2015 Detroit Lions season

Discuss all sports news here

2015 Detroit Lions season

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Haloti Ngata is not the next Suh, but a pretty good fill-in if they can re-sign Fairley. It also sounds good if Austin really is considering shifting to a 3-4 this season, as several outlets are reporting. Ansah could be a real motherfucker in a 3-4.

Meanwhile, the Saints traded Jimmy Graham to Seattle.

Fuck.
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger
HFD Widely Published Freelance Writer

Re: 2015 Detroit Lions season

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:11 pm

I had to write yesterday about Calvin (probably) not playing in any of the Lions' exhibition games. I have no idea why this is news.

The guy's a nine-year veteran and takes a beating during the season. Why waste bullets?
My hand to God, she's gonna be at Carnegie Hall. But you - I'll let you have her now at the old price, OK? Which is, which is anything you wanna give me. Anything at all.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby Mulligan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:48 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:I had to write yesterday about Calvin (probably) not playing in any of the Lions' exhibition games. I have no idea why this is news.

The guy's a nine-year veteran and takes a beating during the season. Why waste bullets?

That is why I never visit the driving range or practice green before golf.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.
Mulligan
Hot Fudge Parcopresis Sufferer

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Um, they're no damned good.

Only 38 rushing yards. Only one touch for Abdullah. Defense couldn't make a meaningful stop. The kid at left tackle in Waddle's place was horrible. Stafford, apparently shaken up early in the game, had no control on a lot of his throws.

Denver comes to town next Sunday night for a nationally televised game and, after that, it's off to Seattle for week 4. Then the Cardinals, and their defense, comes to town for week 5.

They're not good.

And the Saints suck, too.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby Doctor Detroit » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:06 pm

/thread
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Doctor Detroit
HFD Charlie Sheen Fan Club President

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:20 pm

I'll be very surprised if the Lions fire Caldwell this week (is there anyone else on the staff ready to be a head coach? Do they even want to hold out hope for anyone on this coaching staff?) but it seems like he's as good as gone at the end of the season.

I sincerely hope Mayhew follows him out the door. It won't happen, but it's be nice if Tom Lewand got the gate, too.

Mayhew has one good draft in his corner and little else. They knew they were going to lose Suh and did little to prepare for it, save for the trade for a broken-down Ngata. He whiffed badly on the offensive line this season, which makes it hard to assess whether or not Stafford really is the problem (though a lot of his interceptions have come on throws to his second or third option, which make it hard to stick up for him). Levy's injury shows how little depth there is at linebacker and the same is true in the secondary, where there was no reasonable way to expect Mathis to play as well as he did last season.
At least they didn't offer Ihedigbo an extension.

Caldwell seems like a nice enough fellow, but he's too rooted to the script when things break down. Word on the street is Caldwell almost resigned after the front office told him to fire Lombardi.

Lewand has been useless since Ford Field opened. The team doesn't need his daddy's connections to the city and county's power brokers any more.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Turns out the 90-year-old lady isn't as patient or trusting as the old man was ... or her children signed her name to the statement firing Mayhew and Lewand.
The Suburban Avenger

Postby D-Day » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:43 pm

The Suburban Avenger wrote:Turns out the 90-year-old lady isn't as patient or trusting as the old man was ... or her children signed her name to the statement firing Mayhew and Lewand.

I believe this is the biggest housecleaning I've seen in my life
Where the hell am I going? And what the hell am I doing in this handbasket?
D-Day
Hot Fudge Sniper

Postby The Suburban Avenger » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:20 am

Wild guess: Caldwell stays on and Jim Bob Cooter is promoted to the full-time offensive coordinator.

Wild guess 2: A somewhat competent GM is hired and makes ample use of the draft/free agency to add linebacker/offensive line depth. I doubt they try to move Calvin or Stafford, who seemed pretty comfortable with Cooter's play calling.

Wild guess 3: The Lions, with a pretty manageable 2016 schedule get back to the playoffs.

Playoffs: I think Pittsburgh could be a lot of fun to watch, so I'm glad they got in at the Jets' expense.
The Packers won by losing: Minnesota gets red-hot Seattle while Green Bay travels to Washington next week.

I just don't see Carolina getting to the Super Bowl; Seattle looks like a better bet.
New England, Denver or Pittsburgh could get there from the AFC, where the playoff games should be a great show.
The Suburban Avenger

Return to Sports Forum