The Greatest Spectacle in Racing

Discuss all sports news here

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing

Postby susanarosa » Fri May 23, 2008 3:39 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/columns/story?columnist=blount_terry&id=3409383

The SA and I were just talking about him last night.

Pretty interesting list they put together.
susanarosa
Hot Fudge Girl

Postby David Hall » Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm

The SA is a racing fan? Awesome.

Monaco this weekend Bitches! And the Indy 500. Looks Like I'm gonna bring my TV outside on Sunday.
Basically, I believe you have to do what you love, learning as a loan wolf, before you can join a pack.
David Hall
Hot Fudge Mortgage Expert

Postby susanarosa » Fri May 23, 2008 4:03 pm

AJ Foyt on AJ Foyt,

"Quite honestly, Mario was damn tough and had some really great races," Foyt said. "But I also thought sometimes he beat himself by driving the car too hard to try to beat me."

That quote cracks me up.
susanarosa
Hot Fudge Girl

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri May 23, 2008 5:57 pm

David Hall wrote:The SA is a racing fan? Awesome.

Monaco this weekend Bitches! And the Indy 500. Looks Like I'm gonna bring my TV outside on Sunday.

I'm stuck at work during the 500 ... bummer. Should be able to catch most of the NASCAR race later on.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby Mulligan » Sat May 24, 2008 12:36 am

I see Al Unser is No. 15 on the list. Last night, Al Unser Jr. was the lead story on the local news where I am. It seems his latest accomplishment is becoming a meth head. His ex-wife was broken up about his mug shot and how different he looks since the last time she saw him (or so the reporter told us; the ex was too broken up to appear on camera). Junior had the world by the balls a couple decades ago.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby susanarosa » Sat May 24, 2008 7:04 pm

Mulligan wrote:I see Al Unser is No. 15 on the list. Last night, Al Unser Jr. was the lead story on the local news where I am. It seems his latest accomplishment is becoming a meth head. His ex-wife was broken up about his mug shot and how different he looks since the last time she saw him (or so the reporter told us; the ex was too broken up to appear on camera). Junior had the world by the balls a couple decades ago.

I always thought he was primarily a raging alcoholic.

I hope Paul Tracy is paying attention.
susanarosa
Hot Fudge Girl

Postby susanarosa » Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Mulligan wrote:I see Al Unser is No. 15 on the list. Last night, Al Unser Jr. was the lead story on the local news where I am. It seems his latest accomplishment is becoming a meth head. His ex-wife was broken up about his mug shot and how different he looks since the last time she saw him (or so the reporter told us; the ex was too broken up to appear on camera). Junior had the world by the balls a couple decades ago.

*ahem*

It appears Mulligan has confused his Unser's.

Bobby Unser Jr. is the meth-head.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S454118.shtml?cat=501

Bobby Unser Jr., the son, nephew and cousin of three winners of the Indianapolis 500, has been jailed for a week because of his alleged failure to pay child support.

Unser was taken into custody last Friday for failing to appear in court. His ex-wife contends that Unser owes her $80,000. She also alleges that Unser has a problem with methamphetamine.
susanarosa
Hot Fudge Girl

Postby Mulligan » Sat May 24, 2008 7:26 pm

susanarosa wrote:

*ahem*

It appears Mulligan has confused his Unser's.

Bobby Unser Jr. is the meth-head.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S454118.shtml?cat=501

Bobby Unser Jr., the son, nephew and cousin of three winners of the Indianapolis 500, has been jailed for a week because of his alleged failure to pay child support.

Unser was taken into custody last Friday for failing to appear in court. His ex-wife contends that Unser owes her $80,000. She also alleges that Unser has a problem with methamphetamine.

As per usual, I was pretty messed up on meth when I watched the news last night, so I'm not surprised I confused the Unser Jrs.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Re: The Greatest Spectacle in Racing

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Sun May 29, 2011 9:44 pm

I've seen the replay of the last turn of the race today and remain astounded such a thing happened. I feel bad for Hildebrand but all he had to do was let up a little and take the fourth turn a little lower. How cool would it have been had he slid across the finish line backward yet still won if Wheldon was a little farther back?
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Postby The Beav » Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 am

On a side:

Does anyone remember the announcement starting the cars in 1977? I can't find refernece to it, but I seem to remember that Hulman announced something along the lines of, "In recognition of the first woman to qualify...Gentleman start your engines."

Or did he actually say, "Ladies and Gentlemen..."

Anyone? Bueller?
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Went to the Memorial Day Classic Grand-Am race in Lime Rock. What an amazing track. Beautiful, very fan friendly, intimate. Had hot pit passes, met lots of drivers and got five hot laps on the track between qualifying and the race in a prepped BMW M3 driven by the head instructor for the Formula BMW series. 140 MPH approaching Turn 1 is a freaking hoot.

Monaco F1 and GP2 are teed up on the DVR for tonight. Can't wait to see if Hamilton really was a prick or not. Even the British motoring press had some unpleasant things to say about his antics...

RE: Indy - One of my coworkers is married to CGR senior staff who hints that there will be some big changes coming after two consectuive weekend of fuel cock ups. Memo Rojas is not out of hot water either. Timmy Keen is not at all happy with him. Telmex cash or not, he can't continue being stupid.
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Postby The Beav » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Ansel Rakestraw wrote:Went to the Memorial Day Classic Grand-Am race in Lime Rock. What an amazing track. Beautiful, very fan friendly, intimate. Had hot pit passes, met lots of drivers and got five hot laps on the track between qualifying and the race in a prepped BMW M3 driven by the head instructor for the Formula BMW series. 140 MPH approaching Turn 1 is a freaking hoot.

At first glance I thought that said "hot piss passes," which didn't phase me one bit considering the author.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby D-Day » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:23 pm

The Beav wrote:
Ansel Rakestraw wrote:Went to the Memorial Day Classic Grand-Am race in Lime Rock. What an amazing track. Beautiful, very fan friendly, intimate. Had hot pit passes, met lots of drivers and got five hot laps on the track between qualifying and the race in a prepped BMW M3 driven by the head instructor for the Formula BMW series. 140 MPH approaching Turn 1 is a freaking hoot.

At first glance I thought that said "hot piss passes," which didn't phase me one bit considering the author.

Ansel says, "+1"
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby The Beav » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:31 pm

D-Day wrote:
The Beav wrote:

Ansel says, "I love little boys. The younger the better!"

Some things never change.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:44 am

The Beav wrote:

At first glance I thought that said "hot piss passes," which didn't faze me one bit considering the author.

Let me correct your spelling there. Which doesn't surprise me one bit considering the author.

And sir? sir? sir? Your Freudian slip is showing...
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Next

Return to Sports Forum