Bad Ghetto Manners

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:46 pm

The Fickle Finger wrote:What was he in for if I may ask?


jaywalking

Ha, no, OTIS says this:
Operating Intoxicated/Impaired/Controlled Substance - 3rd


Six years before he was sentenced to time for this:
Operating - OUIL/Per SE/OWI - 3rd Offense Notice]


FWW, this guy and his crew appeared to have been using my Cutlass to push and tow other stolen cars. When recovered my car had a collection of lug wrenches and assorted tools on the floor of the back seat. I kept those because nobody at the police yard wanted them back. My father came with me to collect the car and as we walked out to the yard the property officer was like "fuigb Senior (they knew each other), you're going to have trouble getting that car started and home." Like I said, the steering column had been torn open. The old man reached down and played under the dashboard with one hand while laughing and bullshitting with his bud. In a few moments the damn thing started and he drove it home while I followed in another car.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby The Fickle Finger » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:18 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
The Fickle Finger wrote:What was he in for if I may ask?


jaywalking

Ha, no, OTIS says this:
Operating Intoxicated/Impaired/Controlled Substance - 3rd


Six years before he was sentenced to time for this:
Operating - OUIL/Per SE/OWI - 3rd Offense Notice]


FWW, this guy and his crew appeared to have been using my Cutlass to push and tow other stolen cars. When recovered my car had a collection of lug wrenches and assorted tools on the floor of the back seat. I kept those because nobody at the police yard wanted them back. My father came with me to collect the car and as we walked out to the yard the property officer was like "fuigb Senior (they knew each other), you're going to have trouble getting that car started and home." Like I said, the steering column had been torn open. The old man reached down and played under the dashboard with one hand while laughing and bullshitting with his bud. In a few moments the damn thing started and he drove it home while I followed in another car.


Yep, the good old days, when you could do such a thing with a car. Not so much anymore, I'm afraid.
User avatar
The Fickle Finger
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby RoryKasel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 am

The Fickle Finger wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
The Fickle Finger wrote:What was he in for if I may ask?


jaywalking

Ha, no, OTIS says this:
Operating Intoxicated/Impaired/Controlled Substance - 3rd


Six years before he was sentenced to time for this:
Operating - OUIL/Per SE/OWI - 3rd Offense Notice]


FWW, this guy and his crew appeared to have been using my Cutlass to push and tow other stolen cars. When recovered my car had a collection of lug wrenches and assorted tools on the floor of the back seat. I kept those because nobody at the police yard wanted them back. My father came with me to collect the car and as we walked out to the yard the property officer was like "fuigb Senior (they knew each other), you're going to have trouble getting that car started and home." Like I said, the steering column had been torn open. The old man reached down and played under the dashboard with one hand while laughing and bullshitting with his bud. In a few moments the damn thing started and he drove it home while I followed in another car.


Yep, the good old days, when you could do such a thing with a car. Not so much anymore, I'm afraid.


You could break the ignition switch out of the steering column of a mid-90's Ford truck with a brick and then start it with a ball point pen but I don't know if technology has changed as I've learned to carry a spare key.
RoryKasel
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby Shark » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:56 am

Girl, 7, shot to death in Detroit; sister, 8, injured

The shooting happened in the 16800 block of Steel, near McNichols and the Lodge freeway. The neighborhood is a high-crime area. Steel Street has has 11 shootings so far this year, including two homicides, according to police crime data.

“This started over some family drama,” Assistant Detroit Police Chief Steve Dolunt said. “The guy has five kids from five different mothers; there was a family gathering, the new girlfriend confronted the old one, and said, ‘I’ll be back.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /77961742/



Don't have "family gatherings" if you need bring more than one girlfriend.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Not sure if this is legit or something that Snopes will tear the ass out of, but taken at face value this is probably all the guidance that you need to avoid an embarrassing faux pas outside of the shadow of Gilbert's empire:

The community activist group New Era Detroit has released a Street Code that has many people talking.

Among 10 item list includes no drive-bys, adding that the shootings endanger the babies and children being killed and that all rapists and child molesters in the community must be turned in.

Also included is no shooting at concerts or parties which are neutral territories, respecting the elders, respect for people in general.

The list also promotes dealing directly with your enemy and nobody else, "no slinging to the children or pregnant women" and urges to not shoot any victims of a robbery.

The list is meant to "Enforce and Honor the Street Code, make our streets honorable, respected and true to the game." For more information about New Era Detroit and their programs and events, CLICK HERE.

The complete list:

1. No drive-bys. Too many black babies are being killed from random drive-bys. These random shootings already took the lives of several black babies. This must stop. There is nothing gangsta about babies and children being killed. Drive-by shootings from here on out will make you public enemy No. 1 throughout the entire city.

2. All rapist and child molesters in the community must be turned in and dealt with immediately. We cannot allow rapists in the community preying on our women. That can be your mother, sister or daughter. Sexual assault committed against our women and children will not be tolerated in our communities.

3. Concerts and parties are neutral territories: No shooting. Too often innocent people get killed at parties and not the actual target. Handle your beefs at your own risk in your own space.

4. Respect the elders, any harm or violence towards the elderly is a serious violation. Elders are harmless and defenseless; attacking them is the same as attacking a baby and will also result in you becoming public enemy No. 1 throughout the entire city.

5. Respect. If no one has done anything to you, show them the love and give them respect.

6. All beefs must be handled away from school grounds, churches and businesses. Once again it is imperative that we leave innocent people out of beefs.

7. Know who your enemy is, deal directly with them and nobody else.

8. No slinging to the children or pregnant women. That's genocide on our people.

9. Do not shoot any victims of robbery. There is nothing more cowardly than robbing someone, getting what you want out of them then shooting them after you got what you wanted.

10. Enforce and honor the Street Code. Make our streets honorable, respected and true to the game.




http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/127652662-story
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby D-Day » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:40 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Not sure if this is legit or something that Snopes will tear the ass out of, but taken at face value this is probably all the guidance that you need to avoid an embarrassing faux pas outside of the shadow of Gilbert's empire:

The community activist group New Era Detroit has released a Street Code that has many people talking.

Among 10 item list includes no drive-bys, adding that the shootings endanger the babies and children being killed and that all rapists and child molesters in the community must be turned in.

Also included is no shooting at concerts or parties which are neutral territories, respecting the elders, respect for people in general.

The list also promotes dealing directly with your enemy and nobody else, "no slinging to the children or pregnant women" and urges to not shoot any victims of a robbery.

The list is meant to "Enforce and Honor the Street Code, make our streets honorable, respected and true to the game." For more information about New Era Detroit and their programs and events, CLICK HERE.

The complete list:

1. No drive-bys. Too many black babies are being killed from random drive-bys. These random shootings already took the lives of several black babies. This must stop. There is nothing gangsta about babies and children being killed. Drive-by shootings from here on out will make you public enemy No. 1 throughout the entire city.

2. All rapist and child molesters in the community must be turned in and dealt with immediately. We cannot allow rapists in the community preying on our women. That can be your mother, sister or daughter. Sexual assault committed against our women and children will not be tolerated in our communities.

3. Concerts and parties are neutral territories: No shooting. Too often innocent people get killed at parties and not the actual target. Handle your beefs at your own risk in your own space.

4. Respect the elders, any harm or violence towards the elderly is a serious violation. Elders are harmless and defenseless; attacking them is the same as attacking a baby and will also result in you becoming public enemy No. 1 throughout the entire city.

5. Respect. If no one has done anything to you, show them the love and give them respect.

6. All beefs must be handled away from school grounds, churches and businesses. Once again it is imperative that we leave innocent people out of beefs.

7. Know who your enemy is, deal directly with them and nobody else.

8. No slinging to the children or pregnant women. That's genocide on our people.

9. Do not shoot any victims of robbery. There is nothing more cowardly than robbing someone, getting what you want out of them then shooting them after you got what you wanted.

10. Enforce and honor the Street Code. Make our streets honorable, respected and true to the game.




http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/127652662-story


My guess is these are ISIS approved
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:25 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Not sure if this is legit or something that Snopes will tear the ass out of, but taken at face value this is probably all the guidance that you need to avoid an embarrassing faux pas outside of the shadow of Gilbert's empire:

The community activist group New Era Detroit has released a Street Code that has many people talking.

Among 10 item list includes no drive-bys, adding that the shootings endanger the babies and children being killed and that all rapists and child molesters in the community must be turned in.

Also included is no shooting at concerts or parties which are neutral territories, respecting the elders, respect for people in general.

The list also promotes dealing directly with your enemy and nobody else, "no slinging to the children or pregnant women" and urges to not shoot any victims of a robbery.

The list is meant to "Enforce and Honor the Street Code, make our streets honorable, respected and true to the game." For more information about New Era Detroit and their programs and events, CLICK HERE.

The complete list:

1. No drive-bys. Too many black babies are being killed from random drive-bys. These random shootings already took the lives of several black babies. This must stop. There is nothing gangsta about babies and children being killed. Drive-by shootings from here on out will make you public enemy No. 1 throughout the entire city.

2. All rapist and child molesters in the community must be turned in and dealt with immediately. We cannot allow rapists in the community preying on our women. That can be your mother, sister or daughter. Sexual assault committed against our women and children will not be tolerated in our communities.

3. Concerts and parties are neutral territories: No shooting. Too often innocent people get killed at parties and not the actual target. Handle your beefs at your own risk in your own space.

4. Respect the elders, any harm or violence towards the elderly is a serious violation. Elders are harmless and defenseless; attacking them is the same as attacking a baby and will also result in you becoming public enemy No. 1 throughout the entire city.

5. Respect. If no one has done anything to you, show them the love and give them respect.

6. All beefs must be handled away from school grounds, churches and businesses. Once again it is imperative that we leave innocent people out of beefs.

7. Know who your enemy is, deal directly with them and nobody else.

8. No slinging to the children or pregnant women. That's genocide on our people.

9. Do not shoot any victims of robbery. There is nothing more cowardly than robbing someone, getting what you want out of them then shooting them after you got what you wanted.

10. Enforce and honor the Street Code. Make our streets honorable, respected and true to the game.




http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/127652662-story


Doesn't No. 10 contradict the first nine?
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby The Conscience » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:05 am

In one sense, I suppose it's admirable to try and impose some basic rules for conducting business, just like OC does (OC as in "organized crime"). So for example, if you recall in The Godfather, selling drugs was forbidden. And if you recall in The Sopranos, selling drugs along the garbage hauling routes was forbidden.

The problem with this set of Written Rules for Detroit: there is no Vito Corleone or Tony Soprano to drop the big goon hand on underlings when violations occur. This town is a free-for-all when it comes to crime. The street crews are beholden to no one and there are sooooo many lone wolfs doing whatever they want. So what sounds like a good idea is essentially worthless.
User avatar
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: The Frontal Lobes

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby The Conscience » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:21 am

5. Respect. If no one has done anything to you, show them the love and give them respect.


Wouldn't this be nice? No more gas station carjackings. No more invasion robberies into little old ladies houses. Stolen vehicles would go from 15,000 a year to none. Unlivable neighborhoods would become livable overnight.

Like I said, sounds nice but isn't reality.
User avatar
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: The Frontal Lobes

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 am

The Conscience wrote:
5. Respect. If no one has done anything to you, show them the love and give them respect.


Wouldn't this be nice? No more gas station carjackings. No more invasion robberies into little old ladies houses. Stolen vehicles would go from 15,000 a year to none. Unlivable neighborhoods would become livable overnight.

Like I said, sounds nice but isn't reality.


Why did this even need to be included on the list: isn't civility a cornerstone of every functioning society? Oh, wait, I forgot that we're talking about Detroit.

It's obvious that society is comprised of an entire range of people: goody-two-shoes to Charles Manson. And fifty years ago the city probably had representation across the range. Gistok-types (God, when was he last mentioned here?) cite racism, freeways, and extension of DWS to Umpteen Mile as the root cause of Detroit's present, but I'm inclined to say that it was 1MM+ people individually reaching their breaking points as the essence of rule #5 faded into nothingness. Some people will leave when the edges of the social contract fray, like music volumes grow louder or unleashed dogs begin to be the norm. And others need a MDP'd car or broken front window before deciding that the siren's call from Livonia, Southfield, or Sterling Heights was too much to resist. Decades on and it feels as though anyone without very thick skin and a tolerance for B.S. has left, thereby leaving only a few strays among a mass for which common courtesy and decency are as alien as thoughts about the cold fusion and the fourth dimension.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby Craig » Sun May 08, 2016 11:55 am

Mothers' day... after years of hit/miss performance from the kids I told them yesterday: for your sake you better not get ME in trouble by overlooking this day. A card. Candy. Flowers pulled from the neighbor's garden. Something, anything besides a goose egg because it's the old man who takes the hit for the babies not taking care of mommy, no matter how old they may be.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
User avatar
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon May 09, 2016 1:06 pm

You've got a lot to live up to, Father's Day ...

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The violence plaguing Chicago did not stop this Mother's Day weekend. At least 49 people were shot and seven died over the last three days in locations all over the city.

Community members spoke out against the violence on a weekend when mothers are supposed to be spending time with their children, not saying goodbye.

On Friday, mothers who lost children to violence pleaded for calm over the weekend, but their pleas seemed to fall on deaf ears. Community activist Andrew Holmes is outraged by the all-too-familiar crime stats.

"It is tough on a mother. She carried that child nine months and to lose that child within a matter of seconds at the hand of another individual. That is a tough burden," he said.

Holmes and other community members working to stop the bloodshed gathered Sunday near Mt. Hope Cemetery, a place they say many grieving mothers spent the day remembering children killed on city streets.

"If you look over there, that place was so packed it looked like a drive-thru," said Michael Airhart, CEO of All Kids Matter.

"Men, we need to step up more like we have been doing, get these streets, beat these streets, talk to these teens," Holmes said.

They want to make mothers aware of community programs available for children aimed at keeping young people away from a deadly cycle of violence.

"It shouldn't be that way, all over gang activity. They only going off what happened in the past. They have fathers that have been through the same thing. Me myself, I had my taste of being in a gang until I realized the gang didn't love me," said Airhart.

Holmes says there are community programs, parents just need to take advantage of them.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/49-shootings-7-fatal-over-violent-mothers-day-weekend/1329500/
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Media have been all atwitter about this kid from the east side who was snatched, and even well-north of the city the Amber alert was replayed on electronic billboards on I-75. This is the case where it's reported that some children on bikes snatched up money dropped by a man who was apparently drunk. The child was found dead in a field today.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/06/01/detroit-police-investigate-possible-kidnapping/85232966/

Needless to say, a kid losing his life is a tragedy, but if the reporting is accurate then the absconding with (theft of?) dropped money was the triggering event. Taking a man's money is bad manners.

Read the article and enjoy laudatory chestnuts such as these about the dead boy:

"He was the type of kid that would help an old lady cross the street, not snatch her purse,"


"He believed in people, too. I guess that’s where he made his mistake."
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 pm

I'm starting to lose count of the number of "They killed a kid/baby so maybe everyone will take a step back and things will get better" stories here and elsewhere.

Things aren't going to get better until there's no one left to shoot.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Bad Ghetto Manners

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Candidate George W. Bush's talking point "the soft bigotry of lower expectations" keeps resurfacing in my mind while reading this story:
Family: Neighborhood ‘beef’ led to fatal shooting of 3


http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/06/06/three-dead-shooting-detroit-west-side/85476548/

Briefly, on Brace south of Warren three were shot to death early this morning and per the headline the family puts this down to drama among neighbors. I never lived on Brace but one of my girlfriends did so this feels close to home. Here are some of the details:

Police responded to a call of shots fired at about 5:22 a.m.,
We'll start on a positive note: this is damn early in the morning for people to be up and doing things. My daily alarm rings at 5:21 and it's taken a lot of discipline to learn to not just roll over and say to hell with things. Whoever did this shooting has a good work ethic and an alarm set even earlier than my own.

Angela Owens Brown, 50, said her son De-Angelo Smith Owens, 25, was among the three victims. He was the renter of the home where he was killed, she said. Owens Brown said her son “made his money and did what he had to do,”
Ma goes on to declaim the notion that Junior's demise was drug- or gang-related, but what's with this "did what he had to do" stuff? Did what he had to do, meaning that worked hard at a job that held no joy or does this mean that he hustled in one or more of the usual ways?

The shooting, she said, came hours after her son hosted a “smoke-out” — a gathering where a group of people get together to smoke marijuana — with friends at the house.
Well, that's a new term to me. Makes sense that it'd be called that. But ma was cool with the fact that her 25-year old son was hosting dope parties? Wonder if she gave De-Angelo her own version of the speech that I still get when my parents see me with a beer: don't drink so much or you'll get fat(ter)!

Smith Owens was a father of four — 7-, 3-, 2-, and 1-year-olds — with another baby on the way.
Holy cats this was a busy young smoke-outer. When I was 25 I was just getting married. It took me another nine years to wrack up this many kids.

Owens Brown said Smith Owens will be the seventh child of 12 she will have to bury.
If at first you don't succeed...

Tensions remained high throughout the day. A man body-slammed another onto a yard and punched him when he was down.
Ah, the old hit 'em while he's down trick. It never grows old.

At 1:15 p.m., a family, who'd been watching the scene from the porch all day, brought out a case of water to the street for the crowd.
An earlier version of the story read "an Arab family." Bet they're wishing they'd paid closer attention to exactly where Dearborn left off and Warrendale began.

All in all, what a mess, a mess for society I mean. Five unfathered kids scattered across the D, seven of 12 siblings in the ground, and three young guys who won't be learning a trade and living a life of paying taxes, keeping up their property, and generally leading ho-hum lives that would be the envy of two billion poor people everywhere else in the world.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

cron