Reverend David Murray is a fucking idiot

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Reverend David Murray is a fucking idiot

Postby ldodger » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:36 pm

The entire Detroit School Board is stupid, but this guy deserves his own thread. He is both an embarrassment and a racist.

City of Detroit
Local news main: Detroit | Oakland | Wayne | Macomb | Michigan | Politics | Lottery
Posted: 9:14 p.m. Oct. 8, 2009
Detroit school board votes against backing $500M ballot measure
BY CHASTITY PRATT DAWSEY
FREE PRESS EDUCATION WRITER

The Detroit Board of Education voted tonight against supporting Proposal S, a $500.5-million ballot measure to build and renovate schools. Eight board members voted against supporting the measure; one abstained.

Detroiters will vote on Nov. 3. on the measure that will extend the current tax rate for an additional six years.

"Proposal S is a snake," board member Reverend David Murray said.

The vote came as the board is entangled in a separate lawsuit and power struggle with Robert Bobb, the state appointee who oversees the district’s budget and who proposed the bond.

In a separate presentation, the district’s chief financial officer reported to the school board that the district has overspent its budget so far this school year by more than $21 million.

Ricardo Kisner, chief financial officer for the district, said the district will have to bring spending in line during the remainder of the school year to make up for the overspending.

Accompanists who work in school music programs were recalled from layoff. Also, Bobb, the emergency financial manager, is considering recalling some counselors who were laid off. The changes that could mean cuts in other areas this school year.

Contact CHASTITY PRATT DAWSEY: 313-223-4537 or cpratt@freepress.com

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Postby gullycanyon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Ldodger, take my word for it: Murray actually is an idiot.

My wife went to high school with his sister, Litocompresto. My wife (then my girlfriend) & I worked, at WSU, with his brother, Methuselah.

Fuck no, I am not making up any of this, and I'm telling you those are some damaged humans, and I am willing to bet that "Reverend" is not a title, but the little apeshit-crazy motherfucker's first name.

Again: I am not kidding.
"Do What Thou Wilt" shall be the Whole of the Solid Block of Text.
As a ravine dweller I can confirm this.
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit

Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Postby gullycanyon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Think I'm bullshitting, or delusional?

G'head. Zabasearch the sister's name. You'll see.
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit

Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Re: Reverend David Murray is a fucking idiot

Postby The Conscience » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:02 am

Methuselah was the name of an Old Testament dude who lived to be 900 years old. Not sure the origin of Litocompresto. Chemistry lab?
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular

Re:

Postby middle aged female » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:43 pm

gullycanyon wrote:Think I'm bullshitting, or delusional?

Just a simple Google search got me this:
Wrong Litocompresto Murray? Search for others:

Litocompresto Murray

Add Litocompresto Murray as a friend|Send Litocompresto Murray a message|View Litocompresto Murray's friends
Here are some of Litocompresto Murray's friends:

The really funny part is the first line
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Re: Re:

Postby ldodger » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:26 pm

middle aged female wrote:

Litocompresto Murray

Add Litocompresto Murray as a friend|Send Litocompresto Murray a message|View Litocompresto Murray's friends

These folks need to stop procreating.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Re: Re:

Postby The Beav » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:17 pm

ldodger wrote:
middle aged female wrote:

Litocompresto Murray

These folks need to stop procreating.

...and breathing.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Andy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:44 am

Murray said Bobb and the board may have to come together. "If people put aside their anger on both sides and say, 'Let's work together,' we can do this. And that's my goal to push that agenda," Murray said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20091030/N ... vote-nears

The anger is all on your side bro.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby gullycanyon » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:17 am

Got a thing from AFSCME, or however the fuck that acronym is arranged, which names that little mutant geek as one of the candidates they are endorsing.
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit

Postby Steve Yzerman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:59 am

All you need to know about Detroiters, and the seriousness with which many of them approach things like life and their children's education, is in this line:

The embattled Detroit Pub­lic Schools Board of Education lost two incumbents in Tues­day’s race for four at-large seats, according to unofficial results.

The three leading vote-get­ters were former state Rep. La­mar Lemmons and incumbents Ida Short and Reverend David Murray with 100% of votes counted.

Newcomer Carol Banks, a City Council policy analyst, with 13% of the votes, edged in­cumbent Margaret Betts, with 12%, and handily defeated in­cumbent Marie Thornton, who had 11% of the votes.
Steve Yzerman
Hot Fudge List Maker

Postby The Beav » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 am

“It's something about politics wanting to starve education at all levels, probably because educated people tend to vote rationally. An uneducated electorate is easier to manipulate.”

This quote was sent to staff email this morning. Supposedly gleaned from a teacher training discussion board.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Re:

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:37 am

Steve Yzerman wrote:All you need to know about Detroiters, and the seriousness with which many of them approach things like life and their children's education, is in this line:

The embattled Detroit Pub­lic Schools Board of Education lost two incumbents in Tues­day’s race for four at-large seats, according to unofficial results.

The three leading vote-get­ters were former state Rep. La­mar Lemmons and incumbents Ida Short and Reverend David Murray with 100% of votes counted.

Newcomer Carol Banks, a City Council policy analyst, with 13% of the votes, edged in­cumbent Margaret Betts, with 12%, and handily defeated in­cumbent Marie Thornton, who had 11% of the votes.

In fairness to Detroit voters, the school board is essentially gelded at this point. Detroit could elect Mickey Mouse and Hitler to the school board for all it matters.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Steve Yzerman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:00 am

True, but the vote still has some symbolic value. There's no excuse for even a neutered, powerless Reverend David Murray being voted into anything.
Steve Yzerman
Hot Fudge List Maker

Postby jmy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 am

When honest people step up to the plate and offer another choice, maybe things will change.

Here's a plate of shit, and here's another plate of shit: Which would you like to eat?
My Goodness! What's going on? What's happening?
jmy
Original Hot Fudge Martyr

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:08 am

jmy wrote:When honest people step up to the plate and offer another choice, maybe things will change.

Here's a plate of shit, and here's another plate of shit: Which would you like to eat?

And to some extent, Detroit voters did that last night with the Council vote. Time will tell if this new group is any better but I doubt they'll sing old spirituals about a convention center.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Next

Return to General Discussion