Three People You Couldn't Party With No Matter What

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Three People You Couldn't Party With No Matter What

Postby The Beav » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:43 am

Just when you thought stupid pretentiousness couldn't get anymore stupid or pretentious.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby middle aged female » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:30 pm

The Beav wrote:Just when you thought stupid pretentiousness couldn't get anymore stupid or pretentious.

What I don't understand is what any of this has to do with Christmas or the holy holidays of non-Christians. You can hang the Star of David and the Muslim moon and star over the Manger for all I care, but this doesn't have any kind of roots in the season. Put it up for Halloween or Samhain or All Souls Day and I have no issue with it but all this does is cause an uproar for no reason. It's just stupid.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Two kinds of satanists as I understand it. One group really believes that lucifer is the shit and worships him the way that any love their god. Lock up your babies and pets because they want to sacrifice them on a black alter. The other group is basically a cut of hedonism who really don't believe that there's anything supernatural or mysterious anywhere. They just don't want to be told what to do, and the prevalence of Christianity makes it an easy straw man, hence they make their point by adopting and promoting the symbolism that is antithetical to the mainstream that harshes their metaphorical buzz. Tbey just want to fuck whomever, feel unconstrained, and attack the heart of the world that they see as being square. No devil.. no satan. Just pretentious hipsters who have adapted the Marxist view of religion to become a party where dress-code is all black. Not an interesting crew once you get this deep into the background. Actually, the guys who really love satan are more interesting in a conversation.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby vlad the impaler » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:52 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Two kinds of satanists as I understand it. One group really believes that lucifer is the shit and worships him the way that any love their god. Lock up your babies and pets because they want to sacrifice them on a black alter. The other group is basically a cut of hedonism who really don't believe that there's anything supernatural or mysterious anywhere. They just don't want to be told what to do, and the prevalence of Christianity makes it an easy straw man, hence they make their point by adopting and promoting the symbolism that is antithetical to the mainstream that harshes their metaphorical buzz. Tbey just want to fuck whomever, feel unconstrained, and attack the heart of the world that they see as being square. No devil.. no satan. Just pretentious hipsters who have adapted the Marxist view of religion to become a party where dress-code is all black. Not an interesting crew once you get this deep into the background. Actually, the guys who really love satan are more interesting in a conversation.

Why, especially if you're not really sincere about it, would you toy with the whole notion of devil worship? Why not just call yourself Goth Hipsters Who Don't Give a Damn and leave it at that? Why make eternal damnation a certainty?

This particular group- who call themselves the Satanic Temple of Detroit but are probably a bunch of fine art grad students at CCS-- seem to really like the attention they are getting about their Christmas serpent on the Capitol lawn. Whatever. I can't help but think most of them will someday regret this little moment of devil promotion, like when they're inhaling their final breaths and can feel the presence of a dark and scaly being slithering ever closer.
vlad the impaler
Highly Appreciated and Valued

Postby vlad the impaler » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:59 pm

I've never met a "true" Satan worshipper, by the way. I can remember Anton Lavey on the talk shows back in the 80s and hearing Sammy Davis Jr. was a Satanist, but the true believers seem pretty few and far between these days. Marilyn Manson claims he worships Satan but what else is he going to say?

If you were to ask if I knew people who dabbled in silly bullshit like Tarot cards and Neo-hippie paganism, now that I can answer yes.
vlad the impaler

Postby Tea Bag » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 pm

guest wrote:
I dunno, it's at least one boob that's as big as most any two, but it's quite certain that she and the guy on the left are the same person.

They are the same person indeed. Just like the middle two (Mr. Folded Hands is simply slouching). Even the bookend couple are the same person...!

Anyone here ever listen to the Bob Duko show on WMUZ 103.5? He talks about this shit all time: how the Devil is a shape-shifter who uses magic to trick people into thinking he's two devils, one of his little imps are ten little imps, etc. This is proof before our very eyes.
Tea Bag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby guest » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:35 pm

vlad the impaler wrote: Marilyn Manson claims he worships Satan but what else is he going to say?

I recently read Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography, cross to Good Reads and Things That Are Funny as Hell Until People Start Dying, and he wrote that he couldn't understand why people thought he was a Satanist. He's no Satanist. Um, maybe one less song about black masses and Aleister Crowley would've had me believing him.

I'll leave with a Separated at Birth for studded leather jacket guy -

Hot Fudge Poor Dentition

Postby Tea Bag » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Leather Jacket man looks more like Tim Burton than anyone else. Other than Tiny Tim.

To his left is a Satanic Ninja.

Left again: spawn of Andy Worhol.

For some reason, left next is speaking Christina Ricci to me.

Ryan Seacrest at the end.
Tea Bag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby thunderstruck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:53 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:Two kinds of satanists as I understand it. One group really believes that lucifer is the shit and worships him the way that any love their god. Lock up your babies and pets because they want to sacrifice them on a black alter. The other group is basically a cut of hedonism who really don't believe that there's anything supernatural or mysterious anywhere. They just don't want to be told what to do, and the prevalence of Christianity makes it an easy straw man, hence they make their point by adopting and promoting the symbolism that is antithetical to the mainstream that harshes their metaphorical buzz. Tbey just want to fuck whomever, feel unconstrained, and attack the heart of the world that they see as being square. No devil.. no satan. Just pretentious hipsters who have adapted the Marxist view of religion to become a party where dress-code is all black. Not an interesting crew once you get this deep into the background. Actually, the guys who really love satan are more interesting in a conversation.

I think there's another few kinds which often cross-pollinate and they're probably the most numerous sort. I would term them the "Look at me", "Still trying to piss off Mom and Dad" and "Losing at the game of life" type.

There was an episode of "Wife Swap", I think, where the evangelical mom switched places with the wiccan mom. The wiccan family seemed to have a "screwed over by world" chip on their shoulder mixed with a healthy dose of social awkwardness. Wicca was their soft place to land along with the rest of the misfit toys. Wiccans, Satanists, renaissance fair types, redneck samurai sword collectors, most seem to be just versions of ill-fitting dorks trying to find a group that will accept them as they come.
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby vlad the impaler » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I would add Insane Clown Posse to the list of clubs for losers.
vlad the impaler

Postby thunderstruck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:53 pm

vlad the impaler wrote:I would add Insane Clown Posse to the list of clubs for losers.

Exactalackaly.

And where ever DNerd feels most at home.
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Amadeus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Tea Bag wrote:Image

One-Boob looks like one of the American Idol local contestants from last year, Jenna Irene.

“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Flippin' Anton Levay. At a job back in the 90s our HR person or something was a fat, black-clad, goateed Anton Levay look-alike. So much did he resemble him that I referred to him as Anton, even when face-to-face, and the fact that he didn't object and even seemed to like the noteriety confirmed what reaction he had hoped to get. Who knows if he wanted to commune with the dark one or if he just liked goth bullshit, but I had the feeling that I'd made his day by drawing the obscure connection.

What causes me to chuckle lo these many years later is getting away with giving someone an edgy nickname in the workplace. Today, I think, the story would be different, but in the days when bosses were still smoking in the corner office evidently some things could still slide. Of course the labor market was a lot tighter then, and employers maybe had to take what they could get, including dolts from Brightmoor Heights without marketing degrees.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby Mad Max » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:57 pm

The satanists had a booth at one of the festivals over the summer. They had a list of goals they wanted to achieve. The ones that I remember were marriage equality and free healthcare for the whole nation. I figured it was just a prank put on by some college republicans.
Mad Max
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mad Max » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Now Tesco Vee of The Meatmen is jumping on the bandwagon. I think I read somewhere that the guy is a public school teacher in the Lansing area, is married, and has a kid.
Mad Max
Hot Fudge Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion