Hot Fudge oh fuck you

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge oh fuck you

Postby middle aged female » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Toolbox wrote:
guest wrote:
cross to What? No Heidleberg References!?!?!

Soon you will be able to drive down the street it WAS on... Are Tyree's 15 minutes up?

God, I hope so!
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby guest » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:55 pm

Toolbox wrote:Are Tyree's 15 minutes up?

I'm reading Andy Warhol's diary, it was on the new books table at the library, and he writes how he enjoys when people quote the fifteen minutes meme but get it wrong, like f'rinstance in the future fifteen people will be famous.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Jeremy Sasson, founder and owner of Townhouse restaurants in downtown Birmingham and Detroit, plans to open Prime + Proper, an upscale steakhouse set at street level that will offer 100 percent USDA prime beef and lamb, along with jidori chicken, seafood, appetizers, side dishes, desserts, and traditional and craft cocktails, next spring in Capitol Park in downtown Detroit.

In addition, there will be a private bar for up to 80 people in the lower level of the space called Cash Only. True to its name, the bar will be “fully enclosed, fully secluded, non advertised, and only made available via a door that the general public is unaware of,” says Sasson, founder and owner of Prime + Proper and Cash Only.

“We will only share access to Cash Only with our regular clients and their guests. It’s so that our supporters will have their own space as an extra amenity. There will be no cell phones, no cameras, and no credit cards in Cash Only. There will be handwritten checks using a quill pen, and we will have interactive cocktails that will cultivate the eyes, nose, and mouth.”

Working with knife smiths and metal smiths, Prime + Proper will offer loyal customers custom steak knives that will be waiting for them upon each visit to the main dining room at Capitol Park Lofts at the southwest corner of Griswold and State streets. The 180-seat restaurant at 1145 Griswold St. will also offer 100 outdoor seasonal seats.

“One of the bigger components of the restaurant is that we will dry age all of our meats in-house,” says Sasson, who will soon create Heirloom Hospitality Group in Birmingham to consolidate his restaurant holdings as well as offer catering and consulting services. “We will also prepare all of our charcuterie plates in-house.

“In addition to our dry aging facility, we will have a retail counter where you can order steaks and have them wrapped up to take home, and you can select steaks of your choice to have that evening. It will be a true butcher counter and butcher shop that will be like unlike anything in the region or state.”

Prime + Proper (pronounced Prime and Proper, a take off of prim and proper) will include the main dining room along with a private dining room for between 30 and 40 people, a 16-seat bar, a 10-seat raw bar, a lounge for up to 70 people, the butcher shop, and an open, finishing kitchen.

The lower level will include a second kitchen, the dry aging room, and Cash Only. The two-level space, that combined will span just under 11,000 square feet, is being designed by McIntosh Poris Associates in Birmingham. The main dining room will include such materials as “dark woods, light stone, finished and refined brass, a color scheme of black, gold, and white, with a touch of plum and sparks of cowhide,” Sasson says.

The restaurant will be open daily for dinner, and include a happy hour. Down the road, plans are to offer lunch and brunch service. Some 120 employees will be hired, with the culinary team led by Chef Michael Barrera of Townhouse Detroit. In addition, there will be a wine sommelier working every evening.

“We will tell the story of why we are serving a particular selection, what we are serving, and our intention is to offer four steaks on the menu — Porterhouse, “103” bone in rib eye, New York strip, and a filet,” Sasson says. “We also will offer 100-percent USDA prime lamb, jidori chicken, a plethora of unique seafood treasures, both local and wild, plus lots of apps, sides, and a dessert program.”

Sasson recently signed a lease for the space with Capitol Park Partnership in Detroit, which is converting the 11-story structure into 63 apartments and 17,000 square feet of commercial space. The apartments are scheduled to open in November.

In addition, the partnership, which includes Richard Karp, Richard Hosey, and Kevin Prater, is renovating the Farwell Building in Capitol Park into 82 residential apartments, office spaces, retail and restaurant areas, and a rooftop deck. It is projected to open in fall 2017.

In summer 2015, the group completed renovations to the Detroit Savings Bank building at the northeast corner of Griswold and State streets into 56 loft apartments and office space. It also owns the 140-space Griswold Parking Garage, and is planning to build two midrise towers bordering Capitol Park in the future.

With the additions, along with numerous other building upgrades around the park by Bedrock Real Estate Services, Broder & Sachse, and Lear Corp., every structure that borders Capitol Park, site of the state’s first Capitol before it was moved to Lansing in 1847, will have been renovated.

The original Capitol building was converted into a high school, but following a fire it was torn down and replaced with a triangular park in the 1890s.
http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/Annual-2016/Upcoming-Prime--Proper-in-Downtown-Detroit-Aims-to-be-the-Finest-Steakhouse-in-America/

For starters, the writer should be ashamed of himself. I never know 'Prime' was pronounced 'Prime.' Thanks for saving me the embarrassment, dude.

There also are myriad steakhouses in Michigan and 'the region' that allow diners to choose their cut of beef before it's prepared.

And dry-aging isn't alchemy. Most high-end places do it and brag about it just as much as Jeremy does.

I hope somebody gets shitfaced at MGM and drives their late-model Pontiac through the front of this place.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Doctor Detroit » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:28 pm

There will be handwritten checks using a quill pen

Come on.

cultivate the eyes, nose, and mouth.

The fuck does that even mean.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President

Postby MICHIGAN » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:

Come on.

I am guessing that it means they are assholes
Santa Cleopatra
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder

Postby middle aged female » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 am

MICHIGAN wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:

Come on.

I am guessing that it means they are assholes

I picture a field of facial features in neat little rows, all fertilized with bullshit
middle aged female

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:33 pm

The asshole opening this place is one of Crain's newest "40 under 40."

Cross-post to "I Hate New Detroit"
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Shark » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:21 pm

If you'd like to see some more successful shitheads, go watch Generation Startup at the DFT.

http://www.dia.org/auxiliaries/event.as ... 14&cid=100
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:11 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:The asshole opening this place is one of Crain's newest "40 under 40."

Cross-post to "I Hate New Detroit"

"With Townhouse Detroit, my team had a goal of revitalizing a neighborhood in the city and providing something that did not exist, therefore elevating the neighborhood and giving people a reason to visit,..."

Oh fuck you, indeed.

So I went to Yelp and read about his restaurant. An average of 3 stars over ten pages of reviews isn't particularly good, especially for a place that'll leave you $100 lighter after enjoying a hamburger and a drink.

It got it's share of 5 star reviews, but plenty of 1 stars also, and most of the 3 star write-ups read like the people are just too nice to go lower than that no matter how much they get shit on.

Impressions include hosts hanging on their phones and IPads and making guests wait fifteen minutes to be acknowledged, hour or more waits for a table in an empty dining room, demands that you have a reservation to sit in the same empty room, hour or more waits for simple food which, when it eventually shows up, will be cold and/or frozen in the middle and more often than not just plain wrong, attitude from staff and more attitude from management when wrong orders are brought to their attention, unbearable noise levels amplified by polished floors and ceilings and walls and complimented by the obligatory piped in music that nobody wants to hear, hidden charges and assumed upcharges (oh, well you asked how much more the truffle fries cost so I assumed you wanted that) and mandatory gratuities without an itemized receipt to let people know how much they're being gouged, and it goes on and on. But everybody agrees that it's a lovely space.

In his defense, he's catering to people who want an experience more than a meal: ie; douchebags. Who better to know what douchebags want than another douchebag? It's only better that he's a DCDS grad with a shaved head.

Me? Give me a restaurant where you can sit down and have a decent meal at a reasonable price, delivered quickly, and then leave.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Toolbox » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:27 pm

guest wrote:Me? Give me a restaurant where you can sit down and have a decent meal at a reasonable price, delivered quickly, and then leave.

Let's go to Telway!
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby middle aged female » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Toolbox wrote:
guest wrote:Me? Give me a restaurant where you can sit down and have a decent meal at a reasonable price, delivered quickly, and then leave.

Let's go to Telway!

It's on my way home from work, right up the road from Mabel Grey
middle aged female

Postby Toolbox » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:05 pm

middle aged female wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

Let's go to Telway!

I was leaning towards the one on Michigan Ave...
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Toolbox wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

Let's go to Telway!

I was leaning towards the one on Michigan Ave...

Thinking about going to Campau Tower after work. Cross to Places I Haven't Been to Since They Went Hipster.

Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby guest » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:55 am

Reporting back after checking out the CT (see plans above). I'd been there a few times before it closed and reopened. I liked the place; old and dirty with a clientele of dodgy looking people grabbing something while waiting for the bus. I'd order two sliders and some fries, someone else might get a deep-fried potato patty (think McDonald's breakfast menu) covered in chili and cheese, served up by a similarly dodgy looking cook.

Tonight I found three people sharing a joint in the doorway. It doesn't look like they put anything into the place save for decals of a deer head and a cow skull and some careless notes on the walls written with felt-tip markers. The nine or ten stools were occupied by a bunch of dirty looking young people, none of whom looked old enough to sit in a bar, and most of the same people who were in there when I entered remained after I ordered and ate and left. Some left, maybe to smoke weed on the sidewalk, and came back. I got the impression that they were used to hanging out. I wouldn't call anybody in there a hipster.

Had a burger ($4, $4.50 if you want cheese). They serve something called bao bread, dunno what that is, and a variety of hot dogs.

They have day hours and then close and reopen from 9 to 3, but after the only person in there who looked like an adult turned the OPEN sign around there were still people coming in and ordering.

I left hungry.

Conant turns into Mt Elliot and I passed the coney where I've been going for the last year or so for $1 chili dogs (Wed special) after my Tuesday shifts. I'd kind of put that out of my mind tonight and I thought goddammit I would have been just as happy and more full with the dollar hot dog, but I satisfied my curiosity about the Hamtramck place.

I've had a couple weird experiences at that coney...
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:18 am

An 18-year old marine recruit dies while in boot camp. US rep Debbie Dingell weighs in:

Rep. Debbie Dingell on Monday called on the Marines to conduct a swift investigation, saying she was “deeply disturbed” by recent events at Parris Island.

“I want the facts on Friday’s tragedy, but the loss of a second recruit raises serious questions,” said Dingell, D-Dearborn.

The oh fuck you part is this: over the weekend at a campaign rally she spoke of the earlier death of marine recruit Sheik Yerbouti (from Dearborn Heights) as a sign of raciism in society and a prelude to what awaits if Trump is elected. Dingell is wringing her hands, but I am wondering if the passing of young Mr. Whitebread Zachary Boland gave the latest Dingell-dynasty shill even a shudder conscience after her promotion to status of martyr this earlier kid from Dearborn Heights.

Sorry, but hollow rhetoric and false outrage from our best and brightest has worn down my patience.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion