2012 Sports Predictions

Discuss all sports news here

2012 Sports Predictions

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Lions: They lose to the Saints this weekend and head into the draft looking to upgrade the offensive line and find a running back. Another strong season, helped by a rather favorable schedule, gets them another playoff berth but they still can't get past the Packers for the division title.

NFL: Packers beat the Patriots to repeat as Super Bowl champions. ... Peyton Manning signs with the Jets, Matt Flynn goes to the Seahawks. ... Jeff Fisher ends up with the Dolphins.

Pistons: Brandon Knight is good, the rest of the team is very inconsistent as the team stays in the hunt for the seventh or eighth playoff spot in a very putrid Eastern Conference. Joe Dumars' seat starts getting very warm.

NBA: Heat tops the Thunder for the NBA title. ... Several teams are accused of tanking, given the bounty of talent coming out of college programs this spring.

NCAA basketball: State and Michigan each make it to the second weekend of the tournament. North Carolina wins it all.

Tigers: An awful division means the Tigers are celebrating another division before Labor Day, but they fall in the ALCS to Texas. Verlander wins 18 games but loses the Cy Young Award to David Price. Cabrera contends for another batting title. A healthy Brennan Boesch has a stellar season. Austin Jackson continues to struggle at the plate.

MLB: Barry Larkin is the only player elected to the Hall of Fame this year. ... Rangers beat the Braves for their first world championship. ... Boston fails to make the playoffs.

Red Wings: Good health means a long run into the postseason. Datsyuk does something amazing at least three times in any given series. Jimmy Howard has another solid postseason.

NCAA football: Michigan gets to the Big Ten title game but loses to Wisconsin. Sparty goes 8-4 while breaking in a new quarterback and receivers and ends up playing before New Year's Day. Michigan heads to the Capital One Bowl. ... LSU wins rematch to claim 2012 BCS title. ... (insert SEC team here) ends 2012 regular season with the No. 1 spot in the BCS rankings.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Re: 2012 Sports Predictions

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Rolex 24: The new Corvette DP has shitloads more power than Grand Am expects and the Suntrust Racing team preps its best with Angelelli / Briscoe / Taylor taking the win after CGR w/ Sabates Racing all star teams fail to gel and get their act together. CGR makes it a fight but Suntrust gets title at end of season.

IndyCar: The Captain has had a long winters chat with Will Power and he focuses on his own driving more than Dario's to good effect. Squeaks out the title but not the 500 win. CGR has too many irons in the fire with too many entries in too many series to really nail down the Dallara chassis.

F1: Red Bull and Vettel are still good but Mercedes McLaren are hungrier and Ferrari has not caught up fully. I choke on my own vomit as I call a title for Hamilton that goes to the last race of the season.

ALMS: Peugeot goes all in. Pretty much run the table because Audi is indifferent to North American title. Toyota stumbles mightily in their first season back. Sebastian finally gets his 24 Heures du Mans victory.

NASCAR: Who the fuck really cares?
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Postby The Beav » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:55 am

Ansel Rakestraw wrote:Who the fuck really cares?

Apply that to the rest of your post(s).
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Ansel Rakestraw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 am

Rolex 24: The new Corvette DP has shitloads more power than Grand Am expects and the Suntrust Racing team preps its best with Angelelli / Briscoe / Taylor taking the win after CGR w/ Sabates Racing all star teams fail to gel and get their act together. CGR makes it a fight but Suntrust gets title at end of season.

Soooo....the Ford powerplant was the big surprise, taking 1,2 & 3 in the Riley chassis. Suntrust Racing crapped its pants 31 minutes in to the race. CGR did make it a fight...until their gear box blew.
Ansel Rakestraw
Hot Fudge Charlatan

Postby Mud Bug » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Ex-Tiger Joel Zumaya lost for the season with elbow injury

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... bow-injury

I was just about to predict Zumaya wouldn't make it through the 2012 season when this headline popped up.

13 practice pitches and then it snapped... that's gotta be heartbreaking. I don't see him returning.

Like the adage goes, the candle that burns twice as bright also burns twice as fast....
Mud Bug
Hot Fudge Regular

Postby Iggy Poppelganger » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 am

Mud Bug wrote:
Ex-Tiger Joel Zumaya lost for the season with elbow injury

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... bow-injury

I was just about to predict Zumaya wouldn't make it through the 2012 season when this headline popped up.

13 practice pitches and then it snapped... that's gotta be heartbreaking. I don't see him returning.

Like the adage goes, the candle that burns twice as bright also burns twice as fast....

I beg your fucking pardon?
...sensitive smart alec college graduates... irony in place of balls, balls in place of brains, brains in place of soul, where is the soul?, where is the love?, where am i?
You're wearing a mask
You're wearing a mask
You look better that way
Iggy Poppelganger
Hot Fudge Regular

Return to Sports Forum