Crazy White People

About all things in and around the Detroit area

Re: Crazy White People

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:32 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
frank - up in grand blanc wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/10/27/oregon-militia-leaders-acquitted-in-wildlife-refuge-standoff/

Oregon occupiers were acquitted of all charges, namely weapons and conspiracy. What a load of shit. I can only hope that if they'd been tried on charges of being assholes and abusive of public property then they'd have gone down.

Nah, there's no such thing as white privilege; the white judge and white jury had nothing to do with these white necks getting off.


And meanwhile, they're doing a Birmingham '63 number on the folks protesting the oil pipeline. And from what I've read about the Bundy Bunch's trial, the prosecutor hardly fucked up. Shit, his closing argument (accurately) included the statement that common sense called for a guilty verdict strictly based on the evidence presented.


Social justice warriors call it justifiable jury nullification when it happens in the ghetto so I'll escalate things by stating that Americans everywhere just keep proving that they're not worthy of democracy and a constitution written with adults in mind. OJ would have hung and these shithead would be breaking rocks into the 2030s if truth and justice prevailed. And in an alternate universe Hillary is in a prison cell while Trump is made to stand in the corner after having his mouth washed out with soap.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Crazy White People

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:25 pm

The NASCAR race was delayed by rain yesterday and the start didn't come until about 7 p.m. local time. A one-minute Trump ad aired at least five times, maybe more. Big shock, I know, Trump and NASCAR.

What I'm curious to see, however, is the disappointment of those who really believe he can win the election. He can't, of course, and will get his ass kicked, but good, tomorrow.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6660
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Crazy White People

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:16 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:The NASCAR race was delayed by rain yesterday and the start didn't come until about 7 p.m. local time. A one-minute Trump ad aired at least five times, maybe more. Big shock, I know, Trump and NASCAR.

What I'm curious to see, however, is the disappointment of those who really believe he can win the election. He can't, of course, and will get his ass kicked, but good, tomorrow.



I'm finally at a point where I just want that bitch blown out so that the Gary Trudeaus and the prim little self-annointed intellectuals have to shit themselves with rage once "Hitler" is inaugurated. Trump is a fool, but Hillary is a conniving power-seeker without integrity enough to drop the disingenuous facade of working for the people when in fact she's been campaigning for the presidency since 1993. Standing by her man while he screwed the intern with cigars told me what I needed to know, and then her complicity in the DNC's gang rape of Bernie Sanders this year... I expect shit from a mogul, but HRC presents herself as something she's not and for that reason I wish her and her enablers nothing good.

And should Trump get smoked, I will expect some semi-serious questions about the desirability of democracy will be asked in the drawing rooms and faculty lounges at schools and in university towns everywhere.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Crazy White People

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 pm

To SA's point there will be some seriously bummed people tomorrow. The bitch or maybe joy of it is that at this stage a swing of maybe less than a million voters in the right places/ states could make all of the difference.
User avatar
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass
 
Posts: 9163
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: "Avatar repossessed for history of non-payment.."

Re: Crazy White People

Postby guest » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:42 am

frank - up in grand blanc wrote: ...in fact she's been campaigning for the presidency since 1993.


Actually, she had her eyes on that prize since her college days, but knowing that a female could never be president of the USofA, she aligned herself with the similarly-minded Bill.
User avatar
guest
Hot Fudge Poor Dentition
 
Posts: 6612
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am
Location: the old windmill

Re: Crazy White People

Postby Craig » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:15 pm

A name popped into my head from my grad school days. Via the power of Google a search revealed all.

This whackadoo...
https://www20.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/details?x=1517918&n=0

...polluted one of my first classes at Wayne State. She had strong beliefs and was pretty much an obnoxious bigmouth about promoting them. Within the first couple of weeks all of her secrets had been revealed: she was jewish, her boyfriend was black, they were going to marry and she was going to raise the kids in her faith, her dude composed jazz and she liked to wear his shirts, social justice was lacking in all corners of American society. Blah, blah, fuckin' blah. None of this had the slightest thing to do with anything in the class, btw. Rather, she was a true believer in her causes and the trajectory of her life.

I remember her because in spite of the fact that I wanted to shove a boot into her mouth just to shut her up (a) she was pretty hot and (b) a nerdy little white guy in the class who became my buddy was obsessed with taking her out. "She's got a boyfriend," I say, and to which he'd reply "that just turns me on more." Whatever. We finished the semester and maybe I saw Bucketmouth a few more times over the next few years where, inevitably, she was tied up with some cause or another.

OK, you ask, she's in prison, so what? Well, if you have a few minutes to kill then read the article linked below. You don't need to read the whole thing, just a few minutes should be enough to tell you what went down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.html?_r=0
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
User avatar
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Re: Crazy White People

Postby middle aged female » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Craig wrote:A name popped into my head from my grad school days. Via the power of Google a search revealed all.

This whackadoo...
https://www20.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/details?x=1517918&n=0

...polluted one of my first classes at Wayne State. She had strong beliefs and was pretty much an obnoxious bigmouth about promoting them. Within the first couple of weeks all of her secrets had been revealed: she was jewish, her boyfriend was black, they were going to marry and she was going to raise the kids in her faith, her dude composed jazz and she liked to wear his shirts, social justice was lacking in all corners of American society. Blah, blah, fuckin' blah. None of this had the slightest thing to do with anything in the class, btw. Rather, she was a true believer in her causes and the trajectory of her life.

I remember her because in spite of the fact that I wanted to shove a boot into her mouth just to shut her up (a) she was pretty hot and (b) a nerdy little white guy in the class who became my buddy was obsessed with taking her out. "She's got a boyfriend," I say, and to which he'd reply "that just turns me on more." Whatever. We finished the semester and maybe I saw Bucketmouth a few more times over the next few years where, inevitably, she was tied up with some cause or another.

OK, you ask, she's in prison, so what? Well, if you have a few minutes to kill then read the article linked below. You don't need to read the whole thing, just a few minutes should be enough to tell you what went down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/magazine/the-strange-case-of-anna-stubblefield.html?_r=0

This just shows you what too much religion will do to some people
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Crazy White People

Postby Craig » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 pm

The "religion" in this case was out of control progressivism. Like with Walter in the Big Lebowski: she's not necessarily wrong, but she is/was an asshole. Refer to someone as crippled or disabled and pow, she'd give an earful about "differently able." OK, yeah, whatever it takes to get you out of my face until the next innocuous event triggers another bout of moral supefiority and crusading spirit. Well shit, political correctness might have been a boomerang that unexpectedly came back and blew her up.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
User avatar
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Re: Crazy White People

Postby Craig » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 pm

More: through Google I found my long-lost buddy, the guy who was attracted to the now-con. Little dude went on to Michigan, earned a PhD, and looks like he's pieced together an academic career out of adjunct positions, research grants, and a stint at a residential New England prep school. I'm weighing whether or not to reach out. You know "hey dude, remember me? Better yet, do you remember that awful woman that you used to confess boners for when we'd hang at Circa? The good news is that I know her address and she's going to be there for a long time. But the bad news is..."
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
User avatar
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Re: Crazy White People

Postby vlad the impaler » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 am

Yes, the internet is an amazing device when it comes to tracking former acquaintances (for better or for worse). Wasn't that long ago that one's path- and the people they met along the way- would extend no further than a shoe box full of polaroids and vague memories of "Paula", that girl at summer fest, '79.

Now anyone can look up old friends and old flames and within a few minutes, find their address, how they look, how much their home is worth, how they vote, etc.

There are some people though who, amazingly, leave little or no electronic vapor trail. I'm curious how my first 'real' girlfriend looks thirty years after that last tearful moment. She's may still be a resident of Planet Earth but you wouldn't know it if Facebook, Twitter, etc, were the only sources of information. Other mutual connections provide glimpses here and there how her life turned out (married, kids, lives out of state), but I guess I'll only have fading memories when it comes to her physical being. Maybe that's a good thing... time can be a real bitch.

Reaching out from the great wide blue after a couple of decades is always a gamble. I've done it and the results have been mixed. Some folks appreciated the unexpected gesture and valued the re-connect. Others seemed indifferent, or even irritated, by the blast from the past.

Did your buddy hate himself? She doesn't look like the type who was attractive, physically or emotionally. And she seems like the type who would find normal men repugnant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -love.html
User avatar
vlad the impaler
Highly Appreciated and Valued
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:57 am
Location: Romania

Re: Crazy White People

Postby Craig » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 am

^ sure, she's rocking the Terry Gross look today but back in waning days of the Reagan era she was very attractive. But personality and M.O. trumped hotness and to me she was like a bucket of ice water.

Interwebs is a funny thing. This site, the comments section of my local paper, a couple of technical forums, LinkedIn, and Hot Fudge are as online social as I get, and so there's not much to learn about me. I like places like this for screwing around and wasting time, but the whole post-your-life deal of Facebook and the like has no appeal. A generational deal? Maybe. I've wondered if pros like me will fade into history while the over-sharers and machine gun posting of personal details will be the people remembered and studied by future generations of social science folk. Probably. But if staying out of OTIS means im gone then tbe trade-off isn't a bad one.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
User avatar
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Re: Crazy White People

Postby middle aged female » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:12 am

Craig wrote:The "religion" in this case was out of control progressivism. Like with Walter in the Big Lebowski: she's not necessarily wrong, but she is/was an asshole. Refer to someone as crippled or disabled and pow, she'd give an earful about "differently able." OK, yeah, whatever it takes to get you out of my face until the next innocuous event triggers another bout of moral supefiority and crusading spirit. Well shit, political correctness might have been a boomerang that unexpectedly came back and blew her up.

My point is that she was raised to believe in a tenet of the Jewish faith that makes her responsible for healing the world and she took it to the nth degree. Fanaticism at it's best.
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Re: Crazy White People

Postby Craig » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:07 pm

middle aged female wrote:
Craig wrote:The "religion" in this case was out of control progressivism. Like with Walter in the Big Lebowski: she's not necessarily wrong, but she is/was an asshole. Refer to someone as crippled or disabled and pow, she'd give an earful about "differently able." OK, yeah, whatever it takes to get you out of my face until the next innocuous event triggers another bout of moral supefiority and crusading spirit. Well shit, political correctness might have been a boomerang that unexpectedly came back and blew her up.

My point is that she was raised to believe in a tenet of the Jewish faith that makes her responsible for healing the world and she took it to the nth degree. Fanaticism at it's best.


You're telling me something that I didn't know. News to me.

In class and around the younger version of this woman I had the sense that she simply enjoyed being controversial and screwing with the patriarchy, the man, and the system. "I'm a jew. I date across racial lines and plan to marry him. Etc." Today we call it trolling but back then, pre-internet, it was called being obnoxious. You know, give everyone else around you a break from your causes and crusades.
Soon I discovered that this rock-thing was true...
User avatar
Craig
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
Location: Where you're from is gone, where you thought you were going war'nt never there

Re: Crazy White People

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Craig wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
Craig wrote:The "religion" in this case was out of control progressivism. Like with Walter in the Big Lebowski: she's not necessarily wrong, but she is/was an asshole. Refer to someone as crippled or disabled and pow, she'd give an earful about "differently able." OK, yeah, whatever it takes to get you out of my face until the next innocuous event triggers another bout of moral supefiority and crusading spirit. Well shit, political correctness might have been a boomerang that unexpectedly came back and blew her up.

My point is that she was raised to believe in a tenet of the Jewish faith that makes her responsible for healing the world and she took it to the nth degree. Fanaticism at it's best.


You're telling me something that I didn't know. News to me.

In class and around the younger version of this woman I had the sense that she simply enjoyed being controversial and screwing with the patriarchy, the man, and the system. "I'm a jew. I date across racial lines and plan to marry him. Etc." Today we call it trolling but back then, pre-internet, it was called being obnoxious. You know, give everyone else around you a break from your causes and crusades.


I read this story in the Times magazine whenever it was published (last fall/summer?) and walked away from it thinking:
A: That woman was nuttier than squirrel shit and her sense of righteousness and confidence in her mental superiority paved a nice, clean road to prison. Some corrections department shrink is going to make a tidy buck writing a book about her.
B: Thank goodness the disabled man's family saw the 'relationship' for what it was: Abuse.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6660
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Crazy White People

Postby middle aged female » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:19 am

Craig wrote:
middle aged female wrote:
Craig wrote:The "religion" in this case was out of control progressivism. Like with Walter in the Big Lebowski: she's not necessarily wrong, but she is/was an asshole. Refer to someone as crippled or disabled and pow, she'd give an earful about "differently able." OK, yeah, whatever it takes to get you out of my face until the next innocuous event triggers another bout of moral supefiority and crusading spirit. Well shit, political correctness might have been a boomerang that unexpectedly came back and blew her up.

My point is that she was raised to believe in a tenet of the Jewish faith that makes her responsible for healing the world and she took it to the nth degree. Fanaticism at it's best.


You're telling me something that I didn't know. News to me.

In class and around the younger version of this woman I had the sense that she simply enjoyed being controversial and screwing with the patriarchy, the man, and the system. "I'm a jew. I date across racial lines and plan to marry him. Etc." Today we call it trolling but back then, pre-internet, it was called being obnoxious. You know, give everyone else around you a break from your causes and crusades.

It's quoted in the article you linked in your first post on the subject:
‘‘I was raised to believe that I have the responsibility of tikkun olam, repairing the world,’’ Anna wrote in her 2005 book ‘‘Ethics Along the Color Line.’’


Definition of Tikkun Olam
Tikkun Olam. A jewish concept defined by acts of kindness performed to perfect or repair the world. The phrase is found in the Mishnah, a body of classical rabbinic teachings. It is often used when discussing issues of social policy, insuring a safeguard to those who may be at a disadvantage.
User avatar
middle aged female
Hot Fudge Designated Driver
 
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests