Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Hot Fudge Learn to Fucking Drive You Asshole

Postby RoryKasel » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:25 pm

The Beav wrote:Cross to Reporting Back:

Stopped at a light behind a minivan heading south on Hayes at Seymour. Minivan hesitates and then rolls through the light. At least he turned on his directional when he turned right on Troester.

I read your first sentence and almost asked how your nose was before I saw the rest.
RoryKasel
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:24 pm

OK, this has been driving me crazy for years. My usual daily drive takes me down Jefferson to where it becomes the Lodge, and at the intersection just before, at Griswold or whateverthefuck, everybody in the middle lane changes to the right. The way it should work is the second to the right lane can go straight to Cobo or up the Lodge, your choice, but in practice it seems that everybody, at least two out of three, decide that the center lane now becomes the right lane. If you're already in the right and you plan on maintaining the lane you better be on your game. Yes, there's a slight jog there but it's only like 10 degrees. It's not like on East Vernor where nothing lines up and it's anybody's guess. Not that complicated. God forbid you maintain your lane; someone will think you cut them off and they'll start honking and throwing fingers while chasing you up the Lodge to get point across to you. Of course there's the ones in the far left who suddenly decide that it follows into the center lane. It doesn't but being up against the curb on the left isn't enough of a clue. About one in three do this. Arrrrgh!!!

Apparently I'm not the only one aggravated by this. Today I saw that they painted dashed lines through the entire intersection. Like here's-your-lane-we-marked-it-out-now-see-if-you-can-fucking-stay-in-it-you-asshole. Maybe they have a lot of wrecks there I'm not seeing. Or maybe some other random frustrated person grabbed a bucket and brush and went to work in the middle of the night like when they painted up the fist, or The Fist, a few years back.

The lines will wear off soon enough and it'll be back to business as usual.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Craig » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:49 pm

^ Dudes who painted the fist are still set on correcting social injustice so this time they painted lines?

That's long been a jacked up intersection. Back when that corner was home I'd brave the crossing on foot from time to time to walk the riverfront and usually i'd just take it at a run because as often as not some jughead would do as described above. Worse yet were the mopes who'd just blow the light. I kept hoping that if I got hit that it would be Fieger or a Bernstein driving because I'd have sued them for every one of their ill-gotten dimes and then their wingtips.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Postby guest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:05 pm

On Jefferson, again, heading west to the Lodge and the traffic in the other direction is kind of backed up at the spot where the left lane westbound traffic turns into the underground garage or completes a U to go back east. A cop is on his PA "vehicle, turn left and drive", says it a few more times, gets on the siren, woop! woop! woop!, "drive east on Jefferson." After all that the person fails to move, like fucker I'm a gonna merge right and I don't give a shite for no cops. I'm only hoping the cop is pissed off enough and has the time to write it up.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:10 am

I've been working very hard to only think, not yell aloud, the title of this thread at my kid. Driver's training season out my way, you see, and I'm terrified.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Previous

Return to General Discussion