Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole

Postby guest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Toolbox wrote:Victims in fiery crash had just gotten car

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /19856423/

It was a Mercury Marauder, which I understand has police mechanical specs or, as my friend Elwood would describe it, "It's got a cop motor, ... It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks."

edit: I had heard that the Marauder was like a police car but a quick search suggests that's not exactly true. Apparently Ford modified a Marquis with parts from different sources; front suspension from the Police Interceptor and rear from something else or vice-versa, a Mustang engine, Crown Vic taillights, leather seats, floor mounted shifter, hotter transmission and axle, more dash gauges, etc. They didn't sell very many and Jalopnik thinks you should buy one. Cross to Car Talk.

Actually it's described as not particularly fast but peppy enough once you get it going. I don't know how they got the thing to the estimated 100mph crash speed. I don't believe that number. They could've been going 80, which is fast enough.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Vow of Silence » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm

guest wrote:
Toolbox wrote:Victims in fiery crash had just gotten car

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /19856423/

It was a Mercury Marauder, which I understand has police mechanical specs or, as my friend Elwood would describe it, "It's got a cop motor, ... It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks."

edit: I had heard that the Marauder was like a police car but a quick search suggests that's not exactly true. Apparently Ford modified a Marquis with parts from different sources; front suspension from the Police Interceptor and rear from something else or vice-versa, a Mustang engine, Crown Vic taillights, leather seats, floor mounted shifter, hotter transmission and axle, more dash gauges, etc. They didn't sell very many and Jalopnik thinks you should buy one. Cross to Car Talk.

Actually it's described as not particularly fast but peppy enough once you get it going. I don't know how they got the thing to the estimated 100mph crash speed. I don't believe that number. They could've been going 80, which is fast enough.

I liked the remarks from the family, like how could this have happened? How do you think it happened, damnit. Homeboy was driving screaming fast and crashed with enough force to rupture the tank or fuel lines. Nobody has ever had a fatal wreck by jumping a curb at 30 mph.
"..... .. .......... .... ..........."
Vow of Silence
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Vow of Silence wrote:I liked the remarks from the family, like how could this have happened? How do you think it happened, damnit. Homeboy was driving screaming fast and crashed with enough force to rupture the tank or fuel lines. Nobody has ever had a fatal wreck by jumping a curb at 30 mph.

There was another crash about two months ago. Two brothers, the oldest had just picked up his new Charger or Challenger, and they both died at the entrance to the Chrysler plant on Jefferson. There's a gradual curve but it's smooth and clean, has unobstructed sight lines, there's pretty much nothing to hit...how do you do that? Oh, yeah, get a hot new Chrysler muscle car. I could see getting one of those up to 100mph through there.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Amadeus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Did anybody else see the picture of this crash?

Police chase ends in deadly crash
9-year-old boy among 3 others injured
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/poli ... h/30233038

When they said the car was split in half, they aren't kidding. The back end lines up with front end.

Cross post to Crap Journalism, while we're at it though, for the description of the location: "It started on Warren near Outer Drive...The car wouldn't stop. He went 56 blocks to Corville (sic)."

Courville is only 2 blocks west of the crash site, so where did it start, for real?
“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby RoryKasel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Amadeus wrote:Did anybody else see the picture of this crash?

When they said the car was split in half, they aren't kidding. The back end lines up with front end.

Cross post to Crap Journalism, while we're at it though, for the description of the location: "It started on Warren near Outer Drive...The car wouldn't stop. He went 56 blocks to Corville (sic)."

Courville is only 2 blocks west of the crash site, so where did it start, for real?

West Warren and West Outer Drive?
RoryKasel
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Amadeus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:11 pm

RoryKasel wrote:
Amadeus wrote:Did anybody else see the picture of this crash?

West Warren and West Outer Drive?

Maybe, but then only one car was giving chase and allegedly not going over 53? Wouldn't they have called for back up and cut the guy off? Especially if he continued eastbound on Warren by Eastern Market, when it's one-way west.
“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby Amadeus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:05 pm

They upgraded the lights at Cadieux at Harper and at the freeway.

People don't fucking know to turn left on a fucking green arrow.
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby RoryKasel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:21 pm

RoryKasel
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby jmy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:16 pm

what. the. fuck.

Is there no road where and no time of day when traffic isn't a shit show?

I haven't commuted in a couple of weeks. Now that I'm back at it, I feel like I shouldn't leave the fucking house. In the past week, my 20-minute drive has taken at least an hour, no matter which road, no matter when I leave.

And the fucking idiots. Oh, the fucking idiots.

Yesterday, all traffic was merging left for an accident, and some skid-mark wannabe was perpendicular to the roadway fighting his way right.
My Goodness! What's going on? What's happening?
jmy
Original Hot Fudge Martyr

Postby The Fickle Finger » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:12 am

jmy wrote:what. the. fuck.

I haven't commuted in a couple of weeks. Now that I'm back at it, I feel like I shouldn't leave the fucking house. In the past week, my 20-minute drive has taken at least an hour, no matter which road, no matter when I leave.

Yesterday, all traffic was merging left for an accident, and some skid-mark wannabe was perpendicular to the roadway fighting his way right.

I have not commuted in a little under a year. My commute consists of walking into the computer room, and logging in. I do not make much money, relatively, but it is some extra cash.
The Fickle Finger
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby ldodger » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:46 am

I'm tired of all the waiting in traffic, the near-misses, and the idiots on the highway. I've started taking the SMART bus. It's not perfect, but at least I can read to and from work. Oh, and the people-watching is excellent.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Postby jmy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 pm

ldodger wrote:

I'm tired of all the waiting in traffic, the near-misses, and the idiots on the highway. I've started taking the SMART bus. It's not perfect, but at least I can read to and from work. Oh, and the people-watching is excellent.

I wish that were possible. My employer offers a great bus card discount. Door-to-door, it's at least four hours. If I want to walk a mile or so at either end, it's only two hours.
My Goodness! What's going on? What's happening?
jmy
Original Hot Fudge Martyr

Postby The Fickle Finger » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 pm

jmy wrote:
ldodger wrote:

I wish that were possible. My employer offers a great bus card discount. Door-to-door, it's at least four hours. If I want to walk a mile or so at either end, it's only two hours.

Taking a bike and placing it on the rack in front could shave some time off.
The Fickle Finger
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mulligan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:21 pm

The winter pothole yield is looking bountiful. Saw nice growth all along my travels this morning. Deep ones too -- should be a bumper spring crop.

I'm thinking if the sales tax vote were to be held in April it'd be a slam dunk. Having the vote in May allows an extra month of patching and a chance for amnesia to settle in. Tire stores will no doubt lobby against the proposal.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby guest » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:37 pm

State police: 87-year-old driver at fault for fiery I-94 tanker crash in Dearborn

Prob'ly distracted by his Jitterbug phone.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion