the state in 2013. There were 29 reported murders, among a population of 50,580. That makes for a murder rate of 57 murders per 100,000 people. The violent crime rate was 1,947 violent crimes per 100,000 people in Saginaw.

Flint, typically among the list of most dangerous large cities, saw its population decrease below 100,000 this year and thus would not be included in those rankings. Still, the murder rate in Flint — about 48 murders per 100,000 people — was higher than Detroit’s murder rate.

The city of Pontiac has also been singled out by state officials as one of the most dangerous areas in the state. Crime statistics for the city were not available from the FBI, because Pontiac contracts with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office for its police services.
http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/11/fbi_data_michigans_crime_rates.html
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby The Conscience » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 am

Couple robbed, stripped of clothes by group of men in Detroit-

Detroit police are looking for a group of men who robbed and sexually assaulted a couple late Thursday night on the city's west side.

Police said the 22-year-old man and 23-year-old woman were walking near W. McNichols near Wyoming around 11 p.m. when they were confronted by six men. The victims were forced behind a nearby building where the men robbed them and stripped them of their clothes, police said.

All six men sexually assaulted the woman, police said.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/poli ... d/34214006

This is what criminologists would call "a complete breakdown of the social norm."
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Navy Blue Scrubs » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:45 am

Taggers have found the inside of the hospital to be an attractive canvas. Noticed some glyphs on a trash can on the surgical floor the other day, apparently in thanks for saving some artist's shot up friend, and today saw some work in an elevator. Nice.
Navy Blue Scrubs
Hot Fudge Arrogant Little Fuck

Postby The Conscience » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:45 am

Navy Blue Scrubs wrote:Taggers have found the inside of the hospital to be an attractive canvas. Noticed some glyphs on a trash can on the surgical floor the other day, apparently in thanks for saving some artist's shot up friend, and today saw some work in an elevator. Nice.

They do seem to enjoy the canvas of stainless steel, I've noticed. And where, other than a jail, can you find more stainless steel?

How can you tell the gibberish was a 'thank you' for saving a friend? When a dog pisses on a tree, it's not an expression of gratitude for whoever planted it.
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Navy Blue Scrubs » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:36 am

The Conscience wrote:
How can you tell the gibberish was a 'thank you' for saving a friend?

It was sarcasm.

It's a rare event that I encounter a shooting victim who doesn't impress me as being someone who needed shooting. And then all their asshole acquaintances show up. Like the other night, the group that clogged up the lobby, ignored directions to go sit down, or if they did heed directions they wore off after minutes, oh, they're with the shot up guys? Never woulda guessed.
Navy Blue Scrubs
Hot Fudge Arrogant Little Fuck

Postby guest » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:26 pm

Live: Donald Trump vows to 'help rebuild Detroit'

great, he's opening a rib joint in Midtown
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion