Hot Fudge Car Talk

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Car Talk

Postby MICHIGAN » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:11 am

A letter arrived 4 months ago advising me that my Saab was on the recall. Second Letter arrived two months ago saying that first letter was a mistake. Okay, which is the truth?
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:18 am

MICHIGAN wrote:A letter arrived 4 months ago advising me that my Saab was on the recall. Second Letter arrived two months ago saying that first letter was a mistake. Okay, which is the truth?

Probably the second notice. In my experience it's the bench-warmers who get shuffled off to the "recall" groups and so errors are not surprising.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Brunette 1.0 is now driving a 2017 Escape. The only thing different from the '16 is the front grille, but I think it looks better.

Not to rub it in, but it's ridiculous how much cheaper full coverage is down here in the southwestern suburbs.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby MICHIGAN » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Opinions on two very different cars, would you buy a VW Passat, OR Alfa Romeo Guilia ( not the Quadrofoligio )?

This is for Ms. Michigan, since she has to turn over her current Passat TDI, which she has just loved to death.
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN

Postby Toolbox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

MICHIGAN wrote:Opinions on two very different cars, would you buy a VW Passat, OR Alfa Romeo Guilia ( not the Quadrofoligio )?

This is for Ms. Michigan, since she has to turn over her current Passat TDI, which she has just loved to death.

Call Kevin and get her another Passat... The Alfa platform is too new in the states, give it a few MY cycles to mature.
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Mrs. Morty needed to borrow #1 son's 2005 Chrysler Town and Country minivan last night to transport some set pieces for an upcoming theatrical production (Spamalot) she is producing. One piece was this huge, adult sized baby carriage and the other is this big rock looking thing made of expanding foam (Great Stuff). Her helper assisted in the loading at point A while I was getting everything ready for her surprise 40th B-day party. The baby carriage thing weighs a ton, and is supported by a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" angle iron frame on casters. So what did they do? put the foam rock thing in first, then the pram, on its wheels. I got a text message as she headed home to the effect that she turned a corner and blew the back window out the van. 18,000 pieces of glass everywhere. If they had put the pram in first and the imitation rock in second, no problem. If they had put the pram on its side, no problem. The way it was loaded--problem.

The party was good, decent turn out for a Sunday night.
Hot Fudge Detroit plywood king
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Morty wrote:Mrs. Morty needed to borrow #1 son's 2005 Chrysler Town and Country minivan last night to transport some set pieces for an upcoming theatrical production (Spamalot) she is producing. One piece was this huge, adult sized baby carriage and the other is this big rock looking thing made of expanding foam (Great Stuff). Her helper assisted in the loading at point A while I was getting everything ready for her surprise 40th B-day party. The baby carriage thing weighs a ton, and is supported by a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" angle iron frame on casters. So what did they do? put the foam rock thing in first, then the pram, on its wheels. I got a text message as she headed home to the effect that she turned a corner and blew the back window out the van. 18,000 pieces of glass everywhere. If they had put the pram in first and the imitation rock in second, no problem. If they had put the pram on its side, no problem. The way it was loaded--problem.

There are big differences between male thinking and female thinking, and packing cars is representative of the chasm. I think that for most women -and I love them all- a well-packed trunk is one where the goddamn lid stays latched regardless of the chaos and mayhem that may lie beneath. I've accompanied my wife on some of her big shopping excursions (e.g. black friday) and can say that I've seen better packed trash cans on Belle Isle in comparison to her best efforts: everything short of jumping up and down on the mass of bags and boxes is fair game. Guys, on the other hand, or guys that are really guys at heart can organize and pack a car with enough shit to fill a truck and still leave room for passengers and a cooler. Don't get me started about who eats in the car and how they do it.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby Morty » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Craig wrote:
Morty wrote:Mrs. Morty needed to borrow #1 son's 2005 Chrysler Town and Country minivan last night to transport some set pieces for an upcoming theatrical production (Spamalot) she is producing. One piece was this huge, adult sized baby carriage and the other is this big rock looking thing made of expanding foam (Great Stuff). Her helper assisted in the loading at point A while I was getting everything ready for her surprise 40th B-day party. The baby carriage thing weighs a ton, and is supported by a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" angle iron frame on casters. So what did they do? put the foam rock thing in first, then the pram, on its wheels. I got a text message as she headed home to the effect that she turned a corner and blew the back window out the van. 18,000 pieces of glass everywhere. If they had put the pram in first and the imitation rock in second, no problem. If they had put the pram on its side, no problem. The way it was loaded--problem.

There are big differences between male thinking and female thinking, and packing cars is representative of the chasm. I think that for most women -and I love them all- a well-packed trunk is one where the goddamn lid stays latched regardless of the chaos and mayhem that may lie beneath. I've accompanied my wife on some of her big shopping excursions (e.g. black friday) and can say that I've seen better packed trash cans on Belle Isle in comparison to her best efforts: everything short of jumping up and down on the mass of bags and boxes is fair game. Guys, on the other hand, or guys that are really guys at heart can organize and pack a car with enough shit to fill a truck and still leave room for passengers and a cooler. Don't get me started about who eats in the car and how they do it.

I compare this to loading the dishwasher. Certain members of the fam can put seven articles in the dishwasher and "it's full". I can re-arrange the thing and get the rest of what needs washed in there.
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Morty » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Craig wrote:

I compare this to loading the dishwasher. Certain members of the fam can put seven articles in the dishwasher and "it's full". I can re-arrange the thing and get the rest of what needs washed in there.
Morty
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby MICHIGAN » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 am

Toolbox wrote:
MICHIGAN wrote:Opinions on two very different cars, would you buy a VW Passat, OR Alfa Romeo Guilia ( not the Quadrofoligio )?

Call Kevin and get her another Passat... The Alfa platform is too new in the states, give it a few MY cycles to mature.

I thought you would say that, since I was already leaning that way. Thanks
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN

Postby Toolbox » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:39 am

MICHIGAN wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

I thought you would say that, since I was already leaning that way. Thanks

The Alfa is a beautiful vehicle but I think it will take a few cycles to bring the techs up to speed on the ins and out of needlessly complicated Italian technology.
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Previous

Return to General Discussion