Three People You Couldn't Party With No Matter What

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Three People You Couldn't Party With No Matter What

Postby D-Day » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:21 pm

middle aged female wrote:Django
Sumas
'nerd

I shudder just thinking about it.

Good God, think I would rather be beheaded by ISIS than sit at a bar with hat crew
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby Andy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:20 am

D-Day wrote:
Tea Bag wrote:
Andy wrote:
Mud Bug wrote:Dave and Chuck the Freak listeners
Doug Podell
Lauren Podell

I knew I saw her name in this thread somewhere. It was worth going through and re-reading it all.

I've been hate watching Local 4's morning show for a while now. So terrible.

I'm still amazed she didn't get canned for her F-bomb incident.

Would this be from about the time that WF started there?

Is it me or do morning show hosts talk to us like we're 4th graders?

And if they couldn't laugh, the show would last 7 minutes.

I'll watch Rhonda Walker exercise though. Nothing wrong with that.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby higgs1634 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:59 am

Andy wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Tea Bag wrote:
Andy wrote:
Doug Podell
Lauren Podell

I knew I saw her name in this thread somewhere. It was worth going through and re-reading it all.

I'll cut the local semi pro teams some slack for having to fill time with stupid banter. The worst offender in my opinion is the Today show when they do that stupid "orange room" shit where Carson Dailey reads tweets. Just another of the small daily reminders that we're essentially living in the ruins of a once great civilization.
higgs1634
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby pdtpuck » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

higgs1634 wrote:
Andy wrote:
D-Day wrote:
Tea Bag wrote:
Andy wrote:
Doug Podell
Lauren Podell

I'll cut the local semi pro teams some slack for having to fill time with stupid banter. The worst offender in my opinion is the Today show when they do that stupid "orange room" shit where Carson Dailey reads tweets. Just another of the small daily reminders that we're essentially living in the ruins of a once great civilization.

That Carson Daly exists as a celebrity is proof enough of that.
"Microbiology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Postby Putski » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Michigan rockers Kid Rock, Ted Nugent meet and dine with Donald Trump

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainmen ... 100691036/
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Toolbox » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Putski wrote:Michigan rockers Kid Rock, Ted Nugent meet and dine with Donald Trump

They should take their hats off indoors....
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby middle aged female » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Toolbox wrote:
Putski wrote:Michigan rockers Kid Rock, Ted Nugent meet and dine with Donald Trump

What do you expect from two rednecks and an Alaskan hillbilly?
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby guest » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Toolbox wrote:

You know that, I know that, but (1) the hats are part of Nuge and Kid's schtick and (2) they may not know that. Whatever, I find it ironic that the New York Times and other liberal outlets are upset over people going blue collar casual for once.

Hey, did I ever tell you about my lunch with Kid Rock?
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby middle aged female » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:01 pm

I honestly don't mind Kid Rock that much; it's those other two...
I've hated Nugent with a white hot passion ever since he adopted a teenager so he could have sex with her.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 am

Really more like a hundred or so people I won't be partying with even if I wanted to.

Doucheline Detroit has a write-up about another White Party.

Hundreds of invited Detroiters participated in the city's seventh annual dreess-in-white event Sunday.

I underlined the 'invited' to emphasize that neither you nor I will ever be a part of this fuckfest, and I'm reminded of a story a neighbor and his girlfriend told me. They were sitting down by the river with their gin and tonics, we have a little lawn/park area, and a bus pulled up and a bunch of people in white disembarked and a man came up and told them they had to go. Keep in mind that they lived there and nothing was said about reserving the lawn for an event. These things are allowed, weddings or whatever, but hopefully the association is using a little more discretion after that experience. They said that the co-owner responsible for this faux pas did apologize and I don't know if it's the same woman who thought it was a good idea to bring in foster girls to ghettoize the building each summer (she stopped that, praise Jebus).

Hydroplane races next weekend, which means we'll be swarmed with guests who will tear up the building. One year they broke the glass door to the river entrance. Things I've witnessed include a child removing a spike from the wrought iron fence and dropping it in the river, in full view of her parents (I guess we had extras because it was replaced), and another little shit factory pushing every button on the elevator, again if full view of his parents who said nothing. I'll admit I did the same thing in a hotel elevator when I was a child but I knew enough to make sure neither my parents nor other adults were riding with me. It's just as well that I've arranged to work those days because it annoys me to stand there and listen to people disrespect Detroit. Yeah, I know it's a shithole but I'm living here and you're just visiting so shut up. God knows what I would have seen or heard if I wasn't working all the time. Some of you know what I do. People are better behaved here at the mine, even if I have to strap them down and chemically restrain them.

Back to other things we won't be invited to which include any private or society event at the DIA or MOCAD museums. I'm sure they all have impeccable liberal credentials but these fuckers really don't want to be bothered by the commoners they aggressively champion, although they'll be plenty happy if y'all decide to become members (and pay for it).

I think the last time I visited the DIA was to look at their big Rothko painting after I read a book about how the painter's agent and advisers conspired to rip him and his heirs off through a complicated conspiracy of false sales to themselves and other parties. (It's fascinating, look it up.) They didn't say I couldn't come into the museum per se, but I was blocked from the Rivera Court because they were having a wedding and the photographer was staging a picture which involved the wedding party running towards the camera. I took a picture of the picture taking, only flashes and tripods are not allowed so I wasn't doing anything wrong unlike the official photographer who used a flash, and when I turned away I heard an angry "excuse me!" as if some c-word wanted to confront me but I just kept walking. My picture turned out like crap, as I'm sure hers did. Seriously, fuck these people (but in her defense I know that in Hell I will be wedding photographer just like she is here on Earth so she's already paying her dues). I've encountered a few DIA docents in my work and they all know as much about art as a dog. A euthanized dog. I've read that the new director is pushing current themes by local artist but it all seems to be heavy on racial/political topics and frankly, Scarlett, I can't give a flying fuck.

MOCAD is another story. Sponsored by Denise Illitch, Julia Taubman and others who if they could be bothered to take a shit on you would hire someone to do it. The idea was that admission was a 'voluntary' $5 contribution which may or may have not become mandatory by this time (I think the original plan was to eventually charge money for everybody whether they felt charitable or not). I don't know, the asking was enough to sour me on that place but I've been there a couple or three times. Things remembered include the little room where you could watch a video loop of leaves falling off a tree slowly one by one. Really? I can't even sit still for an interesting movie, let alone this. My favorite had to be the big room full of billboard-like paintings on big surfaces constructed of laminated 4 x 4's. The first weird thing about it all was that credit was given to the artists who dreamed each piece up and also to the technicians who executed the actual paintings. One board was a replication of the newspaper page reporting the infamous Ford Motor / UAW encounter on the overpass where they whupped ass on Walter Reuther. It was well enough executed and I can see the cultural significance in that, but another one, well, not so much. It was about an issue of pressing social importance which turned out to be the battle for a $15/hr wage at McDonald's. Oh yeah, that's something they'll be remembering in a hundred years. I'm really not making this up. It was fitting that it was the last thing to be seen so, if any previous piece was of some value, everybody would leave shaking their heads and thinking "are these fucking hipsters serious?" Most everything else I've seen there was also pretty silly, with a few exceptions.

Thinking about it, it's really just as well that I'm excluded from these events. My type would just make trouble for everybody (which they probably know).
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Craig » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

^I have a friend who is mistress in charge of patrons at DIA. She is awesome in real life: fun and intelligent. But on the job she's like Cato Kaelin, ever energetic and supportive of the very deep pockets. They dont, but they should pay her a commission off of what the charges donate.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Previous

Return to General Discussion