Postby middle aged female » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:00 am

Merry Christmas to all, and a brighter New Year
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:05 pm

middle aged female wrote:Merry Christmas to all, and a brighter New Year

Merry Christmas, MAF, and to the rest.

Looking around at my brood and beholding how far they've come I'm overcome with emotion and happiness. No matter how lousy the world or the year ending there's reason for joy. Best day of the year. Hope it's like this for all of you.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 am

2 shootings injure 3 during Detroit fireworks

yep. 26 years since the big one and part of me still wonders why decent people throw caution to the wind and willingly go into the powder keg. I don't believe myself to be a coward but Christ: why take the risk?
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby guest » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Craig wrote:

yep. 26 years since the big one and part of me still wonders why decent people throw caution to the wind and willingly go into the powder keg. I don't believe myself to be a coward but Christ: why take the risk?

Chief Craig said the event was a success despite the shootings (because failure is not an option?).
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Vow of Silence » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm

guest wrote:
Craig wrote:

Chief Craig said the event was a success despite the shootings (because failure is not an option?).

http://bytesdaily.blogspot.com/2010/05/quote-lyndon-baines-johnson.html?m=1

“I don’t want loyalty. I want loyalty! I want him to kiss my ass in Macy’s window at high noon and tell me it smells like roses. I want his pecker in my pocket.”

"..... .. .......... .... ..........."
Vow of Silence
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Craig » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am

Half of Detroit’s 8 mayoral candidates are felons

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/08/02/half-detroit-mayoral-candidates-felony-convictions/104244406/

Of course they are. The city may be ten years into its recovery and hipsters are everywhere, but the lumpen prols persist. There crimes are too numerous to list, so let it suffice to say that the current slate is a real rogues' gallery filled with convictions for receiving stolen property, assault, fleeing and eluding, CCW, etc.

This guy is pretty funny:

Candidate Curtis Christopher Greene was charged with a felony at age 19. Greene, an author, said he’s since turned his life around by earning marketing degrees from the University of Phoenix and writing three books.

But Greene, now 32, said his past continues to hold him back. He struggles to find employment and wants to implement programs that will help ex-offenders, like himself, facing similar challenges.

“I came from a crime-ridden area,” Greene said. “My life, I believe it was very complex growing up.”

Almost everywhere else in the world a degree from an online diploma mill and a handful of unreadable self-published tripe are not components of a winner's resume, but here they make Msr. Greene the least worst of the bunch or, possibly, the tallest midget in the circus.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Craig wrote:
Half of Detroit’s 8 mayoral candidates are felons

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/08/02/half-detroit-mayoral-candidates-felony-convictions/104244406/

Of course they are. The city may be ten years into its recovery and hipsters are everywhere, but the lumpen prols persist. There crimes are too numerous to list, so let it suffice to say that the current slate is a real rogues' gallery filled with convictions for receiving stolen property, assault, fleeing and eluding, CCW, etc.

This guy is pretty funny:

Candidate Curtis Christopher Greene was charged with a felony at age 19. Greene, an author, said he’s since turned his life around by earning marketing degrees from the University of Phoenix and writing three books.

But Greene, now 32, said his past continues to hold him back. He struggles to find employment and wants to implement programs that will help ex-offenders, like himself, facing similar challenges.

“I came from a crime-ridden area,” Greene said. “My life, I believe it was very complex growing up.”

Almost everywhere else in the world a degree from an online diploma mill and a handful of unreadable self-published tripe are not components of a winner's resume, but here they make Msr. Greene the least worst of the bunch or, possibly, the tallest midget in the circus.

Don't keep up on things that closely, but I seem to remember seeing that Coleman Young II's war chest is pretty much a bunch of loose change and moths in a coffee can. Sounds like Duggan can walk around with his bathrobe open and still get 70 percent.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Previous

Return to General Discussion