Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Postby chad sexington » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Not in the 'burbs, in a loft downtown or in a gated community


It was sooooo long ago he lived in Riverfront Towers. Hung out at the DBC and the Town Pump. What a seasoned Detroit veteran.
User avatar
chad sexington
Not listening to a word
 
Posts: 4731
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Checked out

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:34 pm

The Beav wrote:
Supersport
Member
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 2596
Registered: 10-2003

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:52 pm:

quote:

I'm just wondering: of all those folks who have made disparaging comments about the City Council over the Cobo deal, how many of you actually live in one of Detroit's regular neighborhoods?

Not in the 'burbs, in a loft downtown or in a gated community (Lafayette Park, River Town, etc.). How many of you live in one of Detroit's regular neighborhoods?



(jumping up and down) Me, me, me! LOL

Is he trying to say that Woodbridge is representative of the rest of Detroit's neighborhoods?


Lafayette Park is a gated community now? When did that happen?
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
User avatar
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:59 am
Location: Ceasing and desisting

Postby Random Dooshbag » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm

That's all a quote from FNemecek. He keeps it real in Warrendale.
User avatar
Random Dooshbag
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:27 am

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Shark » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm thinking of changing my sig line to:

I'm told that when you make your way through the crowd, it's like the parting of the see, with an individual often yelling out "Make way, Detroit Police Officer coming through."
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby The Conscience » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Shark wrote:I'm thinking of changing my sig line to:

I'm told that when you make your way through the crowd, it's like the parting of the see, with an individual often yelling out "Make way, Detroit Police Officer coming through."


Valid points made earlier on were, unfortunately, diminished in the final paragraph.
User avatar
The Conscience
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: The Frontal Lobes

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Exciteable » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm

see,


????
It's not as easy as it used to be finding time to let my mind wander.
User avatar
Exciteable
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: ...that demon life has got me in its sway

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Exciteable wrote:
see,


????


Where the Pope lives
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Roger Penske » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 am

February 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Supersport Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 96

I think Jeff Fieger could have had a great chance at mayor, though those days have passed in my opinion. I think Roger Penske could have a shot if he played his cards right. He has money, business networks, and ability to make things happen. I happen to disagree on race playing a huge factor. If a person is qualified, Detroiters will vote for them, regardless of race.


He hasn't learned much, has he? Not about me. Not about race in this city.

9.3748294672+ years and he just replaces the old dumb opinions with new ones.
User avatar
Roger Penske
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby The Beav » Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Unread Today, 09:34 AM
Supersport Supersport is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 118
Come out and support DPD and remember our fallen friend

I would like to invite each of you to one of the following events, all open to the public.

Friday 8 am: Police Memorial Service - downtown Detroit

The annual event starts at Campus Martius at 8 am, with a march down Monroe St to St Mary's church located at 646 Monroe St. There, a 9 am service will be held remembering our fallen officers from over the years, and now sadly, Brian Huff as well. Included in this event is the 11th annual candle light vigil service, and 37th annual Detroit Police interfaith memorial service.

Friday 11am-9pm - Visitation for Officer Brian Huff -United Memorial Funeral Home 75 Dickinson Mount Clemens, MI

Family visitation is from 6pm-8pm

Saturday 11am - Funeral services - Greater Grace Temple 23500 W. 7 Mile Rd Detroit, MI

I'd like to offer a look into my and my fellow officer's eyes, as it's times like this that makes one realize how large our brotherhood/family is.

This will be the third funeral for a fallen Michigan police officer I have attended, with just shy of 3 years on the job, I can not even begin to describe the hurt each one provides. Yet, for me, I feel it is my duty to honor their memory with my attendance, and to serve as a reminder to myself of the dangers out there.

As many of you know, I worked in the auto industry after college, living the office life, tucked behind a cubical at each place of employment. I knew fairly early on, that wasn't what I wanted for a career. Still, life, and God wouldn't intervene until 6 years later in life.

The Michigan economy, most notably the auto industry, took a major hit around 2005. By fall of 2006, I found myself out of work, and ready to plan a new career in law enforcement. When one door closed, God stepped in and opened another for me. Almost a year after leaving my cubical behind, I found myself along with 26 others in front of ranking officers being yelled at and degraded. I had no idea the bond I would have with these fellow officers, as they quickly became part of brotherhood/family in which I could have never imagined.

Our family is not so unlike that of any other family. We are in fact Citizens On Patrol. Like any family, we share the problems that any family faces. We have family members that make bad choices, some can be forgiven, others we turn our backs on and are embarrassed by how they have made the family look...and yet, they are still family.

I've seen many things during my short tenure on the job, many things that your average citizen would not be able to stomach. The more I see, the greater tolerance I build. My emotional wall becomes stronger, though even the strongest walls have their weak spots. I have witnessed events that choke me up while on scene, as we are human after all.

The hardest part for me however is not what I may come in contact with at work, and I believe the same is likely true for others. The hardest part for me is walking out that back door leaving for work. If I'm lucky, my beautiful wife is there to kiss me goodbye, then to wave to me as I close the door to the garage. Most days however, she is away teaching. Yet still, when I get to the garage and look back, my two furry friends are standing at the back door, waiting for me to wave goodbye to them, as if they are thinking "be safe." Not a single day passes that I don't think about the possibility that this could be my last chance to say goodbye. THAT, is the hardest part of my job.

After a short commute to work, I am greeted by my other family, and the dangers that lie ahead are tucked away. We have a job to do, and I have one of the best families in the world looking out for me, doing whatever it takes to make sure I make it home. 5 other officers were injured, 4 shot, 1 injured ankle, trying to protect and pull Huff to safety. That is the kind of family I am a part of, and I couldn't be prouder.

I would hope that much of the public can find time to attend one of the three events in which I listed above. Our job often puts us in contact with people on their worst days, and the support often seems to be heavily outweighed the the criticisms. Please come out and show your support, and help us continue to build a better tomorrow for Detroit.


I don't know about you, but I miss the Alcohawk posts.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12393
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Putski » Wed May 05, 2010 1:11 pm

The Beav wrote:
Unread Today, 09:34 AM
Supersport Supersport is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 118
Come out and support DPD and remember our fallen friend

I would like to invite each of you to one of the following events, all open to the public.

Friday 8 am: Police Memorial Service - downtown Detroit

The annual event starts at Campus Martius at 8 am, with a march down Monroe St to St Mary's church located at 646 Monroe St. There, a 9 am service will be held remembering our fallen officers from over the years, and now sadly, Brian Huff as well. Included in this event is the 11th annual candle light vigil service, and 37th annual Detroit Police interfaith memorial service.

Friday 11am-9pm - Visitation for Officer Brian Huff -United Memorial Funeral Home 75 Dickinson Mount Clemens, MI

Family visitation is from 6pm-8pm

Saturday 11am - Funeral services - Greater Grace Temple 23500 W. 7 Mile Rd Detroit, MI

I'd like to offer a look into my and my fellow officer's eyes, as it's times like this that makes one realize how large our brotherhood/family is.

This will be the third funeral for a fallen Michigan police officer I have attended, with just shy of 3 years on the job, I can not even begin to describe the hurt each one provides. Yet, for me, I feel it is my duty to honor their memory with my attendance, and to serve as a reminder to myself of the dangers out there.

As many of you know, I worked in the auto industry after college, living the office life, tucked behind a cubical at each place of employment. I knew fairly early on, that wasn't what I wanted for a career. Still, life, and God wouldn't intervene until 6 years later in life.

The Michigan economy, most notably the auto industry, took a major hit around 2005. By fall of 2006, I found myself out of work, and ready to plan a new career in law enforcement. When one door closed, God stepped in and opened another for me. Almost a year after leaving my cubical behind, I found myself along with 26 others in front of ranking officers being yelled at and degraded. I had no idea the bond I would have with these fellow officers, as they quickly became part of brotherhood/family in which I could have never imagined.

Our family is not so unlike that of any other family. We are in fact Citizens On Patrol. Like any family, we share the problems that any family faces. We have family members that make bad choices, some can be forgiven, others we turn our backs on and are embarrassed by how they have made the family look...and yet, they are still family.

I've seen many things during my short tenure on the job, many things that your average citizen would not be able to stomach. The more I see, the greater tolerance I build. My emotional wall becomes stronger, though even the strongest walls have their weak spots. I have witnessed events that choke me up while on scene, as we are human after all.

The hardest part for me however is not what I may come in contact with at work, and I believe the same is likely true for others. The hardest part for me is walking out that back door leaving for work. If I'm lucky, my beautiful wife is there to kiss me goodbye, then to wave to me as I close the door to the garage. Most days however, she is away teaching. Yet still, when I get to the garage and look back, my two furry friends are standing at the back door, waiting for me to wave goodbye to them, as if they are thinking "be safe." Not a single day passes that I don't think about the possibility that this could be my last chance to say goodbye. THAT, is the hardest part of my job.

After a short commute to work, I am greeted by my other family, and the dangers that lie ahead are tucked away. We have a job to do, and I have one of the best families in the world looking out for me, doing whatever it takes to make sure I make it home. 5 other officers were injured, 4 shot, 1 injured ankle, trying to protect and pull Huff to safety. That is the kind of family I am a part of, and I couldn't be prouder.

I would hope that much of the public can find time to attend one of the three events in which I listed above. Our job often puts us in contact with people on their worst days, and the support often seems to be heavily outweighed the the criticisms. Please come out and show your support, and help us continue to build a better tomorrow for Detroit.


I don't know about you, but I miss the Alcohawk posts.


He forgot the part of the off to work ritual that involves a burp of the throttle on the firebird as he exits the alley (huh?) to get the full cherry-bomb exhaust effect only a 16 year old could love.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
User avatar
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Upland Skatepark 1984

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed May 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Jesus. I really don't want to make fun of the guy for posting about his fallen colleague, but (a) it really wasn't so much about his fallen colleague as it was about himself and (b) he just makes it so easy.

Supersport wrote:We are in fact Citizens On Patrol.


Image
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
User avatar
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:59 am
Location: Ceasing and desisting

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Andy » Wed May 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Woodwards Friend wrote:Jesus. I really don't want to make fun of the guy for posting about his fallen colleague, but (a) it really wasn't so much about his fallen colleague as it was about himself and (b) he just makes it so easy.


That's a long ass post, I wonder how it'd stand up to the self-referencing contest. Sure see a lot of "I" in there.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
User avatar
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief
 
Posts: 12661
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Grand Circus Park West

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Wed May 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Woodwards Friend wrote:Jesus. I really don't want to make fun of the guy for posting about his fallen colleague, but (a) it really wasn't so much about his fallen colleague as it was about himself and (b) he just makes it so easy.

Supersport wrote:We are in fact Citizens On Patrol.



I've been told by informants within suburban police departments that "citizens on patrol" is used pejoratively to describe eager-beaver types who like to play cop and phone in tips. So, I guess, if Mr. Sport worked in Livonia he'd have set himself up for a horse laugh from a different direction.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 pm

As many of you know, I worked in the auto industry after college, living the office life, tucked behind a cubical at each place of employment. I knew fairly early on, that wasn't what I wanted for a career. Still, life, and God wouldn't intervene until 6 years later in life.


When one door closed, God stepped in and opened another for me.


It's super obnoxious when people assert their life choices are a part of God's divine plan. I think it's blasphemous. Whether you agree or not, let's say for the sake of argument that God has a divine plan for every individual. Why does Sport (or anyone else) think they're making the decisions to live that plan perfectly? What fucking hubris.
Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
User avatar
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:59 am
Location: Ceasing and desisting

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed May 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Woodwards Friend wrote:
As many of you know, I worked in the auto industry after college, living the office life, tucked behind a cubical at each place of employment. I knew fairly early on, that wasn't what I wanted for a career. Still, life, and God wouldn't intervene until 6 years later in life.


When one door closed, God stepped in and opened another for me.


It's super obnoxious when people assert their life choices are a part of God's divine plan. I think it's blasphemous. Whether you agree or not, let's say for the sake of argument that God has a divine plan for every individual. Why does he (or anyone else) think they're making the decisions to live that plan perfectly? What fucking hubris.


Beats taking responsibility for your own life.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6689
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest