Wanna Feel Old?

Discuss all sports news here

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Andy » Sun May 26, 2013 3:56 pm

The Phoenix Suns are hoping a return of Jeff Hornacek will help them rebound from the second-worst season in franchise history.

Phoenix and the former Suns and Utah Jazz shooting guard have entered into negotiations toward reaching a deal to install him as the new head coach, according to several reports.

Hornacek, a 14-year former NBA veteran, has been on the Utah coaching staff as an assistant since 2007. The 50-year-old has also interviewed for the vacant Charlotte Bobcats head coaching job.

He played the first six seasons of his NBA career in Phoenix after being picked in the second round by the Suns in the 1986 draft. He averaged a career-best 20.1 points per game in 1991-92, a season in which he made his lone All-Star appearance. It was also his final season in Phoenix as he was traded before the following season to the Philadelphia 76ers in a deal that brought Charles Barkley to the Suns.

The Suns are coming off a last-place finish in the Western Conference at 25-57, the fourth-worst record in the NBA and second-worst in franchise history behind a 16-66 effort in their inaugural season of 1968-69.

Interim coach Lindsey Hunter went 12-29 after taking over in January for Alvin Gentry, who was fired in his fourth season with the Suns.

The Suns dismissed general manager Lance Blanks last month. Blanks had served as general manager since August 2010.


http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93129 ... eports-say


Anyone remember former Piston Lance Blanks?
I want to give you one of my coffee mugs. You'll be surprised at how they nice they are. I was. - Marvin Crawford
User avatar
Andy
Hot Fudge Chief
 
Posts: 12661
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Grand Circus Park West

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby D-Day » Sun May 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Andy wrote:
The Phoenix Suns are hoping a return of Jeff Hornacek will help them rebound from the second-worst season in franchise history.

Phoenix and the former Suns and Utah Jazz shooting guard have entered into negotiations toward reaching a deal to install him as the new head coach, according to several reports.

Hornacek, a 14-year former NBA veteran, has been on the Utah coaching staff as an assistant since 2007. The 50-year-old has also interviewed for the vacant Charlotte Bobcats head coaching job.

He played the first six seasons of his NBA career in Phoenix after being picked in the second round by the Suns in the 1986 draft. He averaged a career-best 20.1 points per game in 1991-92, a season in which he made his lone All-Star appearance. It was also his final season in Phoenix as he was traded before the following season to the Philadelphia 76ers in a deal that brought Charles Barkley to the Suns.

The Suns are coming off a last-place finish in the Western Conference at 25-57, the fourth-worst record in the NBA and second-worst in franchise history behind a 16-66 effort in their inaugural season of 1968-69.

Interim coach Lindsey Hunter went 12-29 after taking over in January for Alvin Gentry, who was fired in his fourth season with the Suns.

The Suns dismissed general manager Lance Blanks last month. Blanks had served as general manager since August 2010.


http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93129 ... eports-say


Anyone remember former Piston Lance Blanks?


Yeah....Isaiah's heir apparent.
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Todd Benzinger's son is a freshman at Wright State and, if last night's game at U of D was any indication, is a damned good perimeter shooter.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Roquefort Robert » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Todd Benzinger's son is a freshman at Wright State and, if last night's game at U of D was any indication, is a damned good perimeter shooter.


Does he have an afro too?
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:Todd Benzinger's son is a freshman at Wright State and, if last night's game at U of D was any indication, is a damned good perimeter shooter.


Does he have an afro too?


Nope, but he sure looks a lot like his dad.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Roquefort Robert » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:47 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:Todd Benzinger's son is a freshman at Wright State and, if last night's game at U of D was any indication, is a damned good perimeter shooter.


Does he have an afro too?


Nope, but he sure looks a lot like his dad.


I guess with his long hair curling under his cap, it just looked like he had an afro...
Image
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Mulligan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:07 pm

It struck me that a newspaper cost 20 cents what seems like a couple years ago.

Image
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby D-Day » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 am

With the passing of Frank Gifford yesterday, the whole booth from the classic Monday Night Football (Cosell, Meredith, and Gifford) are gone and are now broadcasting games between the Los Angeles Rams and the St. Louis Cardinals
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Shark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:51 pm

Brett Perriman's kid is in the NFL.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Mulligan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Shark wrote:Brett Perriman's kid is in the NFL.


I remember when Brett's dad played in the NFL!

And just why did Bob Perryman change the spelling of the family surname? Was it because the letter Y represented a gay anthem?
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Cal Ripken broke Lou Gehrig's consecutive games record 20 years ago today.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Doctor Detroit » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 pm

Mulligan wrote:It struck me that a newspaper cost 20 cents what seems like a couple years ago.

Image


Delayed response, but what does a newspaper cost now? Where does one even buy a newspaper?

Bonus question from my kid, what's a newspaper?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
User avatar
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President
 
Posts: 5296
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Mulligan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:
Mulligan wrote:It struck me that a newspaper cost 20 cents what seems like a couple years ago.

Image


Delayed response, but what does a newspaper cost now? Where does one even buy a newspaper?

Bonus question from my kid, what's a newspaper?


$1. I usually buy them at gas stations or 7-Elevens.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
User avatar
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 am
Location: board room

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby Shark » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Raul Mondesi's kid, Raul Mondesi, was called up to the Royal's postseason roster.
Hmmmm....maybe I should be a large map of metro Detroit for on my wall, so I better know the relationship of my city and the suburbs. - Supersport
User avatar
Shark
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Not Detroit, MI

Re: Wanna Feel Old?

Postby The Beav » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:49 am

Shark wrote:Raul Mondesi's kid, Raul Mondesi, was called up to the Royal's postseason roster.


Wow.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Previous

Return to Sports Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests