Hotfudge Irony???

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Hotfudge Irony???

Postby Jal » Tue May 15, 2007 1:20 pm

TV reporter dies covering I-85 wreck

Associated Press

Published on: 05/15/07

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — A Greenville television reporter has died after he was struck by a vehicle while covering a wreck here, authorities said.

Joe Loy, assignment editor at WHNS Fox 21, died about 25 minutes after he was hit along the shoulder of Interstate 85 near the I-26 exit around 6 p.m. Monday, the Spartanburg County Coroner's Office said.

Loy, 58, had been sent to cover the wreck of a lumber truck in the southbound lanes, WHNS reported on its Web site.

Loy was standing between a sports utility vehicle owned by the station and a guardrail on the right side of the highway when the SUV was struck by a van, Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Kathy Hiles said.

The driver of the van, Bocar Phiam of Brooklyn, N.Y., was in the far left lane of I-85 when a red pickup weaving in and out of traffic cut him off, Hiles said.

Phiam swerved and lost control of the van, which crossed three lanes and hit the news vehicle, Hiles said.

The pickup truck did not stop, and troopers are asking anyone with information about the truck to call them, Hiles said.

Phiam was hurt, but his injuries did not appear to be life threatening, troopers said.

A woman answering the phone at WHNS said officials at the station did not want to talk about the wreck.

Loy worked for the station since it went on the air in 1999 and was a volunteer firefighter, according to a story on WHNS' Web site.

"Joe was a dad, a grandfather, a husband and our dear friend. Joe Loy will be missed," read the final sentences of the story.

Loy served as president of the South Carolina Associated Press Broadcasters in 2004 and 2005.

He previously had worked for WSPA-TV in Spartanburg and WIS-TV in Columbia.

Found this on AJC.com. I know this is not "Detroit-related." But, irony is a bitch...
Jal
Hot Fudge Wonder Woman

Re: Hotfudge Irony???

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue May 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Jal wrote:

Associated Press

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — A Greenville television reporter has died after he was struck by a vehicle while covering a wreck here, authorities said.

Joe Loy, assignment editor at WHNS Fox 21, died about 25 minutes after he was hit along the shoulder of Interstate 85 near the I-26 exit around 6 p.m. Monday, the Spartanburg County Coroner's Office said.

Loy, 58, had been sent to cover the wreck of a lumber truck in the southbound lanes, WHNS reported on its Web site.

Loy was standing between a sports utility vehicle owned by the station and a guardrail on the right side of the highway when the SUV was struck by a van, Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Kathy Hiles said.

The driver of the van, Bocar Phiam of Brooklyn, N.Y., was in the far left lane of I-85 when a red pickup weaving in and out of traffic cut him off, Hiles said.

Phiam swerved and lost control of the van, which crossed three lanes and hit the news vehicle, Hiles said.

The pickup truck did not stop, and troopers are asking anyone with information about the truck to call them, Hiles said.

Phiam was hurt, but his injuries did not appear to be life threatening, troopers said.

A woman answering the phone at WHNS said officials at the station did not want to talk about the wreck.

Loy worked for the station since it went on the air in 1999 and was a volunteer firefighter, according to a story on WHNS' Web site.

"Joe was a dad, a grandfather, a husband and our dear friend. Joe Loy will be missed," read the final sentences of the story.

Loy served as president of the South Carolina Associated Press Broadcasters in 2004 and 2005.

Found this on AJC.com. I know this is not "Detroit-related." But, irony is a bitch...

If only a piece of sheet metal, turned into a death frisbee by high wind, would've divided Anderson Cooper during Hurricane Katrina.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Re: Hotfudge Irony???

Postby davecat » Tue May 15, 2007 2:23 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Jal wrote:

Associated Press

If only a piece of sheet metal, turned into a death frisbee by high wind, would've divided Anderson Cooper during Hurricane Katrina.

I think he strained his neck trying to suck his own dick after that week.
Clearly if I had the needs and funding I would surely invest here and become the change Detroit needs.
davecat
Hot Fudge Riesling Connoisseur

Postby Andy » Wed May 16, 2007 10:51 am

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 173
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 10:24 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill "LAME" BEER is a punk has always been a punk & will always be a punk with no class.
My fondest memory of little Billy was the 1979 NCAA's when State kicked the crap out of Billy & Notre Dame- Every time Magic & the Spartans scored LAME-Beer would be crying-what a supreme wuss!!!
That stunt Isiah & the rest of PISS head Pistons pulled walking off the floor was cheap low & classless like they were. They might have been 1989 & 1990 NBA champs but no class no class!
To draw a parallel, Even Ted Lindsay shook hands with the Montreal Canadians in the 1950's even though he was quoted: I hate them so much I'd play em for free! "

Holding a grudge against a guy and his teammates holding a grudge?
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Thu May 24, 2007 8:59 am

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5906
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 9:42 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What this article have to do with Detroit? So far there are no other sources that like a Chicago based company to develop homes, lofts and condos to our ghettohoods.

The article and your thread is NON SEQUITUR!
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:21 pm

Detroit police are investigating the death of a 45-year-old man who was run over by his lawnmower Wednesday while cutting the grass at a Detroit city park.

Detroit city spokesman James Canning said the man was a seasonal worker with General Services Department and was cutting the grass at Eliza Howell Park on the city's west side. The worker was identified as Tony Harris. Canning said Harris had been employed by the city for the past four years, but this was his first year actually cutting grass.

Harris' sister, Rachelle King, said Harris' wife and other family members were notified about 2:30 p.m.

Police said the man did not report back with his supervisor after his shift on Wednesday. The supervisor came to check on him and found him ejected from the lawn-mowing device, and it appears he was run over by the lawnmower, according to police.

The mower was a small tractor-type device that pulled cutting equipment behind it. There are doors and a seat belt on the tractor. Police said it's unclear if Harris was wearing the seat belt. Police were also trying to
determine whether Harris fell from or was thrown from the mover.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13498195/detail.html
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Mud Bug » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:16 am

The mower was a small tractor-type device that pulled cutting equipment behind it. There are doors and a seat belt on the tractor. Police said it's unclear if Harris was wearing the seat belt. Police were also trying to determine whether Harris fell from or was thrown from the mover.

Man gets thrown from lawnmower from Hell and then it runs him over. That's straight out of a Stephen King book.

I wonder how many of his body parts got carted off by west side ghetto dogs before his boss went looking for him.
Mud Bug
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Andy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 pm

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 704
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 8:49 pm:

Could it be that the same people who object to demolishing Ford Auditorium were the ones who wanted to fight to the death to save the Madison Lenox or S-H? Probably.

Personally, I could care less. I think every building should be demolished after 60-75 years. That would provide room for new uses, new architectural ideas etc.

But keep this one up no matter what.

Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4329
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 2:44 pm:

Mayor you noticed that about Shave too eh? Notice my very noticeable absence from this thread and the other one. I said what I had to say but yet people are bringing up my name like I have been sighted more than Elvis or Bigfoot...

Damn I guess I can take that as having left quite an impression...

But then again, I would rather NOT have the attention being given to me by those who have the cognitive abilities if a pre-schooler...
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:23 pm

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6093
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 12:53 pm:

So what exactly is wrong with George Walker Bush ?

HE'S A RETARD!!!!
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:57 pm

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 883
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:13 pm:

Rod was robbed at gunpoint two days ago while walking home from the store. Three teenagers on bikes took his money and beat him up. Rod's car was stolen a few weeks back.
He had stitches and needless to say he can't work just now. Anyone wishing to send Rod a card or money or best wishes may do so:

Rod Hicks
287 King St, Suite 4
Detroit 48202

Rod was in Aretha's original trio, later with the Butterfield Blues Band, was in the house band at BoMac's Lounge.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:38 pm:

This may just be my opinion, but I don't think Rod Hicks wanted you to give EVERYONE is exact address. I could be wrong though. It's sad though that you can't even walk to the Corner Store. It's not the grown people doing it either, just children. That's what gets me the most.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6304
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 11:24 pm:

Yeah it's probably just your opinion.

If there's one person on this board that doesn't need to be told what to do it's Jimg.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 3:10 am:

Urbanize. You're a fucking moron. Don't move down here.

Sincerely,

-Detroit

PS - Though I am old and lonely, I'd rather watch the Lifetime network than listen to your rubbish.

Same internet forum that goes to DEFCON 1 when someone mentions jjaba lives in Oregon and Karl lives in Arizona, right?

The irony applies more to AIW than Sharmaal. Sharmaal's post is more like how President Reagan waited until more than 27,000 people died of AIDS before he acknowledged the disease publically in 1987.
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Ya Mar » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:37 pm

Andy wrote:
Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 883
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:13 pm:

Rod was robbed at gunpoint two days ago while walking home from the store. Three teenagers on bikes took his money and beat him up. Rod's car was stolen a few weeks back.
He had stitches and needless to say he can't work just now. Anyone wishing to send Rod a card or money or best wishes may do so:

Rod Hicks
287 King St, Suite 4
Detroit 48202

Rod was in Aretha's original trio, later with the Butterfield Blues Band, was in the house band at BoMac's Lounge.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:38 pm:

This may just be my opinion, but I don't think Rod Hicks wanted you to give EVERYONE is exact address. I could be wrong though. It's sad though that you can't even walk to the Corner Store. It's not the grown people doing it either, just children. That's what gets me the most.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6304
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 11:24 pm:

Yeah it's probably just your opinion.

If there's one person on this board that doesn't need to be told what to do it's Jimg.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 3:10 am:

Urbanize. You're a fucking moron. Don't move down here.

Sincerely,

-Detroit

PS - Though I am old and lonely, I'd rather watch the Lifetime network than listen to your rubbish.

Same internet forum that goes to DEFCON 1 when someone mentions jjaba lives in Oregon and Karl lives in Arizona, right?

The irony applies more to AIW than Sharmaal. Sharmaal's post is more like how President Reagan waited until more than 27,000 people died of AIDS before he acknowledged the disease publically in 1987.

Sharmaal is transitioning. He is one of the only people left over there who can be humorous and cynical.

Still firmly planted in the detroitist camp -- but he has only lived down here for a year. Give him another year.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby Woodwards Friend » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:47 pm

Ya Mar wrote:Sharmaal is transitioning. He is one of the only people left over there who can be humorous and cynical.

Still firmly planted in the detroitist camp -- but he has only lived down here for a year. Give him another year.

I gotta agree Ya Mar. This guy was once such a Detroitist that just reading his DY posts hurt like boils. But the guy is really coming around. I look forward to the day when we can welcome him to the dark side with a nice, big FUUUUUCK YOOOOOOU!

The funny thing about it is Sharmaal has been living downtown for about a year and was devoted to Detroitism like Binladen is devoted to Islamism, yet he's already seeing the light. What does that say for unmitigated fools like Supersport or GirlintheD?
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Putski » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Don't kid yourselves. This guy is still the same douchebag he has always been. His recent cynicism and sarcasm are the "I live in Detroit.....er excuse me....the 'D' and let me introduce you to my highhorse you stupid outsider" syndrome.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Ya Mar » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:07 pm

Putski wrote:Don't kid yourselves. This guy is still the same douchebag he has always been. His recent cynicism and sarcasm are the "I live in Detroit.....er excuse me....the 'D' and let me introduce you to my highhorse you stupid outsider" syndrome.

Spoken like one who has been there...
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Next

Return to General Discussion