Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Woodwards Friend » Wed May 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Today, 03:14 PM

"Until you get the courage to step from behind the safety of your desk and computer strap on a bullet-proof vest, recite the code of ethics, kick in the door of a drug houses, go out and arrest murderers, rapists and robbers...until you get that courage, you should simply tell us thank you."

-Benny Napoleon.

I was simply offering a glimpse into our world, and encouraging people to come out and send Officer Huff off with one last "Thank You." As for God, he has had a greater influence on my life in the past few years than ever before. Does he speak to me directly? No, but he has shown me the way and covered my ass many of nights.

Slow down Col. Jessup.

Looking back I realize what it takes to be successful and what a job success really is. - John Conyers III
Woodwards Friend
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Roquefort Robert » Wed May 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Woodwards Friend wrote:Jesus. I really don't want to make fun of the guy for posting about his fallen colleague, but (a) it really wasn't so much about his fallen colleague as it was about himself

Speaking about making a tragedy about yourself, check out the BCBS press release on Harwell's passing. It only took until the second sentence for them to use his death as an opportunity to mention themselves...

As you may remember, Blue Cross was Mr. Harwell’s last employer.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed May 05, 2010 4:26 pm

"Until you get the courage to step from behind the safety of your desk and computer strap on a bullet-proof vest, recite the code of ethics, kick in the door of a drug houses, go out and arrest murderers, rapists and robbers...until you get that courage, you should simply tell us thank you."

-Benny Napoleon.

Cross-post to the fuck-you thread.

Benny Napoleon was almost as bad a chief as Bully Cummings. I'm proud to know a lot of good cops, but Benny Napoleon sure as hell isn't their spokesman.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby God » Wed May 05, 2010 8:52 pm

-Benny Napoleon.

I was simply offering a glimpse into our world, and encouraging people to come out and send Officer Huff off with one last "Thank You." As for God, he has had a greater influence on my life in the past few years than ever before. Does he speak to me directly? No, but he has shown me the way and covered my ass many of nights.

That's the usual trend for DPD. New cops are like, "Oh, Lord, save my ass." and then after a few years it's, "Thank, God." A few more years gets me the, "Oh, God, get me out of here," prayer and eventually DPD cops stop believing in me altogether. "It's Detroit. There is no God here."

I've tried to speak with him directly, but he was so drunk I couldn't understand him when he responded. Besides, I took the form of a homeless guy and he just mumbled on and on and on and wouldn't shut up the whole time. I just wanted to make sure he didn't get rolled or accidentally shoot himself on his walk home from the DBC.
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name. Exodus 20:7
God
HFD Yaweh

Postby Ya Mar » Thu May 06, 2010 2:13 pm

God wrote:

-Benny Napoleon.

That's the usual trend for DPD. New cops are like, "Oh, Lord, save my ass." and then after a few years it's, "Thank, God." A few more years gets me the, "Oh, God, get me out of here," prayer and eventually DPD cops stop believing in me altogether. "It's Detroit. There is no God here."

I've tried to speak with him directly, but he was so drunk I couldn't understand him when he responded. Besides, I took the form of a homeless guy and he just mumbled on and on and on and wouldn't shut up the whole time. I just wanted to make sure he didn't get rolled or accidentally shoot himself on his walk home from the DBC.

Here homeless God have a dollar, no in fact brotherman have two...
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing

Postby Tea Bag » Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 am

May 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Supersport Join Date: Mar 2009

So, now it seems Aiyana's father may have been involved, possibly the driver of the vehicle during the drive-by that killed the 17 year old Jerean Blake. He has a criminal background involving unarmed robbery and fleeing/eluding in a stolen vehicle. Most recently, possible threats involving a gun AFTER the homicide, against kids wearing shirts paying respect to Jerean Blake. After MSP obtained a search warrant, in order to conduct their investigation, it was discovered their home had multiple stolen vehicles in the backyard, along with illegal electricity hooked up.

So, with these new details, we have to assume that the family all living at that location, both upper/lower flats, were well aware that they were harboring not only 1, but 2 people involved in a homicide. They willingly harbored these fugitatives, knowing the police would be looking for them. So why were grandma and a 7 year old in the living room that late at night? Was it because perhaps they were hiding somebody in the bed where Aiyana or Grandma normally slept? I know when I have kids, when bed time rolls around, they won't be sleeping/resting/laying on the couch at midnight on a weeknight nor a weekend.

While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life. It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know. What's everybody else's opinion? With new facts coming to light, does anybody feel that one, or perhaps both parties involved in the 17 year olds death should be charged with Aiyana's death, much the same as the carjacker recently was charged with homicide of the elderly woman who was shot by the victim pursuing the carjacker?

Again, not to take from how tragic these events are. I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved. It's a shame we can't prevent such individuals from breeding in the first place.

Given the circumstances, should Sporto be running his yap right now?? Would someone please explain to him what the term 'quiet professional' means??
Tea Bag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Random Douchebag » Sun May 23, 2010 10:13 am

Tea Bag wrote:

So, now it seems Aiyana's father may have been involved, possibly the driver of the vehicle during the drive-by that killed the 17 year old Jerean Blake. He has a criminal background involving unarmed robbery and fleeing/eluding in a stolen vehicle. Most recently, possible threats involving a gun AFTER the homicide, against kids wearing shirts paying respect to Jerean Blake. After MSP obtained a search warrant, in order to conduct their investigation, it was discovered their home had multiple stolen vehicles in the backyard, along with illegal electricity hooked up.

So, with these new details, we have to assume that the family all living at that location, both upper/lower flats, were well aware that they were harboring not only 1, but 2 people involved in a homicide. They willingly harbored these fugitatives, knowing the police would be looking for them. So why were grandma and a 7 year old in the living room that late at night? Was it because perhaps they were hiding somebody in the bed where Aiyana or Grandma normally slept? I know when I have kids, when bed time rolls around, they won't be sleeping/resting/laying on the couch at midnight on a weeknight nor a weekend.

While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life. It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know. What's everybody else's opinion? With new facts coming to light, does anybody feel that one, or perhaps both parties involved in the 17 year olds death should be charged with Aiyana's death, much the same as the carjacker recently was charged with homicide of the elderly woman who was shot by the victim pursuing the carjacker?

Again, not to take from how tragic these events are. I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved. It's a shame we can't prevent such individuals from breeding in the first place.

Given the circumstances, should Sporto be running his yap right now?? Would someone please explain to him what the term 'quiet professional' means??

Thing is, all his info. is from what he hears on the radio, so it's not like he's blabbing insider details, though his use of "fugitive" is troubling. Suspects are not "fugitives."

He also seems to be getting child rearing advice from the Freep comments. When I was a kid, there was nothing better than Saturday night in front of horror movies (Godzilla) and falling asleep on the couch. Ergo, my parents must be murderers, theives, and drug dealers.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman

Postby susanarosa » Sun May 23, 2010 10:14 am

Tea Bag wrote:

He didn't post anything that hasn't already been reported or alluded to in the news.
susanarosa
Hot Fudge Girl

Postby Jelk » Sun May 23, 2010 12:41 pm

There's no question that Aiyana Jones was living in a house of skank. However, that's irrelevant. Using this information to justify the raid is intellectually dishonest. This girl was an innocent bystander to raid. The police had credible information that children were inside the home. They went in strong anyway. We must assess that command decision independent of this family's obvious dysfunction.

So, with these new details, we have to assume that the family all living at that location, both upper/lower flats,

That's valid. And it does appear that the DPD arrived at the home that night thanks to some very good police work, so let's further assume the investigators confirmed the living situation immediately prior to the raid.

were well aware that they were harboring not only 1, but 2 people involved in a homicide. They willingly harbored these fugitatives, knowing the police would be looking for them.

How can that be assumed? We don't know how much information the rest of the family had about the murder. I doubt this asshole came home and announced his crime. Besides, it's irrelevant. Seven-year-old children don't knowingly decide to harbor fugitives. Aiyana Jones was no more a party to harboring a fugitive than the bank tellers in Dog Day Afternoon. Kids were in the house, and that fact should've impacted DPD's strategy to arrest this suspect.

So why were grandma and a 7 year old in the living room that late at night? Was it because perhaps they were hiding somebody in the bed where Aiyana or Grandma normally slept? I know when I have kids, when bed time rolls around, they won't be sleeping/resting/laying on the couch at midnight on a weeknight nor a weekend.

Cross-post to shoddy thinking. As he established earlier in his post the suspect lived in the house. Maybe the kid had a stomach ache or nightmare or any of the 15,000 excuses kids make to get out of bed in the middle of the night.

While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life.

But some people sure are trying hard to mitigate the tragedy.

It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know.

I'm sorry but I missed where anyone, save perhaps Ron Scott and that lunatic fringe, made such an argument. No denies the cops went in looking for the right guy. No one denies this family was messed up, to say the least. Although Supersport does beg the question, would his opinion change if the Jones family had been all wholesome and sweet, like the Osmonds, save for one bad apple cousin?

What's everybody else's opinion?

I think you're trying to justify a dysfunctional police department's refusal to re-assess basic command decisions. Essentially, you're making excuses for protocols that needlessly endanger your life, your colleagues lives, and the lives of the very people you're sworn to protect (ie Aiyana Jones).

With new facts coming to light, does anybody feel that one, or perhaps both parties involved in the 17 year olds death should be charged with Aiyana's death, much the same as the carjacker recently was charged with homicide of the elderly woman who was shot by the victim pursuing the carjacker?

If this was a Law & Order episode that would happen. Jack McCoy for Wayne County Prosecutor!

Again, not to take from how tragic these events are.

With all due respect... I'm not a racist but...

I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved.

I just wonder how long before the police department comes to realize, when someone houses drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, raiding such places brings danger to the whole household, not just parties involved.

The statement kind of works both ways. Besides, society at large didn't "house" a murder suspect. If DPD culture assumes that all of society is like this particular household, the department has some serious problems.

It's a shame we can't prevent such individuals from breeding in the first place.

I could say the same about a rural culture that breeds methed out militias plotting to kills cops and go to war with the government.
I think they've been here so long, they forgot we have a welcome sign on our borders. - Sean of Saginaw
Jelk
Sweet, sweet taste of white mans penis

Postby Putski » Sun May 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Irresponsible parent checking in.......my youngster has done 1-2 nights a week on the couch during the stanley cup tournament. Knowing the dangers of couch sleeping in Detroit I make sure he does it on the second floor.
Visionary Extrepreneur and Investor
Putski
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Sun May 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Sounds like Sporto is becoming just the type of cop DPD doesn't need. How long before he can opt out to the suburbs where he can't hurt anyone?
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby Random Douchebag » Mon May 24, 2010 9:05 am

I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved.

I just wonder how long before the police department comes to realize, when someone houses drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, raiding such places brings danger to the whole household, not just parties involved.

The statement kind of works both ways. Besides, society at large didn't "house" a murder suspect. If DPD culture assumes that all of society is like this particular household, the department has some serious problems.

"Society" is codespeak for "those blacks."

It's a shame we can't prevent such individuals from breeding in the first place.

I could say the same about a rural culture that breeds methed out militias plotting to kills cops and go to war with the government.

That's a pretty outrageous statement. How do you do that? Forced sterlization? Is that what he's suggesting? I doubt he's suggesting sex ed and free contraceptives.
Practitioner of Infantilism
"Legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos, legos."
Random Douchebag
Hot Fudge Everyman

Postby The Beav » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:25 am

It's been almost a year since we've heard any drivel from SS other than about the Autorama. I'm really curious as to his take on Snyder, considering now that he's a union man.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Beav » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Today 08:40 AM #31
Supersport

There are so many misconceptions on here I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try. First off, DPS are hardly rent-a-cops, as they go thru the same academy as DPD, and are sworn in with the same police powers granted by the state of Michigan. As for the K9, do you really think a trained K9 is not sufficient evidence you were in the building? DPS dogs are arguably better trained than DPD dogs, and are allowed to enter a building and take an intruder down by force, where as DPD dogs are not.

You committed a crime, your camera was used during commission of that crime, and most certainly can be taken from you and placed on evidence. Your vehicle can also not only be taken, but also forfeited, and require a $1,500 or so fee to get it back. You could have just as easily been a scrapping, scoping out the building, just not removing items yet.

I deal with this "but this is Detroit" attitude daily. Some times its lifelong Detroiters, maybe transplants expecting some sort of law free entitlement because they moved here, and suburbanites too. Give me that attitude and I'm using my discretion to enforce the law to the fullest extent. Many of us Detroiters are sick of this "shit on Detroit" attitude. You think Oakland county is going to tell you to be on your way if you break and enter one of their schools?

Please, oh, please. Somebody has got to have the post from sof8mile when he got nailed for open intox and told the cop he was a Detroit resident. Andy? You still have the text files from HFD 1.0? I will sign back up on DY just so I can post that shit.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 pm

DPS dogs are arguably better trained than DPD dogs, and are allowed to enter a building and take an intruder down by force, where as DPD dogs are not.

What kind of fucked-up urban hellhole has better-trained police dogs for its public schools than its general population? Granted, this little nugget isn't exactly coming from an expert, but still ...
The Suburban Avenger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion