Gunplay in Detroit's suburbs

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Gunplay in Detroit's suburbs

Postby Assalamu Alekum » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:32 pm

Oakland County police are searching for a man in a Dodge Charger who shot at another man.

Police said a 41-year-old Clinton Township man in a green Saturn was at an intersection in Rochester Hills when the shooter pulled up next to him and shot three times at the driver's-side door.

The driver of the Charger then took off, according to police.

There is no word on why the shooting may have taken place.

Police said the victim has reported a gunman outside of his home previously.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13426435/detail.html


A thread that needed to be started. For real.
Image
Image
User avatar
Assalamu Alekum
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:57 am
Location: At the podium

Postby hollowpoint » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:39 pm

Police search for Dodge Charger after Troy shooting
Delores Flynn / The Detroit News

TROY -- Police shut down South Boulevard between John R and Dequindre around noon Friday after shots were fired at a vehicle near the Troy/Rochester Hills border. The driver was not harmed but indicated to police that he knew the men in the other vehicle, according to police.

Police are looking for three black men in a white Dodge Charger with chrome wheels.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 10457/1003


Great idea, Assalamu. We do need people to know about violent crime in the burbs. Thanks for shining the spotlight on this!
User avatar
hollowpoint
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:19 am

Postby midland » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:36 pm

Goodness. Isn't Rochester Hills where Madonna moved after she left Bay City?

I had a redneck come in from a coarse town called Coleman, who shot his ex-girlfriend (non-fatally) in the parking lot at one of my high schools.

My minority people all have PhDs. It's the crackers from the rural townships that worry me!
whitefudgemidland.com
User avatar
midland
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:23 am
Location: on the banks of the Tittabawassee

Postby Royal Oak » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Bring it on bitches!
User avatar
Royal Oak
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Royal Oak, MI

Postby midland » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:05 pm

Oh Royal Oak!

You're my hero.



(Drops hankie, bats eyelashes ...)
whitefudgemidland.com
User avatar
midland
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:23 am
Location: on the banks of the Tittabawassee

Postby Random Douchebag » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:08 pm

Police are looking for three black men in a white Dodge Charger with chrome wheels


I doubt Assalamu was aware of this little detail when he started this thread. Kinda takes the wind out of his sail.
User avatar
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere, nowhere.

Postby Andy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:49 am

Detroit's suburbs sure do suck.

Police are investigating an incident Friday night in which a Detroit man was shot to death outside a Highland Park store.

Bernard Cranford, 22, was leaving the Golden Star Food Center at 16600 Hamilton Ave. at Geneva Street with his brother at about 10:25 p.m. when they were approached by three men, police said. One man had a handgun, and police say they believe three shots were fired. The suspects fled, and Cranford was pronounced dead at the scene, Wayne County Sheriff's Commander Jerome Panackia said.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 30701/1004
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
User avatar
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief
 
Posts: 12661
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Grand Circus Park West

Postby merchantgander » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:00 am

Police investigating Rochester Hills home invasion, kidnapping that turns deadly

UTICA -- Revenge and obsession may be the motives behind a bizarre home invasion and kidnapping in Rochester Hills that culminated into a fatal shooting in Utica last night. According to reports from WJBK-FOX 2 TV news report, the incident began at about 11:30 p.m. when a man armed with a gun kicked in a door of a home in Rochester Hills.

The gunman kidnapped a man and woman in the home and forced them into a black Mazda sedan. The trio then drove away, ending up at the intersection of M-59 and Van Dyke, in Utica.

"One of the victims (the woman) attempted to bail out of the vehicle and was run over," said Utica Police Chief Michael Reaves.

"The gunman put the car in park, produced a small handgun and shot and killed himself."

According to police, the gunman apparently had been staking out the woman's home for at least the past two weeks and may have tried to take out some sort of revenge on her. The injured woman has been hospitalized and is expected to recover.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 1003/METRO
User avatar
merchantgander
Hot Fudge Welcoming Committee
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:58 pm
Location: Not Detroit, I quit

Postby Assalamu Alekum » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:51 pm

Noble International, Ltd. evacuated its plant on Van Dyke Avenue near 12 Mile Road in Warren after a report of a person with a gun inside.

It was reported around 6:30 a.m Monday.

Warren Police Chief Jere Green said a man was walking out of Noble Steel after his shift when he was approached in the parking lot by a man with a gun. According to police, the Noble Steel worker knocked the gun out of the man's hand with a baseball bat he had inside his vehicle. The man then pulled a knife out of his pocket and stabbed the worker, police said.


The worker received superficial wounds to his arm and is expected to be fine.

Police have confirmed the man grabbed the worker's electronic card and entered the building. Police said he also was able to retrieve his gun and knife.

Police said they have searched the building and the man is no longer inside. Workers have been told they can go back inside the building.

Authorities have brought in SWAT teams and K-9 units to help investigate and search surrounding areas.

Nearby Lincoln High School is no longer on lockdown, officials said.

Investigators will begin looking at surveillance video to help in the investigation.

Police said he is described as 30-year-old white man, 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall, 170 pounds, shoulder-length blond hair, wearing a white button Hawaiian shirt and black pants.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13477875/detail.html


He's a crazy white person too.
Image
Image
User avatar
Assalamu Alekum
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:57 am
Location: At the podium

Postby Megatron » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Assalamu Alekum wrote:
Noble International, Ltd. evacuated its plant on Van Dyke Avenue near 12 Mile Road in Warren after a report of a person with a gun inside.

It was reported around 6:30 a.m Monday.

Warren Police Chief Jere Green said a man was walking out of Noble Steel after his shift when he was approached in the parking lot by a man with a gun. According to police, the Noble Steel worker knocked the gun out of the man's hand with a baseball bat he had inside his vehicle. The man then pulled a knife out of his pocket and stabbed the worker, police said.


The worker received superficial wounds to his arm and is expected to be fine.

Police have confirmed the man grabbed the worker's electronic card and entered the building. Police said he also was able to retrieve his gun and knife.

Police said they have searched the building and the man is no longer inside. Workers have been told they can go back inside the building.

Authorities have brought in SWAT teams and K-9 units to help investigate and search surrounding areas.

Nearby Lincoln High School is no longer on lockdown, officials said.

Investigators will begin looking at surveillance video to help in the investigation.

Police said he is described as 30-year-old white man, 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall, 170 pounds, shoulder-length blond hair, wearing a white button Hawaiian shirt and black pants.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13477875/detail.html


He's a crazy white person too.


Surprising it is not a Slayer shirt or something.
User avatar
Megatron
Hot Fudge Former Kool Aid Drinker
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Eastside

Postby davecat » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Megatron wrote:
Assalamu Alekum wrote:
Noble International, Ltd. evacuated its plant on Van Dyke Avenue near 12 Mile Road in Warren after a report of a person with a gun inside.

It was reported around 6:30 a.m Monday.

Warren Police Chief Jere Green said a man was walking out of Noble Steel after his shift when he was approached in the parking lot by a man with a gun. According to police, the Noble Steel worker knocked the gun out of the man's hand with a baseball bat he had inside his vehicle. The man then pulled a knife out of his pocket and stabbed the worker, police said.


The worker received superficial wounds to his arm and is expected to be fine.

Police have confirmed the man grabbed the worker's electronic card and entered the building. Police said he also was able to retrieve his gun and knife.

Police said they have searched the building and the man is no longer inside. Workers have been told they can go back inside the building.

Authorities have brought in SWAT teams and K-9 units to help investigate and search surrounding areas.

Nearby Lincoln High School is no longer on lockdown, officials said.

Investigators will begin looking at surveillance video to help in the investigation.

Police said he is described as 30-year-old white man, 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall, 170 pounds, shoulder-length blond hair, wearing a white button Hawaiian shirt and black pants.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13477875/detail.html


He's a crazy white person too.


Surprising it is not a Slayer shirt or something.

Why didn't they mention his white hi-top Reeboks?
Clearly if I had the needs and funding I would surely invest here and become the change Detroit needs.
User avatar
davecat
Hot Fudge Riesling Connoisseur
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Midtown Heights

Postby Andy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm

Police are searching for a man who robbed a local CVS store Sunday night.

Just after 10 p.m., three employees of the CVS Store in Allen Park locked up for the evening and walked out into the parking lot toward their cars.

Before the employees could reach their cars, a man armed with a 6 to 8-inch silver revolver jumped out from behind some nearby trees and ordered the employees back inside the store, according to an Allen Park Police Department news release.

The man made one of the employees disarm the store's alarm.

The man emptied all register drawers into a green bag, including a register from the pharmacy, according to the news release.

During the robbery, the store's phone rang and, with the permission of the robber, one of the employees answered and told the alarm company that they had returned inside the store because they had forgotten something.

The man took the employees into a back office and fled through a side door.

Police described the man as black, between the ages of 30 and 40 years old. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 230 pounds.

He has a large gut and was wearing sunglasses, a do-rag, a plaid flannel shirt with white and brown stripes, blue jeans and black shoes.

No employees were injured during the robbery, and they told police the man was very polite.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13481924/detail.html


Damn Detroit's suburbs, they're determined to outclass us in every way.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
User avatar
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief
 
Posts: 12661
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Grand Circus Park West

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:23 pm

Andy wrote:
Police are searching for a man who robbed a local CVS store Sunday night.

Just after 10 p.m., three employees of the CVS Store in Allen Park locked up for the evening and walked out into the parking lot toward their cars.

Before the employees could reach their cars, a man armed with a 6 to 8-inch silver revolver jumped out from behind some nearby trees and ordered the employees back inside the store, according to an Allen Park Police Department news release.

The man made one of the employees disarm the store's alarm.

The man emptied all register drawers into a green bag, including a register from the pharmacy, according to the news release.

During the robbery, the store's phone rang and, with the permission of the robber, one of the employees answered and told the alarm company that they had returned inside the store because they had forgotten something.

The man took the employees into a back office and fled through a side door.

Police described the man as black, between the ages of 30 and 40 years old. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 230 pounds.

He has a large gut and was wearing sunglasses, a do-rag, a plaid flannel shirt with white and brown stripes, blue jeans and black shoes.
No employees were injured during the robbery, and they told police the man was very polite.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13481924/detail.html


Damn Detroit's suburbs, they're determined to outclass us in every way.


I'm not really sure that outfit with a large gut is outclassing the City of Detroit.
User avatar
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan
 
Posts: 3802
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Escaped.

Postby Ya Mar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:27 pm

I am having a hard time picturing a plaid flannel with brown and white stripes.

Wait a minute -- plaid flannel, large gut, around 6', between 30-40, 230#'s...thebeav, do you ever go to Allen Park in black face?
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Postby Random Douchebag » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:39 pm

If not for the skin color, I'd say Chuck.
User avatar
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere, nowhere.

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron