xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Discuss all sports news here

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby caseyc » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:12 am

sounds like an elaborate excuse to avoid ping pong tonight.
Make no new female acquaintances; avoid soirees; call on old friends occasionally. Write good letters to absent friends, and attend church once each Sunday.
User avatar
caseyc
Hot Fudge Cincinista
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: Hot Fudge Hall of Presidents

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby D-Day » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Bowling wrapped up for the year last night......and due to vast improvements by, the Mrs. D-Day, the prodigal D-Day, and the D-Dayette we managed to come in third place and take all four last night. Position round was last night so we bowled the team that was chasing us a game back. Came up in the second game facing off against my anchor counterpart and down by five....and turkeyed out against his his spare-strike. Winning in every sense that Charlie Sheen could imagine

I had a good night..226, 193, 189. I needed as I had been scuffling a little bit the past few weeks. Finished at 175 and had the league high handicap series with an 819 (735 scratch) so, all in all, not a bad year.
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby The Beav » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

D-Day wrote:I had a good night..226, 193, 189.


226 = 1 beer. 193 = 4 beers. 189 = 6 beers.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12397
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby hoog » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 pm

D-Day wrote:Bowling wrapped up for the year last night......and due to vast improvements by, the Mrs. D-Day, the prodigal D-Day, and the D-Dayette we managed to come in third place and take all four last night. Position round was last night so we bowled the team that was chasing us a game back. Came up in the second game facing off against my anchor counterpart and down by five....and turkeyed out against his his spare-strike. Winning in every sense that Charlie Sheen could imagine

I had a good night..226, 193, 189. I needed as I had been scuffling a little bit the past few weeks. Finished at 175 and had the league high handicap series with an 819 (735 scratch) so, all in all, not a bad year.



Nice year, D-Day! 735! Must be your Adonis DNA...

I think I finished the year in both of my leagues at 145... We just had our position round, on Tuesday, in the league I'm on as a regular (490). Then pitched the very same series total last night in the league I sub in with the artist formerly known as Chad Pennington. 2 weeks back I bowled a 563 for my second highest ever series. Managed to stop all the tweaking I was doing with my swing down the stretch and it paid off.
User avatar
hoog
Dr. Rosen Rosen
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:03 pm
Location: on the original HFD

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby Mulligan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 pm

hoog wrote:Then pitched the very same series total last night in the league I sub in with the artist formerly known as Chad Pennington.


Is he as rubber-armed on the lanes as he was on the gridiron?

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby The Beav » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12397
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby D-Day » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 am

Season finished up last night, and this was a trying year, to say the least. My team from last year disbanded and so about eight weeks into this season, I went to the lanes and asked if there was a team in need in one more and sure enou7gh there was. Great! What I didn't know was that I was being on a team of 19 year olds...er, make that three 19 year olds and a 9 year old.....between cheating at cards acting like a general 9 year old every time he didn't get a strike. That made this year a struggle and I left last night wondering of I was going back next season

I fought through a few injuries this year, too. Seems as though all the fun I had in my 20s jumping out planes and such, is starting to catch up to me in my late 40s

Finished the season averaging 173. Interesting thing is that I never bowled a 600 series all year. Not spectacular, but spectacularly consistent. I guess I'll take that.

Last night was a typical night 178, 142, 197
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby Amadeus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 am

A North Carolina man rolled the first 900 series in Professional Bowlers Association history — three straight perfect games.


http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... gii-1.html

Should add some caveats that narrow down the "first" aspect of this guy's feat, including mentioning Glenn Allison, but still...this guy's accomplishment is worthy of admiration.
“We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” Phil Jones, 2005
User avatar
Amadeus
Hot Fudge Humanitarian
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: xxx_HFD PBA, USBC and Recreational Bowling Superthread_xxx

Postby D-Day » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 am

Amadeus wrote:
A North Carolina man rolled the first 900 series in Professional Bowlers Association history — three straight perfect games.


http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... gii-1.html

Should add some caveats that narrow down the "first" aspect of this guy's feat, including mentioning Glenn Allison, but still...this guy's accomplishment is worthy of admiration.


A guy in my league did that where I bowl in 2006. Doing that on the PBA with the crazy oil patterns they use, though? Wow. Just wow.
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Previous

Return to Sports Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron