goodbye hot fudge detroit

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Postby Norm Abrams » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Random Douchebag wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
Norm Abrams wrote:Wow, fudgers need to stop using online translators for their Polish burns. That is some atrocious spelling.



The online translators couldn't even translate them. I tried.


Sorry, but mine were only phonetic. I recognize that my Polish is the equivalent of English's ebonics.


I figured out most of them.
Norm Abrams
Hot Fudge Bearing Ansel's Cross
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:15 pm

Postby middle aged female » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Norm Abrams wrote:
Random Douchebag wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
Norm Abrams wrote:Wow, fudgers need to stop using online translators for their Polish burns. That is some atrocious spelling.



The online translators couldn't even translate them. I tried.


Sorry, but mine were only phonetic. I recognize that my Polish is the equivalent of English's ebonics.


I figured out most of them.


Swine was easy.
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7375
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Postby MICHIGAN » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:33 pm

The Beav wrote:
MICHIGAN wrote:
Morty wrote:I thought you were quitting 5+ hours ago

Daina lying again?


I thought davecat lies.


No Davecat Lives!
Santa Cleopatra
User avatar
MICHIGAN
Hot Fudge Board Game Builder
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Teatro Massimo

Postby Putski » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Norm Abrams wrote:
Random Douchebag wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
Norm Abrams wrote:Wow, fudgers need to stop using online translators for their Polish burns. That is some atrocious spelling.



The online translators couldn't even translate them. I tried.


Sorry, but mine were only phonetic. I recognize that my Polish is the equivalent of English's ebonics.


I figured out most of them.


As well but with visions of grandma gossipping over the fence with the neighbors.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
User avatar
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Upland Skatepark 1984

Postby DainaofDetroit » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:02 pm

going in the shower

i know you wish you were here wink wink

brb
User avatar
DainaofDetroit
Hot Fudge Crazy
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:53 am
Location: South of 8 Mile? HELL NO! Shit will get you killed.

Re: goodbye hot fudge detroit

Postby hollowpoint » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:14 am

Robert L. Hulseman, Inventor of the Solo Cup, Dies at 84

Robert L. Hulseman, a corporate executive who developed the sturdy red Solo cup that became indispensable at picnics, tailgate parties and barbecues and inspired a song by the country singer Toby Keith, died on Dec. 21 at his home in Northfield, Ill. He was 84.

His son Paul said the cause was complications of several strokes.

Mr. Hulseman spent nearly all of his career at the Solo Cup Company in Lake Forest, Ill., a maker of disposable cups, plates and bowls. One of his other legacies was helping to create a coffee cup lid that may now be as prevalent as the Solo cup.

The company’s products might have been seen as unremarkable party essentials in a throwaway age if not for the creation of the Solo cup in the mid-1970s. It became a mainstay at beer keggers, where its size, typically 16 ounces, durability and opacity were prized attributes.

Mr. Hulseman preferred that his cups be used at family outings, not at rowdy, boozy blowouts.

“The cup’s design was for strength,” Paul Hulseman said in an interview. “Not for a shot, a wine and a beer.”

Mr. Keith seized on the cup’s popularity in 2011 when he recorded “Red Solo Cup.” The song is a silly celebration of the cup’s critical place at a kegger, of the sort seen in the song’s video featuring some of his well-known friends, including Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent, Larry Bird and Roger Clemens.

“It’s the stupidest song I’ve ever heard, but it’s so stupid it’s good,” Mr. Keith told The Boot, a country music website, in 2014.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/busin ... ottom-well


Goodbye Red Plastic Cup
User avatar
hollowpoint
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:19 am

Re: goodbye hot fudge detroit

Postby middle aged female » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:30 am

hollowpoint wrote:
Robert L. Hulseman, Inventor of the Solo Cup, Dies at 84

Robert L. Hulseman, a corporate executive who developed the sturdy red Solo cup that became indispensable at picnics, tailgate parties and barbecues and inspired a song by the country singer Toby Keith, died on Dec. 21 at his home in Northfield, Ill. He was 84.

His son Paul said the cause was complications of several strokes.

Mr. Hulseman spent nearly all of his career at the Solo Cup Company in Lake Forest, Ill., a maker of disposable cups, plates and bowls. One of his other legacies was helping to create a coffee cup lid that may now be as prevalent as the Solo cup.

The company’s products might have been seen as unremarkable party essentials in a throwaway age if not for the creation of the Solo cup in the mid-1970s. It became a mainstay at beer keggers, where its size, typically 16 ounces, durability and opacity were prized attributes.

Mr. Hulseman preferred that his cups be used at family outings, not at rowdy, boozy blowouts.

“The cup’s design was for strength,” Paul Hulseman said in an interview. “Not for a shot, a wine and a beer.”

Mr. Keith seized on the cup’s popularity in 2011 when he recorded “Red Solo Cup.” The song is a silly celebration of the cup’s critical place at a kegger, of the sort seen in the song’s video featuring some of his well-known friends, including Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent, Larry Bird and Roger Clemens.

“It’s the stupidest song I’ve ever heard, but it’s so stupid it’s good,” Mr. Keith told The Boot, a country music website, in 2014.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/busin ... ottom-well


Goodbye Red Plastic Cup

Red Solo Cup, I lift you up
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7375
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: goodbye hot fudge detroit

Postby The Fickle Finger » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:19 pm

I would really like to ressurect a few characters from the ones I have created over the years, but alas I have forgotten the email that I used. Any hope in Andy fixing things?
User avatar
The Fickle Finger
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: goodbye hot fudge detroit

Postby D-Day » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:35 pm

The Fickle Finger wrote:I would really like to ressurect a few characters from the ones I have created over the years, but alas I have forgotten the email that I used. Any hope in Andy fixing things?


Andy's a FB friend of mine.......I can ask him
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest