2012 Detroit Lions season

Discuss all sports news here

2012 Detroit Lions season

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Superman is sticking around.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Re: 2012 Detroit Lions season

Postby Andy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I wonder what Barry would have commanded if he played today.
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby The Beav » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Superman is sticking around.

I thought he was Megatron.
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy

Postby Megatron » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm

The Beav wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:Superman is sticking around.

I thought he was Megatron.

No, I'm Megatron. you must be thinking of someone else.
Megatron
Hot Fudge Former Kool Aid Drinker

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:53 pm

After seeing what kind of guaranteed money Calvin Johnson and Mario Williams got, Drew Brees must be walking the streets of New Orleans with an incredible boner. The Saints beat writer at the Picayune wrote yesterday he's probably looking at $20 million guaranteed.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby Andy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 am

(Drew) Stanton agreed to the deal, reportedly worth $1.25 million, Friday afternoon. He was one of the first free agents the Jets reached out last Tuesday when free agency opened and he met with head coach Rex Ryan and Jets' front office on Thursday.

He is expected to be the No. 2 behind Mark Sanchez.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... /203160433
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:03 am

The Detroit Lions resigned their left tackle and back-up quarterback, according to published reports.

Tim Twentyman reports the team agreed to two-year contracts with Jeff Backus and Shaun Hill.

Backus' deal is reportedly worth $10 million, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The terms of Hill's deal were not immediately released.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/fo ... index.html
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Nice. It would have been huge to lose him.

Stephen Tulloch never generated the bidding war he hoped for in free agency, and that was just fine by the Detroit Lions.

After a morning of negotiations with Tulloch’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, the Lions re-signed their top remaining free agent to a new five-year deal this afternoon.

Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

"I want to thank all of the Detroit Lion fans for sticking with me through this process," Tulloch tweeted this afternoon. "This is a special team & I'm glad to be apart of it."

Tulloch was the Lions’ biggest free-agent addition last summer, starting every game at middle linebacker and leading the team with 111 tackles.

The Lions made no secret of their desire to bring Tulloch back this off-season but had to wait while Tulloch tested a slow-moving market for middle linebackers the first week of free agency.

“He sounds excited” to be back, said linebacker DeAndre Levy, who texted with Tulloch shortly after news broke. “I kind of knew that he wanted to return, and I think we’re all on the same page of getting guys back together and kind of finishing what we started and trying to make a run at it.”

With Tulloch re-signed, the Lions have 21 of 22 starters from last year’s 10-6 team under contract. Cornerback Eric Wright, who signed a five-year, $37.5-million deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week, is the only defection.

Besides Tulloch, the Lions have locked up most of their other prominent free agents.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120320/S ... |FRONTPAGE
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Andy wrote:Nice. It would have been huge to lose him.

Stephen Tulloch never generated the bidding war he hoped for in free agency, and that was just fine by the Detroit Lions.

After a morning of negotiations with Tulloch’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, the Lions re-signed their top remaining free agent to a new five-year deal this afternoon.

Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

"I want to thank all of the Detroit Lion fans for sticking with me through this process," Tulloch tweeted this afternoon. "This is a special team & I'm glad to be apart of it."

Tulloch was the Lions’ biggest free-agent addition last summer, starting every game at middle linebacker and leading the team with 111 tackles.

The Lions made no secret of their desire to bring Tulloch back this off-season but had to wait while Tulloch tested a slow-moving market for middle linebackers the first week of free agency.

“He sounds excited” to be back, said linebacker DeAndre Levy, who texted with Tulloch shortly after news broke. “I kind of knew that he wanted to return, and I think we’re all on the same page of getting guys back together and kind of finishing what we started and trying to make a run at it.”

With Tulloch re-signed, the Lions have 21 of 22 starters from last year’s 10-6 team under contract. Cornerback Eric Wright, who signed a five-year, $37.5-million deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week, is the only defection.

Besides Tulloch, the Lions have locked up most of their other prominent free agents.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120320/S ... |FRONTPAGE

The longer time went by, it seemed like this was the only logical outcome.

Now to add some depth to the secondary and, possibly, look into Peyton Hillis' availability.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 am

Way to go dumbass.

Lions running back Mikel Leshoure is facing a felony charge of possession of marijuana in Berrien County District Court after a March traffic stop, his second drug-related offense in less than a month in the county.

Leshoure, who missed his rookie season in 2011 with a torn Achilles tendon, was the passenger in a rented 2012 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV that was pulled over March 12 while heading westbound on I-94 in Bridgman, according to a Baroda-Lake Township Police case report.

In the report, the officer making the stop wrote:

• Leshoure was “chewing marijuana” and the officer saw “small pieces of marijuana down the front of his shirt.”

• Leshoure complied when ordered to spit out the marijuana.

• Leshoure admitted to smoking marijuana before the SUV was pulled over but said most of the substance in his mouth was potpourri mixed with marijuana.

“My guy stops him, he’s a passenger in the car, you’ll read the report, and when my guy’s approaching the car, Mr. Leshoure’s trying to eat it,” Baroda-Lake Township police chief Gary Ruhl said. “It was just enough for personal use.”

Ruhl said Leshoure was stopped Feb. 18 by Benton Township Police in Berrien County and cited for possession of marijuana. He appeared in court March 1, pleaded to a lesser charge of use of marijuana and paid $485 in fines.

Besides his legal issues, Leshoure could be subject to fines and/or suspensions up to six games according to NFL rules on drug-related offenses. In the March 12 incident, Leshoure was charged with possession of marijuana/second offense, a felony punishable by up to two years in prison, Ruhl said, and was scheduled for arraignment today.

He did not show up for the hearing, but Ruhl said he received a call from Lions director of security Elton Moore late Monday afternoon stating that Leshoure was at the team’s Allen Park facility and believed the arraignment was adjourned until Wednesday.

No bench warrant has been issued for Leshoure’s arrest, Ruhl and a representative of the county clerk’s office said, but one could be issued if Leshoure does not appear.

“We are aware of the reports,” the Lions said in a statement. “We are gathering more information and have no further comment at this time.”

Neither Leshoure nor his agent, Fletcher Smith, returned phone calls seeking comment.

According to the police report, the SUV was pulled over “for failing to signal lane change and following too close behind a semi.” The SUV had been rented from Hertz by Leshoure and was being driven by Donald Lee Stewart of Champaign, Ill.

The SUV was towed and impounded, and Leshoure and Stewart were dropped off at a McDonald’s in Stevensville. Police ticketed Stewart for a suspended Illinois driver’s license and marijuana possession. Police also noted in the report that Leshoure had a valid Illinois license but a suspended Michigan license.

A second-round pick out of Illinois last year, Leshoure is the second Lions player to be charged with a marijuana-related offense this off-season.

In January, offensive tackle Johnny Culbreath, who spent last season on injured reserve, was charged with simple possession of marijuana after officers responded to a complaint of drug use at a South Carolina hotel.

Culbreath was caught on video surveillance placing two blunts in a table drawer in the hotel’s hallway. He paid a $412 fine.

The Lions are counting on Leshoure to be a major contributor in the backfield this season as a complement to Jahvid Best. Coach Jim Schwartz said last week at the NFL owners meetings that Leshoure is back running as part of his rehab and should be cleared for action before training camp this summer.

“Look forward to getting him back on the field and don’t anticipate any troubles,” Schwartz said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120402/S ... roit-lions
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Add Nick Fairley to the list.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Postby Andy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 am

For the second straight year, the Lions will be nationally televised for a preseason matchup. The game is set for August 17 against the Baltimore Ravens in Baltimore.

The last time the franchise was nationally televised in consecutive years for preseason games was in 1991-93--dating back to the days the Lions had with Barry Sanders.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Lion ... index.html
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 pm

2012 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

1 Sun, Sep 9 vs St. Louis 1:00 PM FOX

2 Sun, Sep 16 @ San Francisco 8:20 PM NBC

3 Sun, Sep 23 @ Tennessee 1:00 PM FOX

4 Sun, Sep 30 vs Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 14 @Philadelphia 1:00 PM FOX

7 Mon, Oct 22 @Chicago 8:30 PM

8 Sun, Oct 28 vs Seattle 1:00 PM FOX

9 Sun, Nov 4 @Jacksonville 1:00 PM FOX

10 Sun, Nov 11 @Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX

11 Sun, Nov 18 vs Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX

12 Thu, Nov 22 vs Houston 12:30 PM CBS

13 Sun, Dec 2 vs Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS

14 Sun, Dec 9 @Green Bay 8:20 PM

15 Sun, Dec 16 @Arizona 4:05 PM FOX

16 Sat, Dec 22 vs Atlanta 8:30 PM

17 Sun, Dec vs Chicago 1:00 PM FOX
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Andy wrote:
2012 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

1 Sun, Sep 9 vs St. Louis 1:00 PM FOX

2 Sun, Sep 16 @ San Francisco 8:20 PM NBC

3 Sun, Sep 23 @ Tennessee 1:00 PM FOX

4 Sun, Sep 30 vs Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX

5 BYE WEEK

6 Sun, Oct 14 @Philadelphia 1:00 PM FOX

7 Mon, Oct 22 @Chicago 8:30 PM

8 Sun, Oct 28 vs Seattle 1:00 PM FOX

9 Sun, Nov 4 @Jacksonville 1:00 PM FOX

10 Sun, Nov 11 @Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX

11 Sun, Nov 18 vs Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX

12 Thu, Nov 22 vs Houston 12:30 PM CBS

13 Sun, Dec 2 vs Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS

14 Sun, Dec 9 @Green Bay 8:20 PM

15 Sun, Dec 16 @Arizona 4:05 PM FOX

16 Sat, Dec 22 vs Atlanta 8:30 PM

17 Sun, Dec vs Chicago 1:00 PM FOX

Is it just me, or do the Lions always have to play at Lambeau in December?
The Suburban Avenger

Postby Roquefort Robert » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Calvin Johnson on the cover of Madden.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv

Next

Return to Sports Forum