Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Sporto's Daily Jerk-off Session

Postby Tea Bag » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

The Beav wrote:
Today 08:40 AM #31
Supersport

There are so many misconceptions on here I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try. First off, DPS are hardly rent-a-cops, as they go thru the same academy as DPD, and are sworn in with the same police powers granted by the state of Michigan. As for the K9, do you really think a trained K9 is not sufficient evidence you were in the building? DPS dogs are arguably better trained than DPD dogs, and are allowed to enter a building and take an intruder down by force, where as DPD dogs are not.

You committed a crime, your camera was used during commission of that crime, and most certainly can be taken from you and placed on evidence. Your vehicle can also not only be taken, but also forfeited, and require a $1,500 or so fee to get it back. You could have just as easily been a scrapping, scoping out the building, just not removing items yet.

I deal with this "but this is Detroit" attitude daily. Some times its lifelong Detroiters, maybe transplants expecting some sort of law free entitlement because they moved here, and suburbanites too. Give me that attitude and I'm using my discretion to enforce the law to the fullest extent. Many of us Detroiters are sick of this "shit on Detroit" attitude. You think Oakland county is going to tell you to be on your way if you break and enter one of their schools?

Please, oh, please. Somebody has got to have the post from sof8mile when he got nailed for open intox and told the cop he was a Detroit resident. Andy? You still have the text files from HFD 1.0? I will sign back up on DY just so I can post that shit.

Isn't there an archive website that can bring up the time he gave the cop lots of 'tude about the contents of his cup? Seems to me it was a big constitutional rights issue, as far as he was concerned.

Give me that attitude and I'm using my discretion to enforce the law to the fullest extent

Ever the consumate professional....
Tea Bag
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Mulligan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:40 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
DPS dogs are arguably better trained than DPD dogs, and are allowed to enter a building and take an intruder down by force, where as DPD dogs are not.

What kind of fucked-up urban hellhole has better-trained police dogs for its public schools than its general population? Granted, this little nugget isn't exactly coming from an expert, but still ...

The DPS dogs are better educated than their DPD cousins. They spend a lot of time in school.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby James Scott » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 pm

One of these days I'll figure out a way to find the right one for this conversation, but way back when, lowell was a lot more tolerant.

http://replay.web.archive.org/200311101 ... 1066456394
Hipsters, douchebags and lumberjacks. All can be found in abundance in Midtown and Downtown.
James Scott
Hot Fudge Regular

Location: Not in Detroit, but close. Just like hand grenades, tiddlywinks, and horseshoes.

Postby Roquefort Robert » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:54 am

James Scott wrote:One of these days I'll figure out a way to find the right one for this conversation, but way back when, lowell was a lot more tolerant.

Ahhh, back when you could call someone on DY an asshole. Those were the days.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby gullycanyon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 am

Roquefort Robert wrote:
James Scott wrote:One of these days I'll figure out a way to find the right one for this conversation, but way back when, lowell was a lot more tolerant.

Ahhh, back when you could call someone on DY an asshole. Those were the days.

Right. Now, it's almost completely to the point where you could call anyone on DY an asshole.

Still gots El Grande respect & affection for Gazhekwe, though. And LD, of course, plus one other woman whose cover I don't want to blow by dropping her DY screen-name.
"Do What Thou Wilt" shall be the Whole of the Solid Block of Text.
As a ravine dweller I can confirm this.
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit

Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 am

The Beav wrote:Please, oh, please. Somebody has got to have the post from sof8mile when he got nailed for open intox and told the cop he was a Detroit resident. Andy? You still have the text files from HFD 1.0? I will sign back up on DY just so I can post that shit.

I'm looking through the old record now. I need a word to specifically search for so it'll cut through all the code. I remember he wrote something to the effect of "I hardly believe DPD doesn't have better things to do..." or something like that.

Funny how many times SS used the word "hardly," also I found this:

Yet in all honesty, off the top of my head I can only think of one other person I know, he resides in Corktown, that walks the beat to and from downtown after dark.

We can all talk about it till we are blue in the face, but its not going to change the fact that things WILL NOT get better until we are no longer among the poorest major cities in the nation, and in all honesty, it ain't all that bad.

In all honesty, the change actually already started to take place over the past month or so.

I'm thinking its possibly a fuse or a relay, or maybe the light switch itself, which in all honesty looks like it would be a bitch to fix.

They will work for damn near anything, hell, I bet you could get them to do it for a $1 in all honesty.

In all honesty, I hardly believe its gender related at all.

Met a few of my cousin\'s kids whom in all honesty, didn't even know existed.

In all honesty, I think I made if from Corktown all the way to the heart of downtown at the DBC and I passed one person at the intersection of Grand River and Woodward....that was it.

In all honesty, doesn\'t much matter what I get for Christmas, as I know I\'ll be playing with my new dog as if it was the cool/trendy toy that everybody had to have that year.

In all honesty, I\'m more concerned about it being lighter.

Because in all honesty, every move he has made appeared to be the best decision at the time.

In all honesty, most cabbies down here are getting to know me fairly well.

For this reason I think I have only ate there once sober during my years down here, in all honesty, I\'d probably never do it again.

In all honesty, that will play no part in my decision.

In all honesty, Campus Martius was the turning point for this city.

It can be argued that Detroit is not ready for the Super Bowl, in all honesty, maybe we are not.

In all honesty, I think this is the first away game I may have missed in probably 4 years or so.

Most of whom in all honesty weren\'t even on this site till he lead them to it.

They get two calls tops, often its just one, as in all honesty that\'s way more than enough.

In all honesty, I\'m not sure why people find this town so scary.

Sad how this city was the industrial heart of the nation, built America to what it was today, was the Arsenal for Democracy during WWII which in all honesty, without Detroit, we very likely would have lost the war.

In all honesty, I was much more concerned about two other canidates on the ballot than Kwame.

In all honesty, I don\'t care much for Hendrix either, but feel he is by far the better of the two.

As I drove down Trumbull I had wondered what the bulldozers were doing just up the block, though in all honesty, I pretty much knew what they would be doing.

Yet in all honesty, that\'s not all that different that conversations that take place in person.

In all honesty, I gotta eat until I feel like I\'m gonna explode in order to put on weight.

This saturday is my 29th birthday, in all honesty it doesn\'t even feel like that big of a deal anymore.

In all honesty, its fuckin\' hilarious too!

In all honesty, there are very few gyms in Detroit.

In all honesty, it was the only time in my 21 dives I\'ve made that I seriously should have cancelled the dive.

In all honesty, I had thought she was a guy!

After tonight\'s show I headed to a bar with a couple friends, though in all honesty I spent more time talking to a couple girls that sat down beside me.

Most of you out there have no idea what its like to be behind the wheel of something that in all honesty pushes the limits of legality.

In all honesty, this season can\'t end soon enough.

While a $100 million study proposing a line from Ann Arbor to Detroit is currently under way, in all honesty, I think this is totally the wrong approach.

In all honesty, I\'ll probably build a deck come next year that will cover a good 1/4 of the yard or so.

In all honesty, I never knew who they were, though I\'ve always liked Motown music.

In all honesty, I think its one of the dumbest features ever.

Here is a development project that in all honesty is probably the best infill project Detroit has ever seen.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby The Beav » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 pm

How big is the file?

I'm a trained search professional.

Maybe you can email it too me, or save it on HFD.com and we can set up an sftp or something...

I'm betting it mega-huge, though.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 pm

The Beav wrote:How big is the file?

Maybe you can email it too me, or save it on HFD.com and we can set up an sftp or something...

Workin on Saturday? I can probably just burn it to a disc.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby The Beav » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Andy wrote:
The Beav wrote:How big is the file?

Workin on Saturday? I can probably just burn it to a disc.

I am!

Guess I should start figuring out which of my 6 other email addresses to waste on signing up to DY... or not.

Hi, Gisty! Don't forget to warn Lowell of a possible break-in!
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Beav » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Why does this not surprise me?

Edward Chesher: I am voting for Trump, because Clinton hates police.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:05 pm

The Beav wrote:Why does this not surprise me?

Edward Chesher: I am voting for Trump, because Clinton hates police.

I saw that thread, too.
Bravo to Supergay for not just chucking everything and telling the posters he doesn't speak moron.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Previous

Return to General Discussion