fantasy baseball

Discuss all sports news here

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Roquefort Robert » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:58 pm

I started the season 0-7-1, getting outscored 19-63. I had a lot of injuries, guys that didn't work out as expected, and no Gully to lean on to keep track of the daily lineup.

I finished the rest of the season 12-1, to end up 109-106-19 and the fourth seed in the playoffs, out of six. Won the first two playoff games before falling in the championship game to a very strong team. Overall, I think Gully would be proud of this year's scrappy squad and final results. This makes a championship game appearance in 4 out of 5 years, so the domination continues in what is now officially named the "Mike LaCombe Memorial League".
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby The Beav » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Pulled 3rd place this year. Unless the 4th place team can make up 60 points today.

Never placed higher than 8th.

Not sure what I did wrong this year, but I hope I do it wrong again next year, and beat Ya Mar. Because that's all that matters.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12393
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Mulligan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:22 pm

In my 5x5 head-to-head league, I started the week with Carlos Rodon tossing 0.1 innings and giving up five earned runs, six hits and two walks, with only one K. That's a horror show that is hard to overcome with just five starters per week and two relievers. I mentally conceded ERA and WHIP, and possibly wins and Ks.

But, thanks to Rodon's less-brutal second start of the week and the efforts of Steve Matz, Noah Syndergaard, Danny Salazar, Taijuan Walker, Andrew Miller and Roberto Osuna, I am poised to win four of the pitching categories with 4 wins, 3 saves, 2.95 ERA and 1.034 WHIp. And my 42 strikeouts are only two shy of my opponent. Never would have thought I could recover from that Monday massacre.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby The Beav » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Mulligan wrote:In my 5x5 head-to-head league, I started the week with Carlos Rodon tossing 0.1 innings and giving up five earned runs, six hits and two walks, with only one K. That's a horror show that is hard to overcome with just five starters per week and two relievers. I mentally conceded ERA and WHIP, and possibly wins and Ks.

But, thanks to Rodon's less-brutal second start of the week and the efforts of Steve Matz, Noah Syndergaard, Danny Salazar, Taijuan Walker, Andrew Miller and Roberto Osuna, I am poised to win four of the pitching categories with 4 wins, 3 saves, 2.95 ERA and 1.034 WHIp. And my 42 strikeouts are only two shy of my opponent. Never would have thought I could recover from that Monday massacre.


I was in a comfortable striking position in our league until last week when all of my pitchers lost their games. Plus a blown save. Scherzer and Price really shit the bed, and I earned about 1/3 the amount of points I had the first 2 weeks of the season, all but putting me out of any of the money positions.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12393
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Mulligan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:55 pm

The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:In my 5x5 head-to-head league, I started the week with Carlos Rodon tossing 0.1 innings and giving up five earned runs, six hits and two walks, with only one K. That's a horror show that is hard to overcome with just five starters per week and two relievers. I mentally conceded ERA and WHIP, and possibly wins and Ks.

But, thanks to Rodon's less-brutal second start of the week and the efforts of Steve Matz, Noah Syndergaard, Danny Salazar, Taijuan Walker, Andrew Miller and Roberto Osuna, I am poised to win four of the pitching categories with 4 wins, 3 saves, 2.95 ERA and 1.034 WHIp. And my 42 strikeouts are only two shy of my opponent. Never would have thought I could recover from that Monday massacre.


I was in a comfortable striking position in our league until last week when all of my pitchers lost their games. Plus a blown save. Scherzer and Price really shit the bed, and I earned about 1/3 the amount of points I had the first 2 weeks of the season, all but putting me out of any of the money positions.


Your league isn't head-to-head though, correct? Don't you have five months left for those pitchers to be the players they usually are?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby The Beav » Wed May 11, 2016 6:48 am

Mulligan wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:In my 5x5 head-to-head league, I started the week with Carlos Rodon tossing 0.1 innings and giving up five earned runs, six hits and two walks, with only one K. That's a horror show that is hard to overcome with just five starters per week and two relievers. I mentally conceded ERA and WHIP, and possibly wins and Ks.

But, thanks to Rodon's less-brutal second start of the week and the efforts of Steve Matz, Noah Syndergaard, Danny Salazar, Taijuan Walker, Andrew Miller and Roberto Osuna, I am poised to win four of the pitching categories with 4 wins, 3 saves, 2.95 ERA and 1.034 WHIp. And my 42 strikeouts are only two shy of my opponent. Never would have thought I could recover from that Monday massacre.


I was in a comfortable striking position in our league until last week when all of my pitchers lost their games. Plus a blown save. Scherzer and Price really shit the bed, and I earned about 1/3 the amount of points I had the first 2 weeks of the season, all but putting me out of any of the money positions.


Your league isn't head-to-head though, correct? Don't you have five months left for those pitchers to be the players they usually are?


Yes we do. And I'm still waiting. In the meantime, I'm 300+ points out of the money.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12393
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Mulligan » Thu May 12, 2016 9:51 pm

The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:In my 5x5 head-to-head league, I started the week with Carlos Rodon tossing 0.1 innings and giving up five earned runs, six hits and two walks, with only one K. That's a horror show that is hard to overcome with just five starters per week and two relievers. I mentally conceded ERA and WHIP, and possibly wins and Ks.

But, thanks to Rodon's less-brutal second start of the week and the efforts of Steve Matz, Noah Syndergaard, Danny Salazar, Taijuan Walker, Andrew Miller and Roberto Osuna, I am poised to win four of the pitching categories with 4 wins, 3 saves, 2.95 ERA and 1.034 WHIp. And my 42 strikeouts are only two shy of my opponent. Never would have thought I could recover from that Monday massacre.


I was in a comfortable striking position in our league until last week when all of my pitchers lost their games. Plus a blown save. Scherzer and Price really shit the bed, and I earned about 1/3 the amount of points I had the first 2 weeks of the season, all but putting me out of any of the money positions.


Your league isn't head-to-head though, correct? Don't you have five months left for those pitchers to be the players they usually are?


Yes we do. And I'm still waiting. In the meantime, I'm 300+ points out of the money.


I would say Scherzer unshit the bed for you.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Mulligan » Sat May 14, 2016 9:42 pm

So I have Justin Upton on both my teams. Is he going to turn it around? I was offered a trade for him not long ago and declined, thinking he will break out at some point. I'm beginning to think he might not. Thoughts, fantasy baseballers?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby The Beav » Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Mulligan wrote:So I have Justin Upton on both my teams. Is he going to turn it around? I was offered a trade for him not long ago and declined, thinking he will break out at some point. I'm beginning to think he might not. Thoughts, fantasy baseballers?


I would look to see how long it took Puhols to turn it around when going from the NL to the AL... Dump him now.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12393
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Mulligan » Wed May 18, 2016 9:10 pm

The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:So I have Justin Upton on both my teams. Is he going to turn it around? I was offered a trade for him not long ago and declined, thinking he will break out at some point. I'm beginning to think he might not. Thoughts, fantasy baseballers?


I would look to see how long it took Puhols to turn it around when going from the NL to the AL... Dump him now.


Wise advice, no doubt. But since he's a Tiger I'll probably just keep him and hope he wakes up.

In my head-to-head league I've had Khris Davis sitting on my bench all season. I subbed him in for Ryan Braun this week because Braun's wonky wrist made me nervous. Payoff so far: 5-for-9. 4 HRs, 8 RBIs by Davis. I would be so pissed if that production was on my bench and didn't count. Not too often I time things so right.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5244
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Roquefort Robert » Fri May 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Mulligan wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Mulligan wrote:So I have Justin Upton on both my teams. Is he going to turn it around? I was offered a trade for him not long ago and declined, thinking he will break out at some point. I'm beginning to think he might not. Thoughts, fantasy baseballers?


I would look to see how long it took Puhols to turn it around when going from the NL to the AL... Dump him now.


Wise advice, no doubt. But since he's a Tiger I'll probably just keep him and hope he wakes up.

In my head-to-head league I've had Khris Davis sitting on my bench all season. I subbed him in for Ryan Braun this week because Braun's wonky wrist made me nervous. Payoff so far: 5-for-9. 4 HRs, 8 RBIs by Davis. I would be so pissed if that production was on my bench and didn't count. Not too often I time things so right.

Dump Upton. Better yet, try and trade him to that sucker that wanted him.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: fantasy baseball

Postby Roquefort Robert » Fri May 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Also, I'm in second place in the Mike LaComb Memorial League. I don't have the strongest of teams yet but I'm paying a little closer attention and the squad is fairly solid all around.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Previous

Return to Sports Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest