signs of spring

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: signs of spring

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Spring, 2013: inordinate amount of dead coons along the freeway, and dead rabbits on the surface streets.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby ldodger » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Spring, 2013: inordinate amount of dead coons along the freeway, and dead rabbits on the surface streets.

Opossums, too.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
ldodger
Hot Fudge Demented Old Woman

Postby D-Day » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 pm

My grass is growing. Apparently, it didn't get the memo that the lawn mower is on strike
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Roquefort Robert » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 pm

D-Day wrote:My grass is growing. Apparently, it didn't get the memo that the lawn mower is on strike

What are her demands?
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby Random Douchebag » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:41 am

Roquefort Robert wrote:
D-Day wrote:My grass is growing. Apparently, it didn't get the memo that the lawn mower is on strike

What are her demands?

Manscaping reference?
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman

Postby middle aged female » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 am

ldodger wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Spring, 2013: inordinate amount of dead coons along the freeway, and dead rabbits on the surface streets.

Opossums, too.

My neighbors had a huge live possum on their porch the other day. I watched it climb the fence and waddle up their steps to go and sit on their porch and eat.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby guest » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Two swans in the lagoon by Scott Fountain, one was trying to drown the other and, no, wait, they were just making love. Never mind. Who knew that birds humped?

cross to HFD Get a Room You Two
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Mud Bug » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:56 pm

guest wrote:Who knew that birds humped?

C'mon, everything humps. You must be kidding or you slept through 9th grade science class.

Birds aren't very romantic about it, generally (although swans and sandhill cranes do have a ritual foreplay dance they engage in). In most cases, birds collide and bump their common orifices. DNA material transfers and fertilization occurs. It's over within a second and to us earthbound bipeds it looks like two birds simply flew into each other....
Mud Bug
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Mud Bug wrote:

C'mon, everything humps. You must be kidding or you slept through 9th grade science class.

Birds aren't very romantic about it, generally (although swans and sandhill cranes do have a ritual foreplay dance they engage in). In most cases, birds collide and bump their common orifices. DNA material transfers and fertilization occurs. It's over within a second and to us earthbound bipeds it looks like two birds simply flew into each other....

Up my way many of the ponds are still covered in ice. It's been getting better, but still they're covered. Spotted recently on several ponds are cranes, just standing on the ice looking underwhelmed, as in "I migrated all that way for 'this?'" Sandhill cranes? Dunno, but expect that whatever they are they will be hungry soon.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby guest » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Mud Bug wrote: You must be kidding or you slept through 9th grade science class.

My recollections from that class include (1) the first day with the teacher passing around a not particularly interesting rock and then announcing, after everybody had handled it, that it was a fossilized dinosaur turd and (2) a film, which I'm pretty certain took place in the back of a police car, of a woman giving birth, red bush and placenta and all, followed by the prettiest girl in the class announcing that she would never have children. I think she reneged on that resolution, or maybe she adopted.

...to us earthbound bipeds it looks like two birds simply flew into each other....

Or one trying to drown the other.
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Saw my first pulverized squirrel of 2014 along Jefferson in downtown Trenton this afternoon.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Catfish Jim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:24 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Saw my first pulverized squirrel of 2014 along Jefferson in downtown Trenton this afternoon.

Jefferson and what street? I can be there in five minuts.

Usully I have to pound the hell of them with a wood mallet but the roadies are nice and tenderised.
Catfish Jim
Worst HFD character ever

Postby gravitymachine » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:56 pm

I heard the mating call of a couple of sportbikes this evening
gravitymachine
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: she'll go 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene

Postby Sterile Whites 48313 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Mud Bug wrote:

Frank?
Just another run of the mill suburban white devil, with an "Assault" weapon. Molon Labe.
Sterile Whites 48313
Hot Fudge Vagatarian

Postby Toolbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:50 am

gravitymachine wrote:I heard the mating call of a couple of sportbikes this evening

The cockpunchers on Harley's are polluting my area with unneeded exhaust and sound system noise. I don't know if those bikes have a linear throttle or if it is just an on and off switch.
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion