Charles Pugh's City Council Accomplishments

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Charles Pugh's City Council Accomplishments

Postby coreytron » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Hmm, for starters knocking Martha Reeves dumb ass off the ballot?
"There's magic everywhere up in this bitch".
coreytron
Hot Fudge Media Elite

Re: Charles Pugh's City Council Accomplishments

Postby Shark » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 pm

He's cracked 20,000 votes and is leaving everyone in the dust.
Last edited by Shark on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby gravitymachine » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:03 pm

cockrel is going to have is work cut out for him to retain his presidency it looks like. fucking name/face recognition strikes again
gravitymachine
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: she'll go 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene

Postby guest » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Yeah, well I've heard that he's been on TV, prob'ly knows a few things about it, so I'm thinking he might help with the whole Channel 10 experience.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Woodwards Friend » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm not a Pugh voter but if he wins a seat he might as well be the Council President. It's basically just like anchoring a news cast. Pugh knows how to lead a discussion and finish it on time. It will be nice for Council to hit the posts on their agendas every once in a while.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:15 am

Woodwards Friend wrote:I'm not a Pugh voter but if he wins a seat he might as well be the Council President. It's basically just like anchoring a news cast. Pugh knows how to lead a discussion and finish it on time. It will be nice for Council to hit the posts on their agendas every once in a while.

From that perspective I think you have a point. If only Monica and him could've shared the table, I would have liked to have seen how he'd handle a Shrek bomb.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby jmy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 am

I can't wait until the churchie do-gooders find out he's gay.
My Goodness! What's going on? What's happening?
jmy
Original Hot Fudge Martyr

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:03 am

jmy wrote:I can't wait until the churchie do-gooders find out he's gay.

The campaign literature that issue will spawn should be a hoot.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby jmy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 am

I can't wait until GGT adds him to their Saturday morning prayer line-up. I wonder they'll have the bums pray him away as a plot of the White Devil, as an Uncle Tom, or as a Homo-sexu-el.
My Goodness! What's going on? What's happening?
jmy
Original Hot Fudge Martyr

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am

jmy wrote:I can't wait until GGT adds him to their Saturday morning prayer line-up. I wonder they'll have the bums pray him away as a plot of the White Devil, as an Uncle Tom, or as a Homo-sexu-el.

I suspect the GGT crowd will be ok with Pugh's homosexuality just like the John Birch Society was ok Roy Cohn's homosexuality. Sure it is a horrible sin and an abomination before the Lord but has long as "the ghey" is on the right side of political issues, no sense making a big deal out it.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Dead Ed » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:34 am

How can we be certain that Charles Pugh isn't a fictional television character? After all, this is a board of fictional internet characters. And anybody with a lick of common sense knows the moon walks and the '09 Cup Finals were staged inside Julius Streibecher's barn outside Owosso.

Hey, 200 posts! Always leave on a nice round number. 'Bye, Fudgers, it's been a privilege. See all of you in the next world.
Jeezus, it's cold. Who do you gotta blow to get a grave blanket around here?
Dead Ed
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:49 am

Silver confetti for getting through the primary seems a bit much.

BTW, what is Capital Square? Is that a flavor of the month club somewhere? Which club went under?
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 am

DetroitArmy Join Date: Mar 2009

Does anyone else find it admirable that our city's top vote getter in the city council primaries is an openly gay man? First of all, there are very few openly gay politicians, and probably for good reason given our societal stance on the issue. Second of all, the black community (streotypically) is not very tolerant of gay black men and in a city with a african american popluation of well over 80% the city council could possibly have an openly gay black man as president? Has anyone made an issue about this in the media? Personally, I think its an extremely progressive stance taken by Detroiters. For a state and city that has been deemed by the media as racist, stupid, and for lack of a better word antiquated, in my opinion, this is a very impressive and forward thinking outcome.

It could also just be that name recognition pushed him over the top and voters didn't even think about the fact that he is gay (which might actually be even more impressive at some level), but thats a different discussion for a different day.

I think this guy was literally born yesterday. I doubt most Detroit voters know that Charles Pugh is gay. Most of them probably think such a polite single young man from the teevee would like to meet their daughter. I know Pugh isn't exactly Larry Craiging about his sexual orientation but his primary win isn't a result of transcendent social evolution.

We’ll see if he holds onto that top stop when the John Bennetts of the world start scaring the old ladies that Charles Pugh wants to steal their grandbabies’ daddies. Because you know that coming.
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Cross-post to Predictions.

I'm thinking once the general uninformed voting populace finds out that Pugh is gay, they turn out in force to not vote for him.

Or am I underestimating the apathy in this town?
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:39 pm

The Beav wrote:Cross-post to Predictions.

I'm thinking once the general uninformed voting populace finds out that Pugh is gay, they turn out in force to not vote for him.

Or am I underestimating the apathy in this town?

I see that happening too.
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Next

Return to General Discussion