Things you expect to hear

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby Toolbox » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:28 am

It had to happen sooner or later....

‘Rehab Addict’ host Nicole Curtis robbed in Detroit
Detroit — The star of the cable television reality show “Rehab Addict” said in a Facebook post she wants to rehabilitate a criminal who robbed her when she was in town this week.

Nicole Curtis, whose show is focusing on the restoration of the historic Ransom Gillis mansion on John R in Brush Park, was robbed Sept. 7 in front of a downtown parking garage, police said. She was putting her 4-month-old child in the vehicle at the time, police said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /71959460/
User avatar
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Lovin' it in the burbs

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby higgs1634 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am

Toolbox wrote:It had to happen sooner or later....

‘Rehab Addict’ host Nicole Curtis robbed in Detroit
Detroit — The star of the cable television reality show “Rehab Addict” said in a Facebook post she wants to rehabilitate a criminal who robbed her when she was in town this week.

Nicole Curtis, whose show is focusing on the restoration of the historic Ransom Gillis mansion on John R in Brush Park, was robbed Sept. 7 in front of a downtown parking garage, police said. She was putting her 4-month-old child in the vehicle at the time, police said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /71959460/


I would have expected to hear the Gillis was ransacked and thieves made off with all the tools and equipment instead of her getting jacked outside a parking deck at the Jazz Fest.
User avatar
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 am

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby MICHIGAN » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:33 am

Damn you both, I was about to post this!
Santa Cleopatra
User avatar
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder
 
Posts: 4690
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Teatro Massimo

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby Shark » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Detroit — The crosswalk is only a few feet away, yet the woman and her two children jaywalk anyway, across a stretch of Davison Avenue that is the most dangerous two-mile stretch in southeastern Michigan, according to the Michigan Department of Transportation.

When approached and asked whether it’d be possible for her to use the crosswalk on her return trip, the woman listens, then jaywalks again.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /72403810/

Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:00 am

Fed corruption probe targets DPS, EAA officials
The FBI has launched a corruption investigation involving Gov. Rick Snyder’s K-12 reform district and Detroit Public Schools, the latest blemish for districts struggling with low test scores, falling enrollment and funding shortfalls.

FBI agents are investigating multiple officials from DPS and the Snyder-created Education Achievement Authority to determine if contracts were awarded to vendors who paid kickbacks, sources told The Detroit News.

According to a document obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, one target of the investigation is Kenyetta “K.C.” Wilbourn, ex-principal of the authority’s Mumford High School.


And it gets better:

Wilbourn, 40, of Harper Woods was seen as a rising star, a 4-foot-11-inch turnaround specialist at Denby High School with a “GUCCI1” personalized license plate and a 2007 Maserati. She abruptly resigned last fall after FBI agents searched her home.


Nothing inspires downtrodden youth like slavish and showy consumerism!

“I thought she was going to be the next person to run EAA. She was that sharp,” said former DPS and EAA contractor Andrew Rio, who consulted on athletic projects. He is not involved in the investigation.“It breaks my heart, but money makes people funny.”


Um, chasing money makes people funny. This shit happened in River Rouge a decade ago and ended with the superintendent and his right-hand man doing federal prison sentences.
You'd think today's grafters and payrollers would come up with more elegant (and harder to trace) methods of enriching themselves at the expense of poor black and hispanic kids doomed to a life of poverty and ignorance.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/10/14/dps-eaa-probe/73967136/
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby The Beav » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:01 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Fed corruption probe targets DPS, EAA officials
The FBI has launched a corruption investigation involving Gov. Rick Snyder’s K-12 reform district and Detroit Public Schools, the latest blemish for districts struggling with low test scores, falling enrollment and funding shortfalls.

FBI agents are investigating multiple officials from DPS and the Snyder-created Education Achievement Authority to determine if contracts were awarded to vendors who paid kickbacks, sources told The Detroit News.

According to a document obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, one target of the investigation is Kenyetta “K.C.” Wilbourn, ex-principal of the authority’s Mumford High School.


And it gets better:

Wilbourn, 40, of Harper Woods was seen as a rising star, a 4-foot-11-inch turnaround specialist at Denby High School with a “GUCCI1” personalized license plate and a 2007 Maserati. She abruptly resigned last fall after FBI agents searched her home.


Nothing inspires downtrodden youth like slavish and showy consumerism!

“I thought she was going to be the next person to run EAA. She was that sharp,” said former DPS and EAA contractor Andrew Rio, who consulted on athletic projects. He is not involved in the investigation.“It breaks my heart, but money makes people funny.”


Um, chasing money makes people funny. This shit happened in River Rouge a decade ago and ended with the superintendent and his right-hand man doing federal prison sentences.
You'd think today's grafters and payrollers would come up with more elegant (and harder to trace) methods of enriching themselves at the expense of poor black and hispanic kids doomed to a life of poverty and ignorance.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/10/14/dps-eaa-probe/73967136/


Damn greedy teachers and their unions!
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 pm

The Detroit man whose determination to walk more than 20 miles a day to get to and from work inspired an online campaign that raised more than $350,000 for him abruptly moved on Tuesday after telling police that he did not feel safe with his newfound fortune.

According to the Detroit Free Press — whose profile of 56-year-old James Robertson led to the outpouring of donations and gifts, including a new car — the factory worker was moved to a temporary home after consulting with local law enforcement officials.

"We had a meeting with him [and] he expressed interest that he did not feel safe," Detroit Police Capt. Aric Tosqui told the newspaper. "People were actually asking him for money."

More than $350,000 was pledged for Robertson through a crowdfunding campaign launched by Evan Leedy, a 19-year-old college student who read the story and wanted to help a stranger in need. According to the paper, Robertson has yet to see any of the money raised and is expected to meet with financial advisers this week to discuss how the donations will be managed.

"I wanted to get it over with," Robertson said of the move. "There were so many factors involved."

In December, an 86-year-old Detroit man went missing after reportedly winning $20,000 in a lottery game, police said. Last week, he was found stabbed to death, and police charged a 20-year-old with his murder.

"[Robertson] knew about that story," Tosqui said. "And I also know about an incident in the 1st Precinct where a gentleman was killed after he allegedly won some money. In those two examples, no one approached the department. But if somebody won the lottery tomorrow and contacted us, we would look at the situation in the same way and see what we could do," he said.

Robertson told the paper he plans to stay in the temporary residence until he finds a permanent home, possibly closer to his $10.55-an-hour factory job in Rochester Hills.

"Don't get me wrong," Robertson, who has lived in Detroit for more than 15 years. "It'll be hard to leave the city that I love."

Last week, Robertson — who said he was unable to afford to replace his car after it broke down more than a decade ago — was surprised with a new $35,000 Ford Taurus that was donated by a suburban car dealership.

"I don't like it," Robertson told Reuters, "I love it."
http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-man-james-robertson-walks-to-work-moved-police-safety-180757947.html


Give it a day, dude. You'll get over that.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby guest » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:14 pm

The dateline on that Yahoo story is Feb 11. This is why Yahoo is fast approaching penny stock status.
User avatar
guest
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am
Location: the old windmill

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:14 am

Charlie Sheen reveals he’s HIV positive


http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2015/11/17/charlie-sheen-today-show/75914378/

[sarc]Wow, what a surprise[/sarc]

Guess that screwing everyone he could get his hands on/could afford didn't work out too well. This guy needed a different hobby, like golf or video games.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby middle aged female » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:39 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
Charlie Sheen reveals he’s HIV positive


http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2015/11/17/charlie-sheen-today-show/75914378/

[sarc]Wow, what a surprise[/sarc]

Guess that screwing everyone he could get his hands on/could afford didn't work out too well. This guy needed a different hobby, like golf or video games.

Apparently, he was careful enough not to pass it to family members: ex-wives, girlfriends, kids. Just random hookers got it
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby D-Day » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:38 pm

middle aged female wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
Charlie Sheen reveals he’s HIV positive


http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2015/11/17/charlie-sheen-today-show/75914378/

[sarc]Wow, what a surprise[/sarc]

Guess that screwing everyone he could get his hands on/could afford didn't work out too well. This guy needed a different hobby, like golf or video games.

Apparently, he was careful enough not to pass it to family members: ex-wives, girlfriends, kids. Just random hookers got it


So thaaaat's what's in tiger blood.........
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby Doctor Detroit » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Fuck that guy! Well, actually, don't. Because, the HIV thing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
User avatar
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:Fuck that guy! Well, actually, don't. Because, the HIV thing.


the letter - http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/c ... nsmsnent11

cross to Speling & Grammer, Ramblings of Dumb People Who Think They're Smart, and Self Righteous Knobs
User avatar
guest
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition
 
Posts: 6639
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am
Location: the old windmill

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby middle aged female » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 am

guest wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:Fuck that guy! Well, actually, don't. Because, the HIV thing.


the letter - http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/c ... nsmsnent11

cross to Speling & Grammer, Ramblings of Dumb People Who Think They're Smart, and Self Righteous Knobs


I hang my head for Martin Sheen
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7414
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Things you expect to hear

Postby D-Day » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:05 am

middle aged female wrote:
guest wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:Fuck that guy! Well, actually, don't. Because, the HIV thing.


the letter - http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/c ... nsmsnent11

cross to Speling & Grammer, Ramblings of Dumb People Who Think They're Smart, and Self Righteous Knobs


I hang my head for Martin Sheen


Nah....he's still got Andrew Clar....er.......Emilio Estevez
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 4 guests