Opening and Closing

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Opening and Closing

Postby The Beav » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Fox 2 was interviewing the beef-a-roni who had been camping out since 10pm the night before to be one of the first 100 through the door to get a card for a free sammich for a week all year. Sheesh. Lots of Trump supporters and Reverend David Murray voters.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:06 pm

The Beav wrote:Fox 2 was interviewing the beef-a-roni who had been camping out since 10pm the night before to be one of the first 100 through the door to get a card for a free sammich for a week all year. Sheesh. Lots of Trump supporters and Reverend David Murray voters.

Not that any of the morons waiting in line would know, but it's not even that great of a sandwich. It's a fucking corned beef on rye with fries piled in between the bread. Yawn.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Toolbox » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:02 pm

The Beav wrote: Sheesh. Lots of Trump supporters and Reverend David Murray voters.

So, Chuck was there....
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Toolbox wrote:
The Beav wrote: Sheesh. Lots of Trump supporters and Reverend David Murray voters.

So, Chuck was there....

That would have been awesome if he got interviewed.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby middle aged female » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:30 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
The Beav wrote:Fox 2 was interviewing the beef-a-roni who had been camping out since 10pm the night before to be one of the first 100 through the door to get a card for a free sammich for a week all year. Sheesh. Lots of Trump supporters and Reverend David Murray voters.

Not that any of the morons waiting in line would know, but it's not even that great of a sandwich. It's a fucking corned beef on rye with fries piled in between the bread. Yawn.

Not even rye; they showed the "signature" sandwich and it was "any meat you want" piled not-very-high on fucking squishy white italian bread about 2 inches thick with lettuce, tomato, a handful of fries and some kind of mayo-like shit. I wouldn't drive to Ferndale for that let alone Taylor. Oh, and they're opening another branch in Novi next month. So you can get lined up for free sandwiches again then.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:45 am

OK, so call me an apostate or just a big fat slob, but there are times that I really like the big food option. Tony's, up 75, isn't one of them, but some of the local giant-portion offerings seem fun like the 48 oz steaks in Texas that you get free if you can eat the whole damn thing. Yes, I know the difference between quality and quantity, but sometimes just laying into as much of something as can be stood is great, like Thanksgiving turkey or grilling hot dogs and drinking beer around a campfire after a long day of swimming or hiking. Food can be a real pleasure, and I don't have a problem with myself or anyone else going ape with the occasional outrageous indulgence.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Vow of Silence » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:27 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:OK, so call me an apostate or just a big fat slob, but there are times that I really like the big food option.

"..... .. .......... .... ..........."
Vow of Silence
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby middle aged female » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:25 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:OK, so call me an apostate or just a big fat slob, but there are times that I really like the big food option. Tony's, up 75, isn't one of them, but some of the local giant-portion offerings seem fun like the 48 oz steaks in Texas that you get free if you can eat the whole damn thing. Yes, I know the difference between quality and quantity, but sometimes just laying into as much of something as can be stood is great, like Thanksgiving turkey or grilling hot dogs and drinking beer around a campfire after a long day of swimming or hiking. Food can be a real pleasure, and I don't have a problem with myself or anyone else going ape with the occasional outrageous indulgence.

I have no problem with "big" food; I just want it to taste like good food
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby guest » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:42 pm

saw a headline today - the Heidelberg Project will be coming down

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainmen ... /88626738/

cross to TLDR
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Shark » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Seeing some social media saying that Jacoby's is done after Saturday. Anyone know if they're just selling it to a new owner or if it's gone for good?
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Beav » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Shark wrote:Seeing some social media saying that Jacoby's is done after Saturday. Anyone know if they're just selling it to a new owner or if it's gone for good?

If I heard some rumors and remember them correctly, it's being bought by the folks who own Legends. Something like that.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:30 pm

The Beav wrote:
Shark wrote:Seeing some social media saying that Jacoby's is done after Saturday. Anyone know if they're just selling it to a new owner or if it's gone for good?

If I heard some rumors and remember them correctly, it's being bought by the folks who own Legends. Something like that.

Does that mean anything: good, bad, or benign? Jacoby's isn't the cat's ass but it's good enough that I've driven people down from way up here to experience it. Hate to see it implode.

Postby Toolbox » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:54 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:
The Beav wrote:

Does that mean anything: good, bad, or benign? Jacoby's isn't the cat's ass but it's good enough that I've driven people down from way up here to experience it. Hate to see it implode.

Probably means titty bar.
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby meme » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:26 am

meme
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:57 pm

A poor second to Xoci's. I only went in when the line across the street was out the door. It was OK but nothing that would draw me in.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion