2015 March Madness

Discuss all sports news here

2015 March Madness

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 pm

U of D won its first game in the little dance tonight after a 14-2 closing run lifted it to a 77-67 win over Youngstown State. They head to Valparaiso on Friday for a quarterfinal against Cleveland State.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Re: 2015 March Madness

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Flying out to Seattle on Wednesday for a a long weekend with some U of D classmates. We'll also be going to the NCAA tournament games at Key Arena on Friday and Sunday.
From the looks of things, Iowa-Davidson might be the only solid game on Friday but we could be a whopper on Sunday if Northern Iowa and Louisville both win their openers and meet in the round of 32.
Brunette 1.0 works at a university that's in the tournament and will be traveling with the mucky-mucks to Columbus on Friday. She knows about as much about college basketball as Woodward's Friend's new baby, but she's fired up all the same.

General bracket stuff:

It's hard to resist the urge to just pick chalk through the entire thing. The five power conferences are heavily represented on the selection committee and, once again, they fucked several mid-majors along the way, including, again, Wichita State. Only one power five team (Ole Miss) is in the play-in games.

Kentucky vs. the field is a popular prop bet in Vegas, they say. I'd take Kentucky.

Sparty: I thought they deserved a No. 6 seed, but they still should win their opener. The second-round game against Virginia could be tough, but MSU is playing very well at the right time of the year. They're no Final Four team, but I won't be shocked if they get to the second week of the tournament.

Final Four: Kentucky, Villanova, Iowa State and Wisconsin. Wisconsin and Villanova are the only two teams that have a chance to top Kentucky.
The Final Four is in Indianapolis this year and will be scalper's paradise as Cletus and Luella Mae make their way from the Bluegrass state to see their beloved Wildcats.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby D-Day » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:15 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Flying out to Seattle on Wednesday for a a long weekend with some U of D classmates. We'll also be going to the NCAA tournament games at Key Arena on Friday and Sunday.
From the looks of things, Iowa-Davidson might be the only solid game on Friday but we could be a whopper on Sunday if Northern Iowa and Louisville both win their openers and meet in the round of 32.
Brunette 1.0 works at a university that's in the tournament and will be traveling with the mucky-mucks to Columbus on Friday. She knows about as much about college basketball as Woodward's Friend's new baby, but she's fired up all the same.

General bracket stuff:

It's hard to resist the urge to just pick chalk through the entire thing. The five power conferences are heavily represented on the selection committee and, once again, they fucked several mid-majors along the way, including, again, Wichita State. Only one power five team (Ole Miss) is in the play-in games.

Kentucky vs. the field is a popular prop bet in Vegas, they say. I'd take Kentucky.

Sparty: I thought they deserved a No. 6 seed, but they still should win their opener. The second-round game against Virginia could be tough, but MSU is playing very well at the right time of the year. They're no Final Four team, but I won't be shocked if they get to the second week of the tournament.

Final Four: Kentucky, Villanova, Iowa State and Wisconsin. Wisconsin and Villanova are the only two teams that have a chance to top Kentucky.
The Final Four is in Indianapolis this year and will be scalper's paradise as Cletus and Luella Mae make their way from the Bluegrass state to see their beloved Wildcats.

So let's talk Kentucky......not taking anything away form their undefeated record, but how much of that is Kentucky playing in a junk (basketball) conference. Do they run the table in the ACC,or even the Big 10 or Big 12?

I'm not buying........
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:53 pm

D-Day wrote:
The Suburban Avenger wrote:Flying out to Seattle on Wednesday for a a long weekend with some U of D classmates. We'll also be going to the NCAA tournament games at Key Arena on Friday and Sunday.

General bracket stuff:

So let's talk Kentucky......not taking anything away form their undefeated record, but how much of that is Kentucky playing in a junk (basketball) conference. Do they run the table in the ACC,or even the Big 10 or Big 12?

I'm not buying........
Undefeated is undefeated.
A handful of SEC teams made them earn it and UK also played a very good nonconference schedule. They're legit.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby frank - up in grand blanc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Victory is mine! I was shanghai'd into the office March Madness bracket dealy-o and I managed to win back half of my 20-dollar stake by completing THE WORST bracket. I knew that I didn't stand a chance and so I went for the booby prize: worst bracket gets their money back. I took the low road and deliberately selected the most backwards-assed never-heard-of-em schools to go all of the way. The only fly in the ointment was that someone else had the same strategy and so we had to split the prize. When you know as little as do I about basketball losing ten instead of twenty is a very good outcome.
frank - up in grand blanc
HFD Marketing Consultant or Dumbass

Return to Sports Forum