Hot Fudge Car Talk

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Car Talk

Postby Craig » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 pm

^ I've noticed that on the hoods of Fords. I'd assumed that it was something about rhe way that water flows over them, but as Ithink about it they may be aluminum hoods. Going to go outside with a magnet to check when the neighbor gets home.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby MICHIGAN » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Columbus Day weekend roadtrip to Leelanau in a rented Chevy 3500HD with a Vortec. I liked that damned truck, thing was super strong and easy to drive at highway speed . Super towing ability.
12-14 MPG on the highway.
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby Mulligan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Impala is awesome. Had Impalas previously but not in a while. Those weren't this.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby MICHIGAN » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:07 am

I like the look of the new Lincoln. Next year I want to be at the auto show. Anyone in?
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby D-Day » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:02 am

MICHIGAN wrote:I like the look of the new Lincoln. Next year I want to be at the auto show. Anyone in?

Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby middle aged female » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:27 am

D-Day wrote:
MICHIGAN wrote:I like the look of the new Lincoln. Next year I want to be at the auto show. Anyone in?

You didn't say "Oooo, Ooooo"
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby higgs1634 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:04 am

I wish they'd have done suicide doors. Those fixed handles would look way better back to back at the b-pillar.... and really a Conti with suicide doors would be cool. Is it REALLY that much of a safety issue?
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby D-Day » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 pm

middle aged female wrote:
D-Day wrote:

You didn't say "Oooo, Ooooo"

I did. You all just didn't hear me because I'm in Cinci
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Craig » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Really, really cold out there today and of course the exhaust falls off of my kid's car. Welder doesnt want to cooperate so we made our own hanger straps out of a save-my-life kit from AutoZone. God I feel like a hillbilly. Warm, but hillbilly.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 am

Craig wrote:Really, really cold out there today and of course the exhaust falls off of my kid's car. Welder doesnt want to cooperate so we made our own hanger straps out of a save-my-life kit from AutoZone. God I feel like a hillbilly. Warm, but hillbilly.

Were any beer cans/hose clamps involved with this procedure?
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby meme » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:45 pm

don't know if anyone is interested but you may be able to buy a delorean next year

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/01/27/2151238/deloreans-to-go-back-to-production
meme
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:37 am

Saw a headline this morning about the Takata airbags. I've been seeing stories for a year or two. Got a recall letter from Ford's yesterday. Says it can kill me. Nice. How can a dangerously defective product corner the market like that?
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby ldodger » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:06 am

guest wrote:Saw a headline this morning about the Takata airbags. I've been seeing stories for a year or two. Got a recall letter from Ford's yesterday. Says it can kill me. Nice. How can a dangerously defective product corner the market like that?

My car is part of that recall. Contacted the dealership for an appointment. They told me it would be a month before they could schedule me. Yay.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Postby middle aged female » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:22 pm

ldodger wrote:
guest wrote:Saw a headline this morning about the Takata airbags. I've been seeing stories for a year or two. Got a recall letter from Ford's yesterday. Says it can kill me. Nice. How can a dangerously defective product corner the market like that?

My car is part of that recall. Contacted the dealership for an appointment. They told me it would be a month before they could schedule me. Yay.

Mine SHOULD be in that recall but I haven't heard a word yet
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby ldodger » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:01 am

The Subaru is in for the airbag recall. They've loaned me a new Forester. I now believe there is a such thing as too much technology. With the lane monitoring and non-rear end the car ahead of you bells and whistles, I'm ready to get rid of this thing. I'm a pretty good driver, but those sensors are driving me crazy. I'm hoping my car is finished today. If not, I may look for a way to turn off the warnings. What bothers me most is how sensitive the indicators are. In addition, there's some sort of "vision" thing connected with this cara. If you're driving into the sun, the console flashes an error message stating the feature is not functioning.

Test your driverless technology on some other driver.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion