Highland Park, The City of Trees

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Art Blackwell sure was living the life before this whole salary thing came up. If this would have been one lawsuit, I probably would have smiled, shook my head and moved on, but four?!? Four separate cars about to be repo'ed. How's that for interesting timing?

How come you can't make the payments anymore Art? It doesn't have anything to do with that salary you gave back, does it?

Here's one for a 2006 Cadillac XLR (the most expensive Cadillac of course). He still owes $51,825.85 on it and was making monthly payments of $1,327.56

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell1.pdf

Here's one for a 2001 Ford F-350, he was making payments of $598.78 but still owes $14,163.33 currently.

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell2.pdf

Then there's the 2006 Lincoln Town Car, he was making monthly payments of $1,017.14 until things got tight. Now he owes $36,515.09 on it.

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell3.pdf

And last but not least, he had a 2002 Ford Thunderbird and was making payments of $601.70 until he stopped. He owes $21,963.07 on it now.

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell4.pdf

By the way, all of these cars were purchased through Briarwood Ford in Saleen, Michigan. Way to support the city Art. Well done.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Andy wrote:Art Blackwell sure was living the life before this whole salary thing came up. If this would have been one lawsuit, I probably would have smiled, shook my head and moved on, but four?!? Four separate cars about to be repo'ed. How's that for interesting timing?

How come you can't make the payments anymore Art? It doesn't have anything to do with that salary you gave back, does it?

Here's one for a 2006 Cadillac XLR (the most expensive Cadillac of course). He still owes $51,825.85 on it and was making monthly payments of $1,327.56

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell1.pdf

Here's one for a 2001 Ford F-350, he was making payments of $598.78 but still owes $14,163.33 currently.

Then there's the 2006 Lincoln Town Car, he was making monthly payments of $1,017.14 until things got tight. Now he owes $36,515.09 on it.

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell3.pdf

And last but not least, he had a 2002 Ford Thunderbird and was making payments of $601.70 until he stopped. He owes $21,963.07 on it now.

http://hotfudgedetroit.com/lawsuits/blackwell4.pdf

By the way, all of these cars were purchased through Briarwood Ford in Saleen, Michigan. Way to support the city Art. Well done.

Is there a new-car dealership of any kind still in Highland Park ... or Hamtramck, for that matter?
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:13 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Is there a new-car dealership of any kind still in Highland Park ... or Hamtramck, for that matter?

Snethkamp Chrysler on Woodward near McNichols.

I think there's a Dodge dealership in Hamtramck.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Woodwards Friend » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:17 pm

He owes $14,000 on an eight year old truck? What does an F-350 cost? $30,000?
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby D-Day » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Andy wrote:

Yep....it used to be Garrity Dodge. Still was there in '04 when I moved but had different name that I can't recall
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
All quiet on the Southern front.....
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Andy wrote:Art Blackwell...

Actually, that's an E not an F. Same model & year that I have. Tricked out new it would have stickered in the low 30s. Sounds to me like he got ripped off by buying it used at 21k.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Amadeus » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:15 pm

D-Day wrote:
Andy wrote:

Yep....it used to be Garrity Dodge. Still was there in '04 when I moved but had different name that I can't recall

Garrity was bought out by Al Deeby, and they had two locations: Hamtown and Clarkston. Last year, Deeby and Snethkamp merged. The Dodge dealership is now on Woodward, as part of Snethkamp Chrysler Jeep Dodge.

The old Garrity place is empty.
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby Shark » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Holy shit. That is more than my monthly mortgage payment for a 4 bed/2 bath - principal, taxes, interest, insurance, etc.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mulligan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Andy wrote:

When did Woodrow W. Woody stop selling Pontiacs?

"Goodbye, so long, see ya soon."
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby Ffdfd » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to Art Blackwell and the entire Blackwell family. I hope their transportation needs do not go unfulfilled.

Maybe Art can commandeer a few vehicles from our fleet. Even A Friend of Ours would have been impressed with the $42,000-per-year no-show DFD appointee job he had back in the day.
Overall, the contract seems to have been written by amateurs.
Ffdfd
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Ffdfd wrote:My thoughts and prayers go out to Art Blackwell and the entire Blackwell family. I hope their transportation needs do not go unfulfilled.

Maybe Art can commandeer a few vehicles from our fleet. Even A Friend of Ours would have been impressed with the $42,000-per-year no-show DFD appointee job he had back in the day.

Better be careful, Ff. A guy with connections like that could get someone jammed up. End up with a paintbrush and a buckets of red and yellow fire hydrant paint.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Random Douchebag » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Hey guys, give poor Art Blackwell a little credit. At least he's paying (or not paying) for his families autos on his own dime and not stiffing HP for the cost, except for that $132,000 a year thing.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 am

Highland Park’s embattled emergency financial manager has been sued by Ford Credit for allegedly defaulting on four car loans.

The four lawsuits against Arthur Blackwell were filed today in Wayne County Circuit Court.

According to the complaints, Blackwell failed to make payments on a 2006 Cadillac XLR, a 2002 Ford Thunderbird, a 2006 Lincoln Town Car and a 2001 Ford E-350, all of which he bought between May and July 2008. He still owes close to $52,000 for the Cadillac, an estimated $22,000 for the Thunderbird, more than $36,500 for the Lincoln and approximately $14,000 for the van.

Ford Credit said Blackwell has refused to give up the vehicles and that as he continues to hold onto them, their value -- to the company which wants to resell them -- is depreciating.

“I’ve been buying cars from Ford for 20 years and never had any trouble. Everyone’s struggling,” Blackwell said. “I’m one month behind on all of them except one.”

In December, Highland Park school board member Robert Davis sued Blackwell for allegedly collecting $11,000 a month in salary for the emergency financial manager position, a state-appointed job that pays $1 annually.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090127/N ... over+loans
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:09 am

Wow some might even suggest that Hot Fudge Detroit has become a news source breaking important stories about the financial ineptitude of politically appointed financial manager. Not Lowell, of course, but some people.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Amadeus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 am

Mulligan wrote:When did Woodrow W. Woody stop selling Pontiacs?

"Goodbye, so long, see ya soon."

The dealership closed about 2000, and he died a couple years later. His wife, Anne, was the muscle behind the operation and really ran the place for the last 5 years or so. Woody would just glad-hand people.
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Next

Return to General Discussion