Postby middle aged female » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:12 am

The raccoon return to Clawson.

Picture kind of sucks; lighting was bad
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Re: signs of spring

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:52 am

Toolbox wrote:
gravitymachine wrote:I heard the mating call of a couple of sportbikes this evening

The cockpunchers on Harley's are polluting my area with unneeded exhaust and sound system noise. I don't know if those bikes have a linear throttle or if it is just an on and off switch.

They looked mostly like touring bikes but there were about a half dozen of them in Elizabeth Park yesterday. Still have yet to spot a crotch rocket this year.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Andy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:31 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Toolbox wrote:
gravitymachine wrote:I heard the mating call of a couple of sportbikes this evening

The cockpunchers on Harley's are polluting my area with unneeded exhaust and sound system noise. I don't know if those bikes have a linear throttle or if it is just an on and off switch.

They looked mostly like touring bikes but there were about a half dozen of them in Elizabeth Park yesterday. Still have yet to spot a crotch rocket this year.

I've heard just a few so far. It appears as though it's supposed to be nice and warm on Saturday. That should open up the floodgates.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby middle aged female » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

Andy wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Toolbox wrote:

I've heard just a few so far. It appears as though it's supposed to be nice and warm on Saturday. That should open up the floodgates.

Close to 70° today; they'll be zordlocking up and down I75
middle aged female

Postby guest » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Saw a group of crotch rockets at a light yesterday but I've yet to hear them. You know, the sound at 2AM of someone screaming up through their gears getting louder as they get closer while I hope against hope to hear an impact, crunching metal, and a sudden silence.

The only thing worse is the bicyclists. I'm not talking about the random ones out for a spin or the poor guy who rides because he can't afford a car, but the groups who dress up in spandex and take up two lanes while blowing lights en masse and yelling at any car that dares pass them. Seriously, fuck those assholes.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby D-Day » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:59 pm

guest wrote:Saw a group of crotch rockets at a light yesterday but I've yet to hear them. You know, the sound at 2AM of someone screaming up through their gears getting louder as they get closer while I hope against hope to hear an impact, crunching metal, and a sudden silence.

The only thing worse is the bicyclists. I'm not talking about the random ones out for a spin or the poor guy who rides because he can't afford a car, but the groups who dress up in spandex and take up two lanes while blowing lights en masse and yelling at any car that dares pass them. Seriously, fuck those assholes.

You mean the guys that show up in their manSpanx and USPS shirts at an advertised slow tour and then do nothing but bitch the whole time and then tell you how much better it could be if you only accommodate their needs and screw everyone?

Yeah, seriously fuck those guys......
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby middle aged female » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 am

True Green Chemlawn is spreading their poison on my neighbor's lawn during a high wind warning.
Isn't that just fucking ducky. Now all that shit is going to be blowing all over my dogs when they're outside.
middle aged female

Postby guest » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:02 pm

...because I can't find the Signs of Permanent Disability or Imminent Death thread -

I saw a headline about a MC crash on Jefferson. Wonder where that was...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2-mo ... ferson-ave

Oh, look, it was right in front of my house.

I like how he had his helmet handy, just in case it's needed. It's called forward thinking.

All summer long I hear them winding it out at night, first from a great distance and then closer and closer. I wait for that wham and splat but am usually disappointed. I was working midnights when this went down.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:50 pm

guest wrote:...

All summer long I hear them winding it out at night, first from a great distance and then closer and closer. I wait for that wham and splat but am usually disappointed. I was working midnights when this went down.

Up my way the crotch rockets are outnumbered by the Harley crowd, the loud-pipes gang who can be described as fat Ernest Hemingway/Kenny Rogers/Chris Kristofferson look-alikes dressed up like pirates. Most summer nights you cannot help but hear them out on the main drag, revving and generally being obnoxious, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there is a part of me that has grown to strain to hear -wants to hear- a crash and sudden end to the hijinks. Have fun, you know, but don't involve my peace & quiet in your narcicissism.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Toolbox » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:22 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
guest wrote:...

Up my way the crotch rockets are outnumbered by the Harley crowd, the loud-pipes gang who can be described as fat Ernest Hemingway/Kenny Rogers/Chris Kristofferson look-alikes dressed up like pirates. Most summer nights you cannot help but hear them out on the main drag, revving and generally being obnoxious, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there is a part of me that has grown to strain to hear -wants to hear- a crash and sudden end to the hijinks. Have fun, you know, but don't involve my peace & quiet in your narcicissism.

I will not miss the fake bikers on loud pipes gang when we move from 14 Mile and Rochester. I just want to throw bricks at those fuckers! I too long for a crash or a motor going int yard sale mode on the pavement.

RO did just implement a new noise ordinance because of the loud pipes bunch, it is now a CI and $500 the first offence.
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Vow of Silence » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:45 pm

described as fat Ernest Hemingway/Kenny Rogers/Chris Kristofferson look-alikes dressed up like pirates.

"..... .. .......... .... ..........."
Vow of Silence
Hot Fudge Regular

Previous

Return to General Discussion