March Madness 2013

Discuss all sports news here

March Madness 2013

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 pm

If the Big Ten and Big East seasons are any indication, this should be one hell of an entertaining NCAA tournament.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Beav » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:If the Big Ten and Big East seasons are any indication, this should be one hell of an entertaining NCAA tournament.


My high school alma mater (Saginaw Valley Lutheran) won their first district title in 16 years. Looking at their region, we may be going to state. I'm just wishing it was broadcast on the radio tonight.

March Madness, is all encompassing, right?
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Beav » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 pm

ESPN 100.9 out of Midland is broadcasting the Saginaw/Midland game, but going updates. There's another station broadcasting live, but doesn't have streaming.

Supposedly VLHS is up by 9 in the 4th.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby Roquefort Robert » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 pm

They won by 7.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Beav » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 am

Roquefort Robert wrote:They won by 7.


M-Live is pretty good with updating every quarter. Beaverton will be tough. No way will VLHS win with a 4-point 1st quarter like last night.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am

The Beav wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:They won by 7.


M-Live is pretty good with updating every quarter. Beaverton will be tough. No way will VLHS win with a 4-point 1st quarter like last night.


It's not real-time scoring, but the MHSAA's website usually gets final scores within minutes of the conclusion of the games. Downriver has a shot at the boys' finals thanks to Romulus and Allen Park Inter-City.
Riverview Gabriel Richard plays tonight in a quarterfinal but the odds are pretty step against it getting to East Lansing this weekend. Me, Beav and SR's homegirls at Grosse Pointe South, however, have a great shot at winning the Class A title.

I'll be in EL this and next Saturday to cover the girls' and boys' finals for the AP. Downside: It's a long, long day. Upside: My friend is the director of merch sales at all MSU sporting venues. Looking forward to meeting up for lunch when I'm there.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Beav » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:They won by 7.


M-Live is pretty good with updating every quarter. Beaverton will be tough. No way will VLHS win with a 4-point 1st quarter like last night.


It's not real-time scoring, but the MHSAA's website usually gets final scores within minutes of the conclusion of the games. Downriver has a shot at the boys' finals thanks to Romulus and Allen Park Inter-City.
Riverview Gabriel Richard plays tonight in a quarterfinal but the odds are pretty step against it getting to East Lansing this weekend. Me, Beav and SR's homegirls at Grosse Pointe South, however, have a great shot at winning the Class A title.

I'll be in EL this and next Saturday to cover the girls' and boys' finals for the AP. Downside: It's a long, long day. Upside: My friend is the director of merch sales at all MSU sporting venues. Looking forward to meeting up for lunch when I'm there.


If VLHS makes it, I might be going with you. That's a very big if.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 am

The Beav wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:
The Beav wrote:
Roquefort Robert wrote:They won by 7.


M-Live is pretty good with updating every quarter. Beaverton will be tough. No way will VLHS win with a 4-point 1st quarter like last night.


It's not real-time scoring, but the MHSAA's website usually gets final scores within minutes of the conclusion of the games. Downriver has a shot at the boys' finals thanks to Romulus and Allen Park Inter-City.
Riverview Gabriel Richard plays tonight in a quarterfinal but the odds are pretty step against it getting to East Lansing this weekend. Me, Beav and SR's homegirls at Grosse Pointe South, however, have a great shot at winning the Class A title.

I'll be in EL this and next Saturday to cover the girls' and boys' finals for the AP. Downside: It's a long, long day. Upside: My friend is the director of merch sales at all MSU sporting venues. Looking forward to meeting up for lunch when I'm there.


If VLHS makes it, I might be going with you. That's a very big if.


I'll only be there Saturday, but if you don't mind getting on the road at 8 a.m., be my guest.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

The boys' state finals will be Beav-less. His school got trucked tonight by 20 points.

If you're interested in high school basketball, U of D will be the site of a No. 1 vs. No. 2 game at 5 p.m. Tuesday when Pershing takes on Romulus.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Beav » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:57 am

The Suburban Avenger wrote:The boys' state finals will be Beav-less. His school got trucked tonight by 20 points.

If you're interested in high school basketball, U of D will be the site of a No. 1 vs. No. 2 game at 5 p.m. Tuesday when Pershing takes on Romulus.


There were no updates at all on Mlive or MHSAA all night.

I figured this would happen. We were Cinderellas and Beaverton will probably end up in the title game against Flint Beecher.
User avatar
The Beav
Hot Fudge Bundy
 
Posts: 12399
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Reruns.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby Roquefort Robert » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 pm

The Beav wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:The boys' state finals will be Beav-less. His school got trucked tonight by 20 points.

If you're interested in high school basketball, U of D will be the site of a No. 1 vs. No. 2 game at 5 p.m. Tuesday when Pershing takes on Romulus.


There were no updates at all on Mlive or MHSAA all night.

I figured this would happen. We were Cinderellas and Beaverton will probably end up in the title game against Flint Beecher.

Where Beaverton will promptly be stomped by 45. If Beecher gets by Detroit Consortium, which should be a good game.
By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
User avatar
Roquefort Robert
HFD Resident Perv
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Flint

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby D-Day » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Roquefort Robert wrote:
The Beav wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:The boys' state finals will be Beav-less. His school got trucked tonight by 20 points.

If you're interested in high school basketball, U of D will be the site of a No. 1 vs. No. 2 game at 5 p.m. Tuesday when Pershing takes on Romulus.


There were no updates at all on Mlive or MHSAA all night.

I figured this would happen. We were Cinderellas and Beaverton will probably end up in the title game against Flint Beecher.

Where Beaverton will promptly be stomped by 45. If Beecher gets by Detroit Consortium, which should be a good game.


If Beaverton goes there'll be lots of little Beavs there.....making the state finals very Beav-ful
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 pm

LSU's remote shot at making the tournament is swirling around the bowl right now in the second half of its SEC quarterfinal.

Michigan-Wisconsin ought to be a fun game to watch.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
User avatar
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: About $8.25 in tolls from Chicago.

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby D-Day » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:LSU's remote shot at making the tournament is swirling around the bowl right now in the second half of its SEC quarterfinal.

Michigan-Wisconsin ought to be a fun game to watch.


Cross post to HFD Huh? No game with Wisconsin is fun to watch
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
User avatar
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: Keeping Kentucky away from the rest of you

Re: March Madness 2013

Postby thunderstruck » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Grand Haven girl's BB beat GP South for the class A state championship, 2nd in a row for GH. What's their secret, tall Dutch girls?
User avatar
thunderstruck
Hot Fudge Regular
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Beyond comprehension

Next

Return to Sports Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron