Hot Fudge Witnessed

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby The Conscience » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:30 am

Yesterday, I was in downtown Birmingham (a rare occurrence for me) and thought about that 18-year old noodlehead who wanted to make a 2nd Amendment statement a year or two ago by strutting the sidewalks with a M1 rifle on his shoulder. So foolish, that seems, because the only dangerous thing I saw yesterday were laser beams of sunlight coming off the five karat diamonds on the fingers of rich housewives, something a M1 would offer no protection from.

I've got a small armory of combat arms and enough ammo to fend off a zombie army but this 'open carry' BS has gone too far. For awhile, a local kid (i.e.- early 20s), would walk around my neighborhood with his AR15 in one hand and an open carry sign in the other. He was not helping his cause in the least; if anything, he was hurting it. I haven't seen him in several months though.... either he ran off to stand guard at the Bundy Ranch or he's been committed to an institution.
User avatar
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: The Frontal Lobes

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby Shark » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:15 am

The Beav wrote:We had a parent open carry when he was with his daughter last night for an open house at the school. Fuck you over-compensating fucks who think you are doing the world a favor by demonstrating your rights in front of a handful Mildly Cognitively Impaired Students and their parents (3 of our MiCI classes started this past Tuesday, while the other two started in the beginning of August with the rest of the year-round scheduled kids).

No seriously. Fuck you with a red hot poker right in the ass.


So you're saying you won't be adding this to the curriculum?

Image
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:22 am

Even if you openly display the weapon (and have a CPL, natch), can't the proprietor of a business or building still forbid you to carry them inside? The Detroit Lions already have said as much, even asking off-duty cops not to bring their weapons to the game.

I'm assuming schools can't be as choosy because of the language of the law.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby higgs1634 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:19 am

Shark wrote:
The Beav wrote:We had a parent open carry when he was with his daughter last night for an open house at the school. Fuck you over-compensating fucks who think you are doing the world a favor by demonstrating your rights in front of a handful Mildly Cognitively Impaired Students and their parents (3 of our MiCI classes started this past Tuesday, while the other two started in the beginning of August with the rest of the year-round scheduled kids).

No seriously. Fuck you with a red hot poker right in the ass.


So you're saying you won't be adding this to the curriculum?

Image


The book follows the adventures of Richard Strong, Bea Strong and Brenna Strong as they open carry. Seriously ... the book is about "Dick Strong" out there open carrying to protect his woman folk. smh.
User avatar
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 am

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby D-Day » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:10 pm

higgs1634 wrote:
Shark wrote:
The Beav wrote:We had a parent open carry when he was with his daughter last night for an open house at the school. Fuck you over-compensating fucks who think you are doing the world a favor by demonstrating your rights in front of a handful Mildly Cognitively Impaired Students and their parents (3 of our MiCI classes started this past Tuesday, while the other two started in the beginning of August with the rest of the year-round scheduled kids).

No seriously. Fuck you with a red hot poker right in the ass.


So you're saying you won't be adding this to the curriculum?

Image


The book follows the adventures of Richard Strong, Bea Strong and Brenna Strong as they open carry. Seriously ... the book is about "Dick Strong" out there open carrying to protect his woman folk. smh.


I was going to say that I wonder if Brian Jeffs is any relation to Warren Jeffs.........but that is much better, higgs
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby thunderstruck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:29 pm

The most uncomfortable thing about the open carry movement to me is the type of people who are into it. The rational side of my brain knows that I'm in the company of concealed-carry folks and their weapons pretty much every day. I don't mind that.

In fact, since every CPL holder I personally know is a decent, intelligent, mature and reasonable person, as well as being pretty skilled with firearms, I am somewhat comforted by the fact there there are "good guys" out there who know how to shoot and when to shoot. I'd be more comfortable with some of them in my kids' schools than with the stupid fiction that it is a magical "gun free zone".

If all the CPL folks wore their weapons visibly it would take some adjustment to seeing the plethora of guns but I'd be OK with the concept and practice.

These open carry freaks on the other hand give me the heebie-jeebies. Mal-adjusted basement dwellers. Yet I can't get to the point that I want open carry to be illegal. It may not make much sense but I'd like open carry to be legal, but virtually never done.
User avatar
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Beyond comprehension

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby The Beav » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Mother and son both riding in their own scooters around Meijer's in Roseville.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby Mulligan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Snyder for governor lawns signs witnessed at Seymour and Hayes. I don't imagine he is going to pull a lot of votes from that neighborhood.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby The Beav » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:41 am

Mulligan wrote:Snyder for governor lawns signs witnessed at Seymour and Hayes. I don't imagine he is going to pull a lot of votes from that neighborhood.


Since when are you on the east side?
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby Mulligan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:23 pm

The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:Snyder for governor lawns signs witnessed at Seymour and Hayes. I don't imagine he is going to pull a lot of votes from that neighborhood.


Since when are you on the east side?


I get around.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby The Beav » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:34 am

Mulligan wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:Snyder for governor lawns signs witnessed at Seymour and Hayes. I don't imagine he is going to pull a lot of votes from that neighborhood.


Since when are you on the east side?


I get around.


You and the Beach Boys.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby RoryKasel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Standing in line at the gas station and a guy paid for gas with a Salvation Army voucher. Old lady in line behind him went ballistic announcing he's her neighbor and that she sees him at the casino every weekend playing three machines at a time and that he should pay for his own "goddamn gas". She then pays for a pack of Hostess donuts and bag of Fritos with a bridge card, but did pay for her own goddam gas with cash.

Cross to irony.
RoryKasel
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby Brad Lexington » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

thunderstruck wrote:I am somewhat comforted by the fact there there are "good guys" out there who know how to shoot and when to shoot. I'd be more comfortable with some of them in my kids' schools than with the stupid fiction that it is a magical "gun free zone".


I've noticed how when debating people legally owning/carrying guns it's often pointed out you have to have training, so you know how to handle a weapon.

You have to having training to drive a car too. Have you SEEN the motherfuckers out there?

For further reading, see: Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole
User avatar
Brad Lexington
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 am

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby Random Douchebag » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

Brad Lexington wrote:
thunderstruck wrote:I am somewhat comforted by the fact there there are "good guys" out there who know how to shoot and when to shoot. I'd be more comfortable with some of them in my kids' schools than with the stupid fiction that it is a magical "gun free zone".


I've noticed how when debating people legally owning/carrying guns it's often pointed out you have to have training, so you know how to handle a weapon.

You have to having training to drive a car too. Have you SEEN the motherfuckers out there?

For further reading, see: Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole

That thread is mostly guest's road rage stories now. Wearing out the horn on his car is a clue.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
User avatar
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere, nowhere.

Re: Hot Fudge Witnessed

Postby guest » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Random Douchebag wrote:
Brad Lexington wrote:
thunderstruck wrote:I am somewhat comforted by the fact there there are "good guys" out there who know how to shoot and when to shoot. I'd be more comfortable with some of them in my kids' schools than with the stupid fiction that it is a magical "gun free zone".


I've noticed how when debating people legally owning/carrying guns it's often pointed out you have to have training, so you know how to handle a weapon.

You have to having training to drive a car too. Have you SEEN the motherfuckers out there?

For further reading, see: Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole

That thread is mostly guest's road rage stories now. Wearing out the horn on his car is a clue.


Oh fuck you, Putz. And here's a clue; when entering a street, first look for and then stop for traffic already on that street.
User avatar
guest
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition
 
Posts: 6638
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am
Location: the old windmill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], guest and 10 guests