Three People You Couldn't Party With No Matter What

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Three People You Couldn't Party With No Matter What

Postby Stosh Kielbasa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Mad Max wrote:Image

Now Tesco Vee of The Meatmen is jumping on the bandwagon. I think I read somewhere that the guy is a public school teacher in the Lansing area, is married, and has a kid.

Just pathetic, really. I believe that next year some animal sacrifice would be in order.

Just Kidding, of course. But that's all shock value for the Satanists. I'm not so sure that they really ARE Satanists, to be honest with you.

I'd be happy with a simple display of a banner that says "Reason" on the Capital lawn. That works for me. Of course that is one thing they DON'T do there.
Niech żyje reinkarnacja!
Stosh Kielbasa
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby thunderstruck » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 am

Stosh Kielbasa wrote:

Now Tesco Vee of The Meatmen is jumping on the bandwagon. I think I read somewhere that the guy is a public school teacher in the Lansing area, is married, and has a kid.

Just pathetic, really. I believe that next year some animal sacrifice would be in order.

Just Kidding, of course. But that's all shock value for the Satanists. I'm not so sure that they really ARE Satanists, to be honest with you.

I'd be happy with a simple display of a banner that says "Reason" on the Capital lawn. That works for me. Of course that is one thing they DON'T do there.

That photo looks like something that would be taken by a 13 year-old trying to find his individuality. The facial expression, the hand gestures, the t-shirt, everything but the gray hair says "I'm 13, won't someone pay attention to me!?"
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby pdtpuck » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:28 pm

thunderstruck wrote:
Stosh Kielbasa wrote:

That photo looks like something that would be taken by a 13 year-old trying to find his individuality. The facial expression, the hand gestures, the t-shirt, everything but the gray hair says "I'm 13, won't someone pay attention to me!?"

That's pretty much been TV's mantra his entire career.
"Microbiology is going to kill me."
pdtpuck
HFD NHL Beat Reporter

Postby Cuddles the Dead Bear » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Satanic group puts up display at Michigan Capitol

Cuddles the Dead Bear
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Amadeus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:10 pm

From the article in today's Detroit News, "Detroit activists: Why does firm sell breast milk?" http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/p ... /21699577/

“It’s troubling to see a corporation come into our community without engaging in a dialogue with the mothers from whom they wish to profit,” said Afrykayn Moon, president of Breastfeeding Mothers United.

Ms. Moon may be only one person, but her quote tells me she's got enough ego for 30 people, let alone 3.

Her quote makes it sound like this company is sneaking into women's bedrooms at night and draining their mammary glands while they sleep. In the real world, they pay the women, which would mean a dialogue is, in fact, occurring.
“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian

Postby D-Day » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Amadeus wrote:From the article in today's Detroit News, "Detroit activists: Why does firm sell breast milk?" http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/p ... /21699577/

“It’s troubling to see a corporation come into our community without engaging in a dialogue with the mothers from whom they wish to profit,” said Afrykayn Moon, president of Breastfeeding Mothers United.

Ms. Moon may be only one person, but her quote tells me she's got enough ego for 30 people, let alone 3.

Her quote makes it sound like this company is sneaking into women's bedrooms at night and draining their mammary glands while they sleep. In the real world, they pay the women, which would mean a dialogue is, in fact, occurring.

Two takeaways from this.
1. These "activists" keep Detroiters in poverty just as much as any "corporation"
2. If only logic could get as much attention in the media as "activism"
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 am

^the out-of-towners are paying women for the milk, so what's the problem? If there's no duress then there's no exploitation.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Postby middle aged female » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:^the out-of-towners are paying women for the milk, so what's the problem? If there's no duress then there's no exploitation.

Oh, for god's sake, my aunt used to sell breast milk about 75 yrs ago to a local hospital because she had too much and they didn't have enough. What is the big fucking deal?
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

Postby Toolbox » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:57 pm

frank - up in grand blanc wrote:^the out-of-towners are paying women for the milk, so what's the problem? If there's no duress then there's no exploitation.

The wife wished she knew about this when she was nursing. She had so much supply we gave it away to a few mothers and still had leftovers. The exploitation is that the Moon broad is not getting her cut of the action.
Toolbox
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Mud Bug wrote:Dave and Chuck the Freak listeners
Doug Podell
Lauren Podell

I knew I saw her name in this thread somewhere. It was worth going through and re-reading it all.

I've been hate watching Local 4's morning show for a while now. So terrible.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Tea Bag » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Andy wrote:
Doug Podell
Lauren Podell

I knew I saw her name in this thread somewhere. It was worth going through and re-reading it all.

I'm still amazed she didn't get canned for her F-bomb incident.
Tea Bag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby D-Day » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Tea Bag wrote:
Andy wrote:
Doug Podell
Lauren Podell

I'm still amazed she didn't get canned for her F-bomb incident.

Would this be from about the time that WF started there?
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby The Conscience » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:41 am

Jim Schwartz
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Tressel
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mulligan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:18 am

The Conscience wrote:Jim Schwartz
Jim Harbaugh
Jim Tressel

That wouldn't be a relaxing get-together.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby middle aged female » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:20 am

Django
Sumas
'nerd

I shudder just thinking about it.
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion