2012 Detroit Tigers

Discuss all sports news here

2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Roquefort Robert » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Robinson Cano is a free agent. I don't think it will happen but I would like to see a front line pitcher to bolster the starting five.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Ya Mar » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:23 am

Roquefort Robert wrote:Robinson Cano is a free agent. I don't think it will happen but I would like to see a front line pitcher to bolster the starting five.

I think he is a free agent if the Yankees decline their option on him - which they will not do.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby gullycanyon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 am

Ya Mar wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:Robinson Cano is a free agent. I don't think it will happen but I would like to see a front line pitcher to bolster the starting five.

I think he is a free agent if the Yankees decline their option on him - which they will not do.


Correct, and agreed.
"Do What Thou Wilt" shall be the Whole of the Solid Block of Text.
As a ravine dweller I can confirm this.
User avatar
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Doctor Detroit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 am

Jose Reyes, if Ilitch wants to spend lots of money. If he is going to spend, this is the pick.

Someone needs to back up Avila – Jose Molina could bat righty when needed.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
User avatar
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby The Beav » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:Jose Reyes, if Ilitch wants to spend lots of money. If he is going to spend, this is the pick.

Someone needs to back up Avila – Jose Molina could bat righty when needed.


I stand next to my statement about Martinez in the beginning of the year. Granted, we wouldn't have made it to the post-season without him, but burning out Avila was one of the big problems of this team. Combined with Jackson, they struck out almost 50% of their at bats in the post-season. Reyes would be the lead off hitter we need. Put Jackson in the tail end of the line up where he belongs.

Dependable middle relief is something that needs addressing. We have a bullpen filled with mop up guys, Alburquerque, Coke, Benoit and Valverde.

I think our starting pitching is good enough. (Thank God we will never have to see Penny in a Tigers uniform ever again) The Phillies of this year and last year are proof that great starting pitching will not carry a team into the WS.

Our minor league system is another huge problem. Not one of the callups filled a hole properly.

It's a big wait and see.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12384
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Ya Mar » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:35 pm

The Beav wrote:
Doctor Detroit wrote:Jose Reyes, if Ilitch wants to spend lots of money. If he is going to spend, this is the pick.

Someone needs to back up Avila – Jose Molina could bat righty when needed.


I stand next to my statement about Martinez in the beginning of the year. Granted, we wouldn't have made it to the post-season without him, but burning out Avila was one of the big problems of this team. Combined with Jackson, they struck out almost 50% of their at bats in the post-season. Reyes would be the lead off hitter we need. Put Jackson in the tail end of the line up where he belongs.

Dependable middle relief is something that needs addressing. We have a bullpen filled with mop up guys, Alburquerque, Coke, Benoit and Valverde.

I think our starting pitching is good enough. (Thank God we will never have to see Penny in a Tigers uniform ever again) The Phillies of this year and last year are proof that great starting pitching will not carry a team into the WS.

Our minor league system is another huge problem. Not one of the callups filled a hole properly.

It's a big wait and see.


I still think Jackson needs one more year to figure out how to be a leadoff guy - and to figure out how to hit. If he cannot, then you get rid of him. Centerfield is not a position where a team can hide a no bat, all glove guy. I think he will add another 10-15 sbs next year, another 5-7 HRs, his strikeouts will drop by 40, and his OBP will climb 30-40 points. Look at what Granderson did between 2006 and 2007. If he can't do that, then there is no reason to have him in the lineup at all, in my humble opinion.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby gullycanyon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:08 am

Here's a list of the 2012 Free Agent Class, Catchers. (This is from a site called Cot's Baseball Contracts. I have no reason to distrust them, but a double-check is never a bad idea, of course.)
An astericks (a little Dee-troitization of that one fer ye) indicates that an option is available, and-- most of the time-- the option is the club's privilege, not the player's.)

Rod Barajas LAD
Henry Blanco ARI
Ramon Castro CWS
Ryan Doumit PIT
Ramon Hernandez CIN
Jason Kendall KC
Gerald Laird STL
Jose Molina TOR
Yadier Molina STL *
Dioner Navarro LAD
Jorge Posada NYY
Ivan Rodriguez WAS
Brian Schneider PHI
Kelly Shoppach TB *
Chris Snyder PIT *
Matt Treanor KC
Jason Varitek BOS
"Do What Thou Wilt" shall be the Whole of the Solid Block of Text.
As a ravine dweller I can confirm this.
User avatar
gullycanyon
Hot Fudge Goddamit
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Walking Around Angry and Pissed Off at Everything... I do not live in the Ravine area though.

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Ya Mar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby The Beav » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


I've alway been fond of Ryan Doumit. He hit .303 last year in only 77 games.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12384
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Mulligan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


Didn't he exit here as locker room poison?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Roquefort Robert » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Mulligan wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


Didn't he exit here as locker room poison?


Yes.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Ya Mar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


Didn't he exit here as locker room poison?


Yes.


I missed that. Oh well.
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Ya Mar wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


Didn't he exit here as locker room poison?


Yes.


I missed that. Oh well.


I don't think it wasn't reported. I believe it was mostly just common knowledge among media/locker room peoples.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Ya Mar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


Didn't he exit here as locker room poison?


Yes.


I missed that. Oh well.


I don't think it wasn't reported. I believe it was mostly just common knowledge among media/locker room peoples.


Like you and Mulligan?
"Before indoor plumbing and chlorination of the water supply, outliving dysentery required an intestinal fortitude that was considered special. These kids today don’t even give dysentery a second thought."
User avatar
Ya Mar
Hot Fudge Salsa Swing
 
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: 2012 Detroit Tigers

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Ya Mar wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
Mulligan wrote:
Ya Mar wrote:Call me crazy, but I would love to see Pudge catching 5th game or so...


Didn't he exit here as locker room poison?


Yes.


I missed that. Oh well.


I don't think it wasn't reported. I believe it was mostly just common knowledge among media/locker room peoples.


Like you and Mulligan?


I can't speak for Mulligan but yes. Kind of.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Next

Return to Sports Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest